|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||20 x 1.6 x 0.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||TL10|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
SE TL10 10-Piece Test Lead Set with Alligator Clips
|You Save:||$4.00 (40%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5 Pairs of color-coded test leads: green, yellow, red, white, black
- 19.5” Copper wire with 22-gauge heavy insulation
- 1.5” Alligator clips at both ends of each test lead
- Vinyl-covered alligator clips with strong spring
- Crimped clips clamp securely to ensure good conduction
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
SE is proud to present this quality 10-Piece Test Lead Set with Alligator Clips—a smart choice for electronic/circuit, automotive, and battery-powered projects.
Features of this set include:
1) Test leads in the following colors:
- Black (x2)
- White (x2)
- Green (x2)
- Yellow (x2)
- Red (x2)
2) Copper wire
- Length: 19-½”
- Heavy insulation for protection against shorting & shock
3) Alligator clips
- Positioned at both ends of each testing lead
- Length: 1-½”
- Strong spring
- Crimped jaws for a securely clamped conduction
Avoid getting counterfeit items. Genuine SE products come with our SE logo on the packaging.
SE products are quality items for extremely reasonable prices. SE is committed to providing the customer with the best source for value possible on the market. You will enjoy the quality, durability and usefulness this 10-Piece Test Lead Set with Alligator Clips has to offer.
SE is a registered trademark protected by US Trademark Law.
Top Customer Reviews
The worst problem with these leads is the slippery boot on the clips, which make it difficult to attach them to anything because the clips turn and move inside the boot as pressure is applied. I decided to rework the leads as follows:
1. Un-crimp the leads and solder to the clip then re-crimp over the insulation.
2. Add shrink fit tubing over the soldered area to extend about 1/4" beyond the boot.
3. Shorten the large end of the boot about 3/8" so that about 1/4" of the tip of the clip is always exposed.
4. Superglue the rear of the clip where the crimp is and slide the boot over the glue.
After the glue dries, the boot is held from shifting and the leads are much easier to use... takes about 5 minutes per end to rework them. Pix shows reworked cables on the right.
The actual wire looks pretty well insulated but of a thin gauge, so if you're planning on passing much amperage through these jobs keep a fire extinguisher handy. Go ahead and laugh but I have accidentally cooked a few jumpers like this over the years.
The wires are just crimped on so the connection will probably fail at some point, but I have always treated these as a sort of kit where you will end up doing some soldering when they start to go bad. I haven't seen a set that was factory soldered in many years, and I looked at tons of these on Amazon trying to find a set that wasn't just crimped to no avail. But if you need these you probably have soldering skills anyway, so just fix 'em if you need to and call it a day.
So for 6 bucks shipped to my door, I'm happy with the purchase.
Two drops of solder per lead would have added considerably to the longevity of these things.
The vinyl protective sleeves around the clips are so slick it's almost impossible to get a grip on them without the alligator clip slipping and turning inside the slippery sleeve so you can't squeeze it open. I wound up cutting them off and discarding the plastic sleeves and just using the bare leads
These are no bargain. Junk.
If you gently tug on the wires, you'll see that on many, they easily detach from the alligator clips.
If you are going to use these on a bench (for example with a breadboard) and always handle them carefully then they will be acceptable. For more real life use where they might experience rough handling I wouldn't recommend them. (FYI I ordered from Amazon)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
they work, not cheaply made .. would buy again