Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on June 11, 2014
I don't do a lot of close-up work, but when I do - from tool projects to reading ludicrous small print on electronics devices to get serial numbers to...you name it, I want something that a) works, b) doesn't make me use my hands, and c) makes me forget it's even there. This little device arrived much smaller than I thought. I was thinking "clunky" and it was more "precisely utilitarian". It is very light weight - extremely so. I can't understand some of the reviews about it not clamping properly and slipping. I had no such problems. I had thought about getting the double lens version, but since I wear reading glasses I figured this would do the trick - and it did/does, in spades. Regardless of price (and it is very inexpensive), it is perfect for my needs. Highly recommend.
on July 20, 2015
Although sold in the the "toys and games" section, this is a useful tool. My aging eyes don't focus as close as they used to and tinkering with small things can be really frustrating without optical assistance. This loupe clips to my glasses and stays out of the way until I need it. It's great for examining small parts, the edge on a blade, or threading a needle. For me, it focuses at about 1.75 inches and covers an area about 1 inch in diameter,
I took off 1 star because it's not a high-quality piece of glass. If I needed it every day, I'd spend more to get more. For my needs, and the price, it's bargain.
on February 19, 2015
A fairly good alternative to the conventional cone shaped loupe user's are expected to between eyebrow and cheek. Focal distance is a bit short, and the wire stem from the lens ring, held in the support clamp, is flat rather than round in shape, reducing the flexibility of lens placement. Some glasses have temples too narrow for the spring clip to attach, but resorting to clipping to the lens frame of the glasses doesn't "work."
on January 16, 2013
I actually bought this to attach to a Steampunk top hat as part of a decoration. My mother broke her necklace. My reading glasses were not strong enough to fix the clasp and I couldn't hold a magnifying glass and fix the necklace at the same time. Guess what...This no longer a "toy". This now part of my jewelry making tools. I bought another one to put on the hat. I don't recommend it as a toy, it is fragile, but boy does it work as a loupe!!!! It stayed hooked to my reading glasses and did the job!!!!
on August 19, 2016
I'm using this lens as an attachment to a pair of Steampunk goggles I have made to compliment my Steampunk costume. I love adding multiple layers of lens and I really love how I can change the length of the stem of the lens and that it can be pulled in or pushed out. The mobility is a great detail to this lens. I will no doubt be purchasing more of these in the future for use in further costumes and accessories.
on April 18, 2016
Thought I already wrote a review on this, but if you want more,fine. I like this item, it is easy to use, when you just need a little more magnification at a critical point in close up work, then easily push it aside for less critical work ,not having to remove one set of glasses for another.
on December 22, 2014
The lens fits may glasses great and it does do everything it was intended to do.
It doesn't work for me because I needed to hold and object at arms length. So if you are using it an able to hold the object up close, it should work just fine!
on April 25, 2017
Does what it's designed to do
on August 1, 2016
These have a Very Short Focal Length. Won't do for the purpose I intended.
on July 12, 2013
First off, the magnifying lens is fine, it magnifies like anything. The little arm gizmo is ok, although there are less than firm connections. And it is designed for a right eye. It still works on my left eye, so that is ok. The problem I have is the clip that holds it onto the glasses frame. At first, it worked well, nice strong clip and everything. But then the clip started freezing open. Not wide open, but wide enough for the clip not to clip. As best I can tell, there is something causing it to bind up in the clip henge somewhere. But, with a little work, it does work. And, of course, if it is part of a steampunk costume, more permanent solutions are possible.