Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 2,135 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,223 reviews
on July 7, 2016
When I bought a new band for my wrist watch I also bought this spring bar tool. Having changed out watch bands on many watches over the years I know it's kind of a pain to get the spring bars compressed enough to remove an old watch band and to install a new one. With this tool I easily and quickly removed the old band without scratching my watch. Because my new band came with a self mounted spring bar compressor levers I didn't need the new tool to install the new band.
The new spring bar tool came with three differently sized v-shaped "blades" to compress spring bars. It also comes with three double end bits. One end of each has a small cylindrical shaft to push in on (compress) pins of spring bars where the mounting holes go all the way through the case mounts. The opposite ends of these bits are very small v-shaped blades for compression of very small spring bars. The ends of the tool handle have threaded compression screws that when tightened hold the blades and bits in place. The screws came excessively tightened and required considerable effort and grip to loosen. The bits and blades fit into the tool handle very snugly requiring a small pliers to push them in and pull them out. One of the blades is actually too wide for the compression screw to fit over and required the blade to be narrowed with a file. With the use of a file and the use of a pliers the tool is very useful to remove and reinstall the spring bars for a change in watch bands. Undoubtedly by using the tool and changing out the blades and bits over time they will be easier to change out.
on May 29, 2014
Where to begin. I received this today, and the first thing I need to say is it's roulette. Maybe you get a good one and maybe you don't. Maybe you should buy two, three, or four. I gave this item one star for the price point, and I gave it another star because one tip works. The problems start with what another reviewer had alluded to.

The threading for the tightening/loosening mechanism is terrible. Some of the threads have little 'burs' in them that just add to the already fatal flaw. I was unable to properly tighten the three round tips (you get three flat and three round tips) so every time I tried to put in one of the round tips it would constantly fall out. The flat tips seem to stay rather well and I was able to make due.

I plan on purchasing a pricier tool for this in the near future because while this tool has an amazing price, my time and patience are worth far more than $6.18.

For the price and the amount of 5* reviews it has I won't be surprised if this item keeps on selling, but I warn you that you may get a defective tool like myself, or you may get lucky. Buying a tool for a bit more $ may prove to be a wise investment not only for your watch, but your patience.
77 comments| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This tool is awesome, im 65 yrs old ive had a lot of watches, one reason i went to pocket watches is size im a big guy, line backer size and retailers never put bands on wristwatches that fit guys like me so we have to buy bands that will fit or expand to fit next problem is removing the old and putting on new, big guy big hands never an easy job so i use pocket watches. found a wrist watch i love so needed a new band, when i saw this tool i had my doubts!! suprise the tool works and it works well plus they send a set of replacement parts with it, i mean i lose things so that was a plus. yessir a great tool and every thing went perfectly. i have four other watches needing new bands and im not afraid to do it now and i know ill not be tossing because i cant do it. thank you GGI.
I use this tool mostly as a pick. The pick was blunt and I rotated it on a diamond coated sharpening pad to put a nice point on the pick end. This makes it handy for many tasks where you need to prick something, get under a thread or any other use where a point is needed. This Spring Bar Tool Set - 5in., 7 Pc, is a handy little pic, spring bar tool about as long as my gaming mouse, I keep it at my computer desk or for the workbench/fly-tying table next to it. You can reach for this little tool if you need a pick, a scraper or a small pry tool. I like it. The diamond machined grip is secure in the hand and the extra tips are going to make this tool still valuable when I happen to break one while using. Wish there were replacements. SE should provide extras to buy.
on February 19, 2017
Great little tool for my watch kit. I like to work on watches when I'm not operating large dozers' and backhoes in the oil field. No need for my usual 20 pound sledge hammer to get the job done- This petite tool features several replacement attachments in case one is bent beyond repair as I ofter do to small tools. These seem well built and my surgeon like hands easily accomplish delicate tasks, which today included installing new sail cloth band and butterfly deployment clasp on the Bulova. Next up- sail cloth band on my Rolex.
review image
on April 5, 2017
The spring pin that attaches the wristband to the watch face on my new watch popped out and though I found the little thing I wasn't able to put it back in and reattach the band. Since I live pretty far away from any watch repair locations and didn't want to spend too much money on such a simple procedure I decided to buy this tool. It was fairly inexpensive and arrived within the time expected. At first, I wasn't sure how to use it or if it would work any better than my fingers but once I got the hang of it, I was able to pop the pin back in very easily so it definitely served its purpose. The tool is very sturdy and has a nice grip. It comes with 4 replacement parts which can be screwed into either end though as a watch repair novice I honestly don't know why you would need them or if there's any difference between them. I plan to hold on to it in case of future watch emergencies.
on April 10, 2017
Love, love this nice quality tool. Fast shipping too. Thanks. Never again will I have to slink into a jewelry store and ask the jeweler to replace my watch band. Since I usually buy them from a non-local jeweler because my town doesn't know what a high grade watch band looks like and wouldn't have a 13mm let alone a long band if their life depended on it. I feel bad about asking because they don't charge for it. So now I'm freeee.
on March 6, 2017
Once I figured out how to remove my old watch band this tool was extremely helpful. Then again attaching the new band was made easy using this handy tool. It came with additional tips for different situations. The quality is excellent, much like dental tools and picks, well worth the money. Buying from Amazon has always been a pleasant experience. Dave, you make a great product.
on February 4, 2012
Armed with this simple tool and online video instructions (YouTube), changing a watch strap can be done in a matter of seconds. Never going to a jeweler again!
on April 17, 2017
This is one of those things that you never need until you need it, and then you say, "Man, I wish I had one of those things." I've changed a lot of watch bands and I always said that, I did, I always said that. I finally bought one with a new watch band I bought to upgrade an old but favored watch, and as soon as I used it I said "Man, am I glad I got that thing!"