Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

• Customer Reviews

Poor construction! The SE JT6305A Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins may be cheap, but it is also very cheaply made. The only reason why I didn't give it one star is the fact that it saved me the trip to the jewelry store to have my new watch band adjusted. At first, it left me puzzled... Why would it include 5 pins? I learned soon enough, the pins are made out of cheap, pliable metal and bend easily. I ended up wasting all five trying to remove three links from my watch band. The pins were also slightly wider than the band openings that hold the links together and I had hard time driving them into the openings. The watch link remover itself is made out of cheap plastic and is very flimsy. It fell apart a few times while I was trying to remove the links (see the picture attached to the review). I'm not sure if there's a good alternative product to this one, but I would definitely stay away from SE JT6305A Watch Link Remover... with 5 Pins.
review image
on January 19, 2015
Great item for the price, and works as intended.

The one major downfall is that watches with wide bands MAY not fit within the area designated. I was just barely able to fit my watch band into the channel.
I am attaching a photo, the width of this space is just about 7/8" wide.
Buyers, be aware that if your watch band is wider than 7/8" wide, you will not be able to fit your band into the item for link removal.
review image
on December 20, 2009
To start, yes, this is cheap. If you are paying $3.50 to try to size your own watch instead of spending $10 at a local jeweler, chances are you are cheap too (as am I :).

The question isn't is it cheap...the question is, does it do the job you want it to. The short answer is yes. It worked extremely well for me. Does the pin remover wiggle? Yes. Just take a minute and line it up. Also, make sure you are pushing the pins straight through and not at an angle (basic physics here...duh, right?). I didn't even break any of the pins (something I have heard some people complain about)...I think this is less likely if you do a good job of lining the pin pusher up with the pins.

One of the reviews mentioned that it was hard to see the alignment of the watch pins and the pin pusher. While this is true, I don't understand how this is a strike against the product. Have you seen the size of the pins on your watch? If you think that somehow this is the fault of this product, I think your expectations may be a bit high. If you have trouble seeing small things, I would just suggest not doing the work yourself.

If you are at all mechanically inclined, you won't have a problem using this. Just make sure you use your patience too.

I would definitely purchase this again. Even if this fell apart tomorrow, it was still cheaper than going to a jeweler, and I really enjoyed doing the work myself.
11 comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 13, 2017
This worked all right the first time I used it. The pin was really stuck and I needed a pair of pliers and a lot of muscle to work it out. But you have to remove and replace several pins to shorten the bracelet on a watch.

The remover is shaped the right way, but the construction is so flimsy that it was broken by the time I got near the end, and for the last pin, I was not only using the device, but holding it together with my hands at the same time. By the time I got the last pin out, it was just a pile of little pieces.
I have an Invicta watch that I received and it was WAY too big when I got it. I didnt' want to take it down to my local store and have them charge me $15 to resize it so I ordered this tool and it worked perfectly.

I do have a complaint though...

The points you screw on to push the pin out, on mine they screwed on straight, but the dial you turned to push it into the hole on the link was NOT straight so as you spun it the point was spinning off center. It made lining up the hold with the point very difficult.

Once I got the point into the hole I had no issues at all, just took a little extra focus, but I saved money so It was not that big of a deal.

Do note, at least on the Invicta watch, on the back side of the links are arrows, it points in the direction the link pin pushes out, if you push the opposite direction of the arrows the pin will NOT come out and you'll probably break one of the tips on the pusher tool.

That being said, it does come with multiple tips which is a good thing. Another bad thing, no directions come with this tool. You need to find them online.

If you have a watch and need to resize it, this works, there are more expensive ones you can get but why would you?
on March 6, 2016
WORST PRODUCT EVER. This is a waste of money. My wife had surprised me with a watch and I was really excited to try it on, so I ordered this with same-day delivery.

I wish I could give this product zero stars, it's a waste of money and going back to Amazon right away. I feel horrible that I'll have to drive 1 mile to the UPS drop box to even return this POS. Here is what is wrong with it

The build quality is horrible. 0 stars. To say that the quality is bad is an understatement. The damn this is so horrible that it left blue stains on my fingers! Half the pins that were shipped with it were already bent and the plunger was so wobbly it felt like I was holding a fishing rod!
It does not function as intended. 0 Stars. As I said, the thing it wobbly as hell, I spent 5 minutes trying to align it with my straps pins and even then the pin broke at the slightest pressure. I feel that this would crumble if I sneezed towards its general direction.

Again, DO NOT PURCHASE this item.
on June 16, 2017
Cheaply made and cheaply priced. If you kinda understand what you are doing it gets the job done. A good choice if you only buy a new watch every couple of years. Just make sure the pin pusher is aligned straight in before you start pushing. I was able to push out 8 or 9 pins on my wife's watches without breaking a pin. Just take it slow. I used a pocketknife blade under the band to raise it up to vertical center of the pusher pin.
on February 6, 2014
Like most men, I like to think of myself as pretty, as someone who is made to look even more spectacular by the jewelry and accessories that I wear. All right, not really, but I do wear several manly bracelets and watches.

The problem comes in with the fact that I've been losing a lot of weight lately. Which means my forearms and wrists are getting smaller, so my bracelets and watches are starting to flop around on my wrists like a pit bull's dog collar being used on a chihuahua. It just didn't work. Since I didn't want to waste money or time taking them all to the jewelry store, I decided to head to Amazon and see what I could find.

Which turned out to be this. It looks straight-forward enough at first glance, but it did take several attempts before I could get it working just right. Once I figured out how to get the bracelet/watch band set just right on the base, it worked with a great deal of ease. Using my manly man hands, I was able to fix the sizing on three bracelets and two watch bands.

This was a great purchase. I've got it set aside so I don't lose it because I plan to keep losing weight and will want to make sure my accessories are still accentuating my good side, not flopping like a wounded fish.
on July 25, 2012
I ordered this tool because of the prior reviews and the economical price. I did not know what to expect from the tool since I have never purchased a tool like it before. I purchased two Citizen watches and I needed to adjust their bands because the bands were to large for my wrist. I figured if it does not work, I'll just take the watches to a jeweler and eat the cost. But having never adjusted a watch band ever, I was surprised at how easy and simple it was. I was able to adjust the bands in less than 10 minutes for the first watch. Once I figured out what I needed to do with the first watch, the second watch took less than two minutes. The trick to a successful adjustment, I feel, is taking your time and gently use the tool. If you encounter to much resistance pushing out the pin, it is more than likely the pin-bit isn't properly aligned with the pin hole or the watch band isn't aligned well on the device. Make sure were the pin exits from the opposite side of the band is aligned with the grove on the other side. Once you have a good alignment, the pin-bit is able to remove the pins that bind the band segments quickly and with no force. I was able to gently remove them and quickly.

The tool is made of cheap plastic, but unless one plans to adjust many watches, its sufficient to get the pins out without much fuss. I gave it five stars because of how economical it was. I'll probably won't have any more use for it unless I decided not to keep a watch, but its not likely.
on December 28, 2017
First pin broke on the first push. Second and third broke along the line.
The handle literally broke in-two on the last link I needed removed. The actual tool inside the handle is actually fine.
You're better off breaking it open as soon as you get it and just using the tool and not the plastic s***.
2 stars because the tool works fine in conjunction with slight taps from a mallet or hammer.