Spring Deals Automotive Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on August 23, 2015
I'm something of a watch hound, I'm up to about 13 Seiko's and now turning my desires towards Swiss and German-made watches. After buying this tool, using it for a short while and watching it repeatedly bend and scratch some of my cases, I can competently recommend, based on first-hand experience, that you dispel all thoughts about saving money on this cheaply made impostor.

Just "cry once" and pony-up to buy the standard by which all others are judged, BERGEON. If you're going to be changing bands/bracelets/straps on more than just a couple watches, get the right tool for the job and not this cheapo lobster claw. You and your watches will thank me in the long run.
on July 8, 2015
Great tool! Used it to swap out my Seiko strap for a new leather one. I was able to easily change them out in just a couple of minutes. Highly recommended if you plan on swapping straps often.
review image
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 23, 2014
Purchased one to replace the metal band on my Orient "Black Mako"

::Product Content::
It comes in a plastic casing as one would see it on Target/Wal-Mart. Instructions are on the back and the small pieces are contained in a small plastic container.

Come on people! It's $7.00 product! Don't expect German engineering on this ;)

It does what it says it does (and a little more*). It comes in two sizes so I would check your watch and match it with the size description in the product page. Just make sure you don't let the spring bar fly out when you remove them (I would say this is user error that product error).

*If you flip the bigger spring bar remover, it turns into a "Watch Link Remover!!!" Check the size before using it though (it seems to be a standard size as I successfully removed links for three watches).

*Caveat with using it as watch link remover is that you may need other tools to successfully remove the little pins in the links. I BRUTE-FORCED my way through the process, which I think is not the most ideal way to go about it (may scratch the watch if you slip).

It's cheap, functional, and does a little more than what it's intended to do if you feel adventurous!

Seriously though, buy a separate tool for link removal especially if you are working on some of more expensive watches!
on May 22, 2016
I never knew how much I needed a spring bar tool until I started wearing a Pebble, and wanting to swap out the strap fairly often. I know quick release bands are starting to become more prevalent but for those bands that don't use quick release or something like a NATO strap, it's really handy to have this tool around. Any spring bar tool will do, but I like this because of the many pieces you can swap out to adjust for whatever you're trying to do. I even use this tool for things that require precision like removing very small adhesive that is hard to maneuver with just your fingers (I know kind of random, but it's true and it worked).
on June 2, 2017
I used it on a watch that has spring pins that are hard to reach and the little points on the tip became distorted from trying to push the spring pin back. Some watch bands are difficult to change, and this one was that way. I think the little tips could be made out of harder steel so they could stand the force of prying on the pins better, but at this price it will still help me over time.
on May 10, 2013
I've never changed out watch bands myself; I've always taken them in to have it done for me. I've tried doing it myself several years ago with a different tool, but the only thing I managed to do was break that tool. I've been wearing a couple of watches that have disgustingly ugly bands on them, but didn't want to make another trip to the store just to have the bands switched out, so I decided to purchase this tool and give it another go. It was cheap enough that I wouldn't feel bad if I failed again, which I was sure I would do. The day I received this, I took it out of the package and tried it on my first watch. Without looking up any directions online or even be familiar with how to handle this tool, I guesstimated which end I'd use and how and was amazed at how easy it was to pop the spring bar from my watch. It took me less than three seconds to get it out on my first try. Putting the new band in took a few seconds longer, but the whole process only lasted me two minutes, tops. And again, I've never done this before, so I was very amazed at how easy the whole process actually was. I really wished I would've bought this years ago; I could've saved a lot of money and time just doing this at home instead of taking my watches to a store. I'm not sure how sturdy the tips are, but they include extra tips in case you break them. They seemed to work just fine for me, both the large and small. This is hands-down a must-have purchase for anyone who owns a watch and wants to change bands. It's very simple to figure out and use and will easily become a money and time saver for anyone looking to do their own watch band switching.
on September 19, 2015
As others have noted, the quality of this tool reflects it's low price. The threads on the tip retaining rings were rough. The quality of the machining on the small tips is not precise. I used a fine file to remove a burr on the small tip.

On the other hand, it's a simple tool that does the job well. After so many years of frustration using a very small screwdriver to remove and replace spring bars, it was a real pleasure to use a tool made for the purpose and see how easy it can be. There is much less risk of scratching the watch or poking fingers with this tool as compared to using knife blades and teeny screwdrivers. You'll still need to be careful using and storing this tool as the small tip is really small and very sharp.

There are just two tip types. The four spare tips are duplicates of the two tips that come installed in the tool.

The small tip is used to remove the spring bar by pushing down a ridge on the spring bar. The need for the slight angle on the tip becomes apparent as you use it. The larger flat tip is also used to push down a ridge on the spring bar, but is more suited to installing the bar to get the pin under the lug for you to snap into position.

I'm happy to have this tool in my collection.
on April 10, 2017
Love, love this nice quality tool. Fast shipping too. Thanks. Never again will I have to slink into a jewelry store and ask the jeweler to replace my watch band. Since I usually buy them from a non-local jeweler because my town doesn't know what a high grade watch band looks like and wouldn't have a 13mm let alone a long band if their life depended on it. I feel bad about asking because they don't charge for it. So now I'm freeee.
on February 24, 2014
I decided I was going to do it right when I ordered a band for my watch, so I bought this, and it made the process so easy.

I had to do some manipulation of my new band to get it to fit on the watch because the band needed to be trimmed to fit my watch properly. So I ended up installing and removing the old band and new band several times, and expended less effort than I have typically used in the past to do a simple one time replacement. The grooved angled flat tip works wonderfully to compress the spring bar during removal and placement.

I actually bought some additional spring bars because I have always ruined at least a couple when I attempt a band switch, since I am a clutz. However, I didn't have any issues this time. In fact, the band I bought was missing the spring bars, so I am still using those that came in the watch initially.

I have no idea what the smaller tip is for, maybe if I had figured that out, it would have been even easier, though I can't imagine how.

It would have been nice to have some instructions, but the process should be relatively intuiitive for anyone who has ever replaced a band before. If you never have, one tip is to help is that the spring bar has a lip on it, ans you engage that lip in the groove to either remove or install the spring bar.
on March 6, 2014
I didn't think I would appreciate this tool as much as I do. I had my doubts because of the low price. But it turned out to be pretty good at what it is meant for.

I just recently started getting into switching out my watch bands to update their looks and have been using make-shift tools such as tiny flat head screw drivers and push pins to remove my watch bands, but it has been some what frustrating. I finally gave in and invested in the right tool.

The tool is pretty nicely weighted steel. The tips are screw down fasteners that hold the inserts in place. It does come with extra in case you damage or lose them. The metal of the prying type tool is very soft, it would bend easily with force. The forked pin type tool is pretty sturdy though. The other end of the forked pin tool is a plain 1mm pin head, good for pushing spring pins through. The great part about having the extra is that you can replace the pry type tool with another plain pin in case you need that instead.

Overall, the product delivers. The only downside I can see is that the fastening method is a little weak. But it should suffice with regular use as long as you try your best to tighten it. It also rolls very easily. Ive had to quickly save it from rolling off the side of my work table a few times.