Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 23, 2015
I'm something of a watch hound, I'm up to about 13 Seiko's and now turning my desires towards Swiss and German-made watches. After buying this tool, using it for a short while and watching it repeatedly bend and scratch some of my cases, I can competently recommend, based on first-hand experience, that you dispel all thoughts about saving money on this cheaply made impostor.

Just "cry once" and pony-up to buy the standard by which all others are judged, BERGEON. If you're going to be changing bands/bracelets/straps on more than just a couple watches, get the right tool for the job and not this cheapo lobster claw. You and your watches will thank me in the long run.
on July 8, 2015
Great tool! Used it to swap out my Seiko strap for a new leather one. I was able to easily change them out in just a couple of minutes. Highly recommended if you plan on swapping straps often.
review image
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2015
As others have noted, the quality of this tool reflects it's low price. The threads on the tip retaining rings were rough. The quality of the machining on the small tips is not precise. I used a fine file to remove a burr on the small tip.

On the other hand, it's a simple tool that does the job well. After so many years of frustration using a very small screwdriver to remove and replace spring bars, it was a real pleasure to use a tool made for the purpose and see how easy it can be. There is much less risk of scratching the watch or poking fingers with this tool as compared to using knife blades and teeny screwdrivers. You'll still need to be careful using and storing this tool as the small tip is really small and very sharp.

There are just two tip types. The four spare tips are duplicates of the two tips that come installed in the tool.

The small tip is used to remove the spring bar by pushing down a ridge on the spring bar. The need for the slight angle on the tip becomes apparent as you use it. The larger flat tip is also used to push down a ridge on the spring bar, but is more suited to installing the bar to get the pin under the lug for you to snap into position.

I'm happy to have this tool in my collection.
on May 10, 2013
I've never changed out watch bands myself; I've always taken them in to have it done for me. I've tried doing it myself several years ago with a different tool, but the only thing I managed to do was break that tool. I've been wearing a couple of watches that have disgustingly ugly bands on them, but didn't want to make another trip to the store just to have the bands switched out, so I decided to purchase this tool and give it another go. It was cheap enough that I wouldn't feel bad if I failed again, which I was sure I would do. The day I received this, I took it out of the package and tried it on my first watch. Without looking up any directions online or even be familiar with how to handle this tool, I guesstimated which end I'd use and how and was amazed at how easy it was to pop the spring bar from my watch. It took me less than three seconds to get it out on my first try. Putting the new band in took a few seconds longer, but the whole process only lasted me two minutes, tops. And again, I've never done this before, so I was very amazed at how easy the whole process actually was. I really wished I would've bought this years ago; I could've saved a lot of money and time just doing this at home instead of taking my watches to a store. I'm not sure how sturdy the tips are, but they include extra tips in case you break them. They seemed to work just fine for me, both the large and small. This is hands-down a must-have purchase for anyone who owns a watch and wants to change bands. It's very simple to figure out and use and will easily become a money and time saver for anyone looking to do their own watch band switching.
on February 24, 2014
I decided I was going to do it right when I ordered a band for my watch, so I bought this, and it made the process so easy.

I had to do some manipulation of my new band to get it to fit on the watch because the band needed to be trimmed to fit my watch properly. So I ended up installing and removing the old band and new band several times, and expended less effort than I have typically used in the past to do a simple one time replacement. The grooved angled flat tip works wonderfully to compress the spring bar during removal and placement.

I actually bought some additional spring bars because I have always ruined at least a couple when I attempt a band switch, since I am a clutz. However, I didn't have any issues this time. In fact, the band I bought was missing the spring bars, so I am still using those that came in the watch initially.

I have no idea what the smaller tip is for, maybe if I had figured that out, it would have been even easier, though I can't imagine how.

It would have been nice to have some instructions, but the process should be relatively intuiitive for anyone who has ever replaced a band before. If you never have, one tip is to help is that the spring bar has a lip on it, ans you engage that lip in the groove to either remove or install the spring bar.
on March 6, 2014
I didn't think I would appreciate this tool as much as I do. I had my doubts because of the low price. But it turned out to be pretty good at what it is meant for.

I just recently started getting into switching out my watch bands to update their looks and have been using make-shift tools such as tiny flat head screw drivers and push pins to remove my watch bands, but it has been some what frustrating. I finally gave in and invested in the right tool.

The tool is pretty nicely weighted steel. The tips are screw down fasteners that hold the inserts in place. It does come with extra in case you damage or lose them. The metal of the prying type tool is very soft, it would bend easily with force. The forked pin type tool is pretty sturdy though. The other end of the forked pin tool is a plain 1mm pin head, good for pushing spring pins through. The great part about having the extra is that you can replace the pry type tool with another plain pin in case you need that instead.

Overall, the product delivers. The only downside I can see is that the fastening method is a little weak. But it should suffice with regular use as long as you try your best to tighten it. It also rolls very easily. Ive had to quickly save it from rolling off the side of my work table a few times.
on May 22, 2016
I never knew how much I needed a spring bar tool until I started wearing a Pebble, and wanting to swap out the strap fairly often. I know quick release bands are starting to become more prevalent but for those bands that don't use quick release or something like a NATO strap, it's really handy to have this tool around. Any spring bar tool will do, but I like this because of the many pieces you can swap out to adjust for whatever you're trying to do. I even use this tool for things that require precision like removing very small adhesive that is hard to maneuver with just your fingers (I know kind of random, but it's true and it worked).
on April 30, 2017
I got this kit to help me change out straps on a Seiko 6309 "Turtle" watch. I bought it new in 1985 and it has been sitting in a drawer for many years. With the reissue of a new version of the Turtle watch by Seiko, I thought I would start wearing mine again. It is still in great shape, it just needed a new strap. I have used small pocketknife blades in the past to change straps out. However, that I snot always easy, especially with the 22mm strap on the Seiko 6309. This tool, with the right tip, makes quick work of changing the strap. It takes almost no time to remove/replace the spring bar. I am glad I spent the money on this kit. It definitely makes changing straps/springbars very easy! I recommend this to anyone who does not have one in your toolbox.
on September 10, 2015
The other comments are accurate in that this is a cheaply made tool, however it does do what it advertises in that I was able to remove the pins holding the original watch band and use it to (eventually) attach the new watch band to my LG G Watch R. The reason it is 3 stars and not 4 (or higher) is that the metal on the "needle" ends of this device are incredibly frail and snapped off from the pressure of trying to push out the pins holding the links on the new band. I think I was pressing as much as possible directly into the pin, but evidently I was just a tiny bit off center and the needle flew off.

I was able to complete the task using a thumbtack, which as one might guess is significantly sturdier.
on January 18, 2015
This is a very fine tool for replacing your watchband. It is sturdy, holds the tips securely and fits well in the hand. I only wish it had come with a bit more in the way of directions about how to use it, although it is not tough to learn. Basically, you remove the old band with the fine point and put on the new one with the broad point, in both cases working from the back of the watch (so as not to damage the front side, the part that shows, of the watch). You do need to dig a bit with the fine end into the leather of the old band in order to get the old spring clip out and released from the case. Similarly you need to put one end of the new band's clip into one side of the hole (on the watch that holds the clip) and then push down on the other end, compressing it and sliding the clip along the broad tip until it snaps into place. If you do that, it works great.