Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Show Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on January 18, 2016
I use them for cleaning guns and yes they break to easily. So I came up with this fix. I slide a length of heat sink that just fits over the stick part and it gives it just enough support to minimize the tendency to break easily. Try it.
review image
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I use these to clean my pistols and rifles. I like that I can reach into those hard to reach places to swab out gun powder residue. The sticks are stronger than the flexible plastic sticks on the regular Q-tip swabs. I like that they don't bend as easily and they let me scrub out those hard to reach places.

If you like to really clean your guns then this is a must have item. Very good for cleaning the bolt assembly and trigger area on my AR15. These shipped from Amazon and I got them in two days.

The strength of the stick and the length of the swap is what makes these useful for these specialty tasks.

I like the strength of the wooden swab stick and the ability to reach into the nooks and crannies of the items I am trying to clean.

There are some tight places I needed to reach and I found that rolling the q-tip end with my fingers helped to let it fit into those tight areas to clean.
on May 15, 2017
I am a recent gun owner. They were purchased for home and personal protection. Because of this, they sit around unused most of the time. Again, being a newbie, I was not aware that they still need to be cleaned and oiled. These were the perfect size to clean the barrels and it made the job go that much faster. The package should last me a long time.
on August 25, 2017
I use these swabs for cleaning firearms. They get into most of the small crevices and clean those hard to get areas on a gun. They are usually cheaper on Amazon than at my local stores so I buy in bulk. I go through a lot of these especially when taking multiple guns to the range. This is an essential that no gun owner/shooter should be without.
on May 31, 2014
I purchased my 100 pack from Asiana Enterprises, different vendors could have different products, so may not apply to all. The wooden part snaps on the lightest of bending force. The wood stem might be effect if you are sliding in and out in the long direction, but I have been using mine to clean crevices while detailing my cars, and they have been completely ineffective. Not even breaking them short to get a bit of strength out of that, they just break again closer to the tip. Pretty much a wasted purchase. Shipped from China, too, took forever.
on May 1, 2017
Using these to clean the chamber residue from my AR-15, and the wood sticks consistently break with little pressure. I wish that the sticks were a little more durable.
on February 9, 2014
These are great for the cleaning purposes we use them for. The are pretty durable and get to the places that the normal q-tips just can't reach. I had actually forgot I ordered these and got an envelope in the mail that was from Japan and had stamps on it that indicated it had cleared customs. I had no idea what it was. Even held a flashlight up to the envelope trying to see if we could figure it out. Opened the top just a bit and saw the swab tips. OMG they actually came all the way from Japan with free shipping. That is the only reason it got 4 stars. This day and age a strange package comes to the house and it freaked us out. Totally did not expect it to come straight from Japan!!!!! So if you order this, I hope this gives you a heads up
on October 8, 2014
I was very disappointed with these. The price was low enough but the quality was also low. The cotton tips were very sparse, requiring you to use a lot of these to get the job done. Also, you had to be careful not to scratch the object you were cleaning as the tips were very hard. The 6 inch handles were exactly what I was looking for but the sparse cotton tips makes these less useful. I guess I will have to keep looking for a better produce. Recommend you pass on these.

Tom
on February 21, 2017
handles are really thin and break easily and cotton swab is small - I broke 4 sticks on my first usage and a cotton swab got stuck inside a part I was cleaning... find something better
on June 1, 2015
I'm not entirely sure scrubbing with cotten in tight, machined corners is a good idea. And the "Birch Wood" thing is for people who are really too perfectionistic, really. I must have bought these when I was in some kind of haze, but, hey! You can always use Q-tips, no matter what they call them. But honestly? Too pricey even at Amazon rock-bottom prices for Q-tips. (I just know some scientific genius is going to take me to task for these comments, telling me the cosmic potential for Birchwood. ICCL.)