Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 2,087 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,176 reviews
on July 7, 2016
When I bought a new band for my wrist watch I also bought this spring bar tool. Having changed out watch bands on many watches over the years I know it's kind of a pain to get the spring bars compressed enough to remove an old watch band and to install a new one. With this tool I easily and quickly removed the old band without scratching my watch. Because my new band came with a self mounted spring bar compressor levers I didn't need the new tool to install the new band.
The new spring bar tool came with three differently sized v-shaped "blades" to compress spring bars. It also comes with three double end bits. One end of each has a small cylindrical shaft to push in on (compress) pins of spring bars where the mounting holes go all the way through the case mounts. The opposite ends of these bits are very small v-shaped blades for compression of very small spring bars. The ends of the tool handle have threaded compression screws that when tightened hold the blades and bits in place. The screws came excessively tightened and required considerable effort and grip to loosen. The bits and blades fit into the tool handle very snugly requiring a small pliers to push them in and pull them out. One of the blades is actually too wide for the compression screw to fit over and required the blade to be narrowed with a file. With the use of a file and the use of a pliers the tool is very useful to remove and reinstall the spring bars for a change in watch bands. Undoubtedly by using the tool and changing out the blades and bits over time they will be easier to change out.
on May 29, 2014
Where to begin. I received this today, and the first thing I need to say is it's roulette. Maybe you get a good one and maybe you don't. Maybe you should buy two, three, or four. I gave this item one star for the price point, and I gave it another star because one tip works. The problems start with what another reviewer had alluded to.

The threading for the tightening/loosening mechanism is terrible. Some of the threads have little 'burs' in them that just add to the already fatal flaw. I was unable to properly tighten the three round tips (you get three flat and three round tips) so every time I tried to put in one of the round tips it would constantly fall out. The flat tips seem to stay rather well and I was able to make due.

I plan on purchasing a pricier tool for this in the near future because while this tool has an amazing price, my time and patience are worth far more than $6.18.

For the price and the amount of 5* reviews it has I won't be surprised if this item keeps on selling, but I warn you that you may get a defective tool like myself, or you may get lucky. Buying a tool for a bit more $ may prove to be a wise investment not only for your watch, but your patience.
77 comments| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2017
Great little tool for my watch kit. I like to work on watches when I'm not operating large dozers' and backhoes in the oil field. No need for my usual 20 pound sledge hammer to get the job done- This petite tool features several replacement attachments in case one is bent beyond repair as I ofter do to small tools. These seem well built and my surgeon like hands easily accomplish delicate tasks, which today included installing new sail cloth band and butterfly deployment clasp on the Bulova. Next up- sail cloth band on my Rolex.
review image
on March 6, 2017
Once I figured out how to remove my old watch band this tool was extremely helpful. Then again attaching the new band was made easy using this handy tool. It came with additional tips for different situations. The quality is excellent, much like dental tools and picks, well worth the money. Buying from Amazon has always been a pleasant experience. Dave, you make a great product.
on February 4, 2012
Armed with this simple tool and online video instructions (YouTube), changing a watch strap can be done in a matter of seconds. Never going to a jeweler again!
on February 11, 2017
I own a small watch collection. Like most people I change bands as they wear. This tool allows you to buy your band online, change it at home fast and easy. No driving to the store and hoping they have what you want. Buy this tool. Well worth it.
on March 11, 2017
I don't often change watch bands, but when I do, I go to my local jewelry store and wait and pay. With the GGI tool kit I can change the band quickly, fit and refit to fit me perfectly, and it's that simple. Not ver difficult.
on March 14, 2014
For the price I cannot complain and it has already payed for itself by not having to go to the watch repair shop just to replace a band or spring bar (pin). Easy to use and comes with a springbar storage bottle to hold the included tips and any extra springbars you may have.
on March 9, 2017
I purchased this to aid in rebuilding my watch. It is an excellent purchase, that I recommend for anyone. I have used it for not only my self. But also to fix several watches for my family. It has many uses, for replacing, fixing and adjusting wrist bands. An excellent little tool. I highly recommend it.
on January 4, 2016
It's not professional grade by far. It's a very cheap set make from very cheap metal. I would never buy one from them again. But you get what you pay for.