Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 23, 2015
I'm something of a watch hound, I'm up to about 13 Seiko's and now turning my desires towards Swiss and German-made watches. After buying this tool, using it for a short while and watching it repeatedly bend and scratch some of my cases, I can competently recommend, based on first-hand experience, that you dispel all thoughts about saving money on this cheaply made impostor.

Just "cry once" and pony-up to buy the standard by which all others are judged, BERGEON. If you're going to be changing bands/bracelets/straps on more than just a couple watches, get the right tool for the job and not this cheapo lobster claw. You and your watches will thank me in the long run.
on March 6, 2014
I didn't think I would appreciate this tool as much as I do. I had my doubts because of the low price. But it turned out to be pretty good at what it is meant for.

I just recently started getting into switching out my watch bands to update their looks and have been using make-shift tools such as tiny flat head screw drivers and push pins to remove my watch bands, but it has been some what frustrating. I finally gave in and invested in the right tool.

The tool is pretty nicely weighted steel. The tips are screw down fasteners that hold the inserts in place. It does come with extra in case you damage or lose them. The metal of the prying type tool is very soft, it would bend easily with force. The forked pin type tool is pretty sturdy though. The other end of the forked pin tool is a plain 1mm pin head, good for pushing spring pins through. The great part about having the extra is that you can replace the pry type tool with another plain pin in case you need that instead.

Overall, the product delivers. The only downside I can see is that the fastening method is a little weak. But it should suffice with regular use as long as you try your best to tighten it. It also rolls very easily. Ive had to quickly save it from rolling off the side of my work table a few times.
on April 30, 2017
I got this kit to help me change out straps on a Seiko 6309 "Turtle" watch. I bought it new in 1985 and it has been sitting in a drawer for many years. With the reissue of a new version of the Turtle watch by Seiko, I thought I would start wearing mine again. It is still in great shape, it just needed a new strap. I have used small pocketknife blades in the past to change straps out. However, that I snot always easy, especially with the 22mm strap on the Seiko 6309. This tool, with the right tip, makes quick work of changing the strap. It takes almost no time to remove/replace the spring bar. I am glad I spent the money on this kit. It definitely makes changing straps/springbars very easy! I recommend this to anyone who does not have one in your toolbox.
on September 10, 2015
The other comments are accurate in that this is a cheaply made tool, however it does do what it advertises in that I was able to remove the pins holding the original watch band and use it to (eventually) attach the new watch band to my LG G Watch R. The reason it is 3 stars and not 4 (or higher) is that the metal on the "needle" ends of this device are incredibly frail and snapped off from the pressure of trying to push out the pins holding the links on the new band. I think I was pressing as much as possible directly into the pin, but evidently I was just a tiny bit off center and the needle flew off.

I was able to complete the task using a thumbtack, which as one might guess is significantly sturdier.
on January 18, 2015
This is a very fine tool for replacing your watchband. It is sturdy, holds the tips securely and fits well in the hand. I only wish it had come with a bit more in the way of directions about how to use it, although it is not tough to learn. Basically, you remove the old band with the fine point and put on the new one with the broad point, in both cases working from the back of the watch (so as not to damage the front side, the part that shows, of the watch). You do need to dig a bit with the fine end into the leather of the old band in order to get the old spring clip out and released from the case. Similarly you need to put one end of the new band's clip into one side of the hole (on the watch that holds the clip) and then push down on the other end, compressing it and sliding the clip along the broad tip until it snaps into place. If you do that, it works great.
on September 24, 2013
Got tired of paying $8 or so whenever this needed doing, so I splurged and spent the big $6.95. I picked this particular tool because it seemed to represent best value among the others offered in Amazon. I am fully satisfied. The tool is a slender wand about 6" long with a flattened tip at each end. The tips are notched. One tip is bigger and the other smaller. By pressing the tip downb on the collar at the end of the watchband pin, you can depress the pin's spring. The pin can then be compressed or telescoped to be removed and replaced.

This process takes some fumbling, but once you get the hang of it, the task can be done quickly and easily, far better than using a knife tip, fingernail or other implement. It worked well for me and for $6.95, I was very pleased. Now, when I need to do this again, no more going to the jeweler, coming back later and then paying $8. The savings in time, labor cost and gas makes buying this simple tool a no-brainer.
on January 25, 2016
I used this tool to take the band off my watch so that I could replace the battery. It definitely would have been near impossible to remove the spring bars without this tool. Other reviewers have said that theirs broke so they couldn't use it. Although it worked just fine the one time I used it to remove my watch band, the item does seem a little cheap and I'm not sure how many times I could have used it before it will break. Hopefully not too many.
on July 22, 2014
Admittedly, I haven't used this tool yet. I bought it so I could change out the steel band that came on a watch I was buying, knowing I would install a Nato or a Zulu band instead. Guess what?...I really like the metal band that came with my Omega Speedmaster mechanical chronograph watch so no need to use the tool to remove the spring bars...at this point. I would imagine one day I will try removing the original band just so the watch will wear with a different look, installing one of several Nato/Zulu bands I have for it

I have looked at this tool though removing it from it's packaging and from what I can see, this tool is quite sturdy. I unscrewed one of the ends to see how easy or hard it would be to change the took ends and it's quite easy and feels well made, even though this is a $6 tool including shipping
on February 19, 2015
Not bad for $6. If you're like me and will only remove/install bands occasionally, this is a pretty good deal. The concerns about the shoddy quality are hedged with the additional inserts. A very big downside is that it took 3 or 4 weeks to arrive from China, but it was expected. I have 2 watches and the wife has one, so I expect to use this about once or twice a year. For most people, that will be the norm, and there's a far greater risk of losing it over time than it breaking after a handful of uses. If I did this fairly regularly, I would definitely get the German made Bergeon tool. But being honest about my infrequent use, I probably couldn't justify that. It does the job for me.
on September 19, 2015
As others have noted, the quality of this tool reflects it's low price. The threads on the tip retaining rings were rough. The quality of the machining on the small tips is not precise. I used a fine file to remove a burr on the small tip.

On the other hand, it's a simple tool that does the job well. After so many years of frustration using a very small screwdriver to remove and replace spring bars, it was a real pleasure to use a tool made for the purpose and see how easy it can be. There is much less risk of scratching the watch or poking fingers with this tool as compared to using knife blades and teeny screwdrivers. You'll still need to be careful using and storing this tool as the small tip is really small and very sharp.

There are just two tip types. The four spare tips are duplicates of the two tips that come installed in the tool.

The small tip is used to remove the spring bar by pushing down a ridge on the spring bar. The need for the slight angle on the tip becomes apparent as you use it. The larger flat tip is also used to push down a ridge on the spring bar, but is more suited to installing the bar to get the pin under the lug for you to snap into position.

I'm happy to have this tool in my collection.