Spring Deals Automotive Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 29, 2014
Where to begin. I received this today, and the first thing I need to say is it's roulette. Maybe you get a good one and maybe you don't. Maybe you should buy two, three, or four. I gave this item one star for the price point, and I gave it another star because one tip works. The problems start with what another reviewer had alluded to.

The threading for the tightening/loosening mechanism is terrible. Some of the threads have little 'burs' in them that just add to the already fatal flaw. I was unable to properly tighten the three round tips (you get three flat and three round tips) so every time I tried to put in one of the round tips it would constantly fall out. The flat tips seem to stay rather well and I was able to make due.

I plan on purchasing a pricier tool for this in the near future because while this tool has an amazing price, my time and patience are worth far more than $6.18.

For the price and the amount of 5* reviews it has I won't be surprised if this item keeps on selling, but I warn you that you may get a defective tool like myself, or you may get lucky. Buying a tool for a bit more $ may prove to be a wise investment not only for your watch, but your patience.
88 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 19, 2017
Great little tool for my watch kit. I like to work on watches when I'm not operating large dozers' and backhoes in the oil field. No need for my usual 20 pound sledge hammer to get the job done- This petite tool features several replacement attachments in case one is bent beyond repair as I ofter do to small tools. These seem well built and my surgeon like hands easily accomplish delicate tasks, which today included installing new sail cloth band and butterfly deployment clasp on the Bulova. Next up- sail cloth band on my Rolex.
review image
on December 22, 2015
Someone warned me that this product was too cheap to live but I was really broke so I got it anyway. After all I only needed it for this one occasion for a Christmas gift. However this is such a poor tool it is really just luck that it worked even for one watch band change. I was following instructions from a professional video so I know it's not that I was using the tool incorrectly. First I tried to use the smaller tip because I had a very small window to get in at the bar. However as I was pushing down to try to encourage the spring out The tips of the thing just bent, as you can see from my pictures. The top tip is how it came the middle one the prongs just smushed right down the bottom one they bent to each side. As a result had to remove a piece forcibly with pliers in order to use the larger tip. Then that one bent in the middle of my attempt to remove the spring bar resulting in slight damage of the leather band.

In the end after destroying for tips I was able to accomplish the task. Granted this is the first and probably only time I have ever done this and I may have been using more pressure than is always necessary but I don't have the finesse down, so a little extra for us was the only way I could get the thing off. Bottom line: these the metal is very soft. It's no wonder they send you a good jillion extra tips.
review imagereview image
on November 29, 2012
Its difficult to get the attachment piece into the tool using the screw in lock nut, once placed, the attachment ends do not stay in place and falls out of the locking screw from gravity. It seems very cheap. I will be throwing this away in the trash. This unit is poorly designed and has manufacturing defects. It is sold as professional, and nothing could be further from the truth.
66 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 28, 2017
Hello it's my first time using a spring bar tool to replace the leather band on my watch for a stainless steal one and i can say that I had no issues with this product it looks and feels great. If your looking to replace your watch band then this product will help you do just that it also come with some extras like the small container where you can put spring that you have removed that way you don't lose them if your waiting for band to replace to arrive.
It's a good product That helped me do what I need it for so that's why I'm giving it Five stars.

on May 2, 2017
The tool set is great. Only reason that I didn't rate it higher is because there were
no instructions or helpful tips. I eventually got things worked out by trial and error.
on December 7, 2014
Tools arrived on time; no issues with the packing. The tools did not have an instructions sheet but a quick on-line search showed enough videos on how to use the tool. Used it to fix an OEM Seiko watch and watch band. Worked perfectly and is stored away for future use. Total time to research and fix the watch - 30 minutes
on September 25, 2017
Meh! It's Okay! Did the job but one side comes loose and does not stay secure. Bigger hassle to return it figuring it was rather inexpensive. Gets the job done, just have to be careful it doesn't come loose stabbing your hand ha ha!
on March 17, 2017
changing a band or removing links has always been a nightmare. with this tool piece of cake. great tool.
on October 28, 2017
Hubby loved it. Course he likes any tool I buy for him. Multiple uses.