Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on April 5, 2017
The spring pin that attaches the wristband to the watch face on my new watch popped out and though I found the little thing I wasn't able to put it back in and reattach the band. Since I live pretty far away from any watch repair locations and didn't want to spend too much money on such a simple procedure I decided to buy this tool. It was fairly inexpensive and arrived within the time expected. At first, I wasn't sure how to use it or if it would work any better than my fingers but once I got the hang of it, I was able to pop the pin back in very easily so it definitely served its purpose. The tool is very sturdy and has a nice grip. It comes with 4 replacement parts which can be screwed into either end though as a watch repair novice I honestly don't know why you would need them or if there's any difference between them. I plan to hold on to it in case of future watch emergencies.
on September 19, 2015
As others have noted, the quality of this tool reflects it's low price. The threads on the tip retaining rings were rough. The quality of the machining on the small tips is not precise. I used a fine file to remove a burr on the small tip.

On the other hand, it's a simple tool that does the job well. After so many years of frustration using a very small screwdriver to remove and replace spring bars, it was a real pleasure to use a tool made for the purpose and see how easy it can be. There is much less risk of scratching the watch or poking fingers with this tool as compared to using knife blades and teeny screwdrivers. You'll still need to be careful using and storing this tool as the small tip is really small and very sharp.

There are just two tip types. The four spare tips are duplicates of the two tips that come installed in the tool.

The small tip is used to remove the spring bar by pushing down a ridge on the spring bar. The need for the slight angle on the tip becomes apparent as you use it. The larger flat tip is also used to push down a ridge on the spring bar, but is more suited to installing the bar to get the pin under the lug for you to snap into position.

I'm happy to have this tool in my collection.
on February 13, 2014
I had to purchase this spring bar remover to remove links on my Casio G-Shock. At first, it was a little difficult to use just because of inexperience, but after a couple minutes, I easily got the hang of it.

Pros:
- Price
- Sturdiness: it's made of steel and seems very durable
- Able to accommodate multiple spring bar sizes due to the interchangeable tips included in the package

Cons:
- Aesthetics

The reason why I'm still giving this 5-stars is because for the price I paid, I don't really care what it looks like. As long as it does the job, which it did fantastically! I will be recommending this product to my friends with similar watch bands.
on November 6, 2015
I purchased this thing not knowing if I would ever use it before I died. Lol!!

Anyway, I recently bought a Timex for my kickaround everyday use type watch and didn't particularly care for the band on it. When this little band changer arrived I immediately tested it out on my new Timex to see just how easy it would be to switch bands out. Well guess what - after about 20min of trying to remove my new band and finally getting a handle of how to use this thing I managed to do enough damage to expedite me ordering a replacement band ASAP.

YES - The overall quality is decent enough and this product works well enough for occasional use. Also, I would add it's the quality of the tips that is not so good but they give you a few extra so not a major issue.

One more thing - I wouldn't be using words like "Professional" or "Precision" to describe this tool but it does perform better than cutting the band and popping the pins out with a knife like I did in the past.

Good Luck Folks.
on April 21, 2017
Excellent tool. I have relied, for years, on a small blade screwdriver to remove watch pins, and this tool just made the job so much easier and quicker. Great innovation. The addition of spare pins and v-head tool parts, with the plastic case for storage is a real plus.
on July 12, 2015
Spring Bar Tool Set arrived on time (Prime) and in excellent condition. I've never been known for my manual dexterity so accomplishing tasks that require a fine touch has always been a chore. I also have large wrists which have often required me to replace the band that comes with a new watch with a larger size. This being said, removing and replacing the watch band spring bars has been a pain. More often than not, I wound up taking the watch to a jeweler and paying the price to have the band replaced. This last time I required a band replacement I decided to see if there was a tool that could help me out. I found this tool set on Amazon and in a couple of days (Prime) I was in business. The Spring Bar Tool is well made and works great once you get the hang of it. The extra tips are a nice touch in case you get carried away and ruin one. Actually, the tips are pretty sturdy, so it's unlikely you will have to replace them with normal usage. Definitely a cheaper way way to go than visiting your local jeweler. Very pleased.
on April 1, 2017
Wish I could leave a review but I never could figure out how to use it. I did not see any instructions included in the box. Is there a video or something I could watch? The whole point of purchasing it was to avoid going to a jeweler yet I can't figure out how to do it?
on February 11, 2017
I own a small watch collection. Like most people I change bands as they wear. This tool allows you to buy your band online, change it at home fast and easy. No driving to the store and hoping they have what you want. Buy this tool. Well worth it.
on March 20, 2015
It's a $6 spring bar tool, so I really wasn't expecting too much.

Comes with three different round tips, and three different flat tips. Does not ship in a box. Mine arrived in a padded envelope, and the tool itself was contained within a plastic bag inside. The packaging was more than sufficient and the tool arrived in good shape.

It isn't the highest-quality tool. I've had a little trouble replacing the tips - the threading is a bit rough.

But it does work. It does exactly what I expect it to. The appropriately-sized tip goes on, I push it into the pin on my watch band, and the band comes off. You could probably accomplish the same thing with a bent paperclip of the right size, but this tool is more hand-friendly. The size, weight, and texture make it much easier to grip and manipulate.

If I were a professional jeweler I might be unhappy with the tool. Like I said - the threading is a bit rough and I had some trouble replacing the tips. But I'm not. I'm just a guy with a watch. And this tool does exactly the job I needed it to.
on July 7, 2016
When I bought a new band for my wrist watch I also bought this spring bar tool. Having changed out watch bands on many watches over the years I know it's kind of a pain to get the spring bars compressed enough to remove an old watch band and to install a new one. With this tool I easily and quickly removed the old band without scratching my watch. Because my new band came with a self mounted spring bar compressor levers I didn't need the new tool to install the new band.
The new spring bar tool came with three differently sized v-shaped "blades" to compress spring bars. It also comes with three double end bits. One end of each has a small cylindrical shaft to push in on (compress) pins of spring bars where the mounting holes go all the way through the case mounts. The opposite ends of these bits are very small v-shaped blades for compression of very small spring bars. The ends of the tool handle have threaded compression screws that when tightened hold the blades and bits in place. The screws came excessively tightened and required considerable effort and grip to loosen. The bits and blades fit into the tool handle very snugly requiring a small pliers to push them in and pull them out. One of the blades is actually too wide for the compression screw to fit over and required the blade to be narrowed with a file. With the use of a file and the use of a pliers the tool is very useful to remove and reinstall the spring bars for a change in watch bands. Undoubtedly by using the tool and changing out the blades and bits over time they will be easier to change out.