Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: 5 Pins|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,899 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,011 reviews
on December 20, 2009
To start, yes, this is cheap. If you are paying $3.50 to try to size your own watch instead of spending $10 at a local jeweler, chances are you are cheap too (as am I :).

The question isn't is it cheap...the question is, does it do the job you want it to. The short answer is yes. It worked extremely well for me. Does the pin remover wiggle? Yes. Just take a minute and line it up. Also, make sure you are pushing the pins straight through and not at an angle (basic physics here...duh, right?). I didn't even break any of the pins (something I have heard some people complain about)...I think this is less likely if you do a good job of lining the pin pusher up with the pins.

One of the reviews mentioned that it was hard to see the alignment of the watch pins and the pin pusher. While this is true, I don't understand how this is a strike against the product. Have you seen the size of the pins on your watch? If you think that somehow this is the fault of this product, I think your expectations may be a bit high. If you have trouble seeing small things, I would just suggest not doing the work yourself.

If you are at all mechanically inclined, you won't have a problem using this. Just make sure you use your patience too.

I would definitely purchase this again. Even if this fell apart tomorrow, it was still cheaper than going to a jeweler, and I really enjoyed doing the work myself.
11 comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2015
Great item for the price, and works as intended.

The one major downfall is that watches with wide bands MAY not fit within the area designated. I was just barely able to fit my watch band into the channel.
I am attaching a photo, the width of this space is just about 7/8" wide.
Buyers, be aware that if your watch band is wider than 7/8" wide, you will not be able to fit your band into the item for link removal.
review image
VINE VOICEon November 8, 2016
Poor construction! The SE JT6305A Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins may be cheap, but it is also very cheaply made. The only reason why I didn't give it one star is the fact that it saved me the trip to the jewelry store to have my new watch band adjusted. At first, it left me puzzled... Why would it include 5 pins? I learned soon enough, the pins are made out of cheap, pliable metal and bend easily. I ended up wasting all five trying to remove three links from my watch band. The pins were also slightly wider than the band openings that hold the links together and I had hard time driving them into the openings. The watch link remover itself is made out of cheap plastic and is very flimsy. It fell apart a few times while I was trying to remove the links (see the picture attached to the review). I'm not sure if there's a good alternative product to this one, but I would definitely stay away from SE JT6305A Watch Link Remover... with 5 Pins.
review image
on May 15, 2009
Just used this to resize two watch bands and it worked great, took about 3-5 minutes each. Granted, you have to be technical minded, pay attention to the direction of the arrows on your watch band to know which way to push the pin through and line up the pin tap with the hole on the band link. If eyesight is an issue, a steady hand is not available or finesse is not your thing, I'd recommend taking your watch to a jeweler to avoid frustration.
on November 25, 2015
The design of this product "should" allow you to successfully remove links from metal watch bands. However, I cannot recommend it for a several reasons. To begin with, the product is blue as you can see from its picture on the website. However, your fingers will also become quite blue as you attempt to use it. Whatever dye the manufacturer applied to make the blue coloring comes off quite readily on your hands. Secondly, there are no instructions whatsoever as to how to use the product. Looking at it you'd get the impression that all you have to do is align the pins in the watchband with the puncher at the end of the screw type of handle and then turn the handle clockwise to push the pins out. But, this can get you into trouble if you don't push the pins from the correct side of the band. I ultimately had to go online and Google "Directions for removing links from metal watch bands" to learn the true way to use this product. This produced several "U-Tube" websites that led insight into the process. Turns out that, unbeknown to me, there are arrows on the inside of the watch band and that you are supposed to push the pins in the direction of the arrows. Finally, the product I was sent had a slight crack along the underside that became more and more pronounced as I used it. Bottom line is, the product will work if you know how to use it and it isn't defective as mine was, but it seems as though there might be a better device available than this one.
on March 13, 2017
This worked all right the first time I used it. The pin was really stuck and I needed a pair of pliers and a lot of muscle to work it out. But you have to remove and replace several pins to shorten the bracelet on a watch.

The remover is shaped the right way, but the construction is so flimsy that it was broken by the time I got near the end, and for the last pin, I was not only using the device, but holding it together with my hands at the same time. By the time I got the last pin out, it was just a pile of little pieces.
on December 26, 2012
OK ... this item cost me $2.88 with free shipping. Does it work? YES! Is it well made? Well ... it was shipped from China ...
This item is made of plastic, and it will work, BUT .. do not buy this if you are going to use it a lot. I needed something quickly while I was visiting relatives for the holidays. I received a watch as a gift and figured, for this low price, I would order it and shorten the band before we left for home in January. I did NOT know it was coming from China. However, it did arrive quickly and it did work, but I can say that the plastic is cheap and the assortment of pins are NOT high quality metal. I gave it 4 stars because it did work and for under three dollars it was definitely worth it. I got what I paid for and I am very satisfied with the purchase value.
on June 1, 2012
Wasn't sure so I ordered two different watch pin removal tools. This one stinks. One of the pictures makes you think it will push the pin out most of the way. I did read a review that said you need to pull the pin out and they are correct. The unit is hard to see were to start, but not that bad. They should have made the push longer and the unit a little bigger. It is usable, but you are better off getting the SE Watch Band Link Remover Set (5 Piece Set). Comes with a base, smaller hammer and nice long pins. Couple of light taps and most pins are out, no pulling required and it's easy to line up the pin as the band is on it's side. I'm going to return this one.
on January 19, 2012
I was a little hesitant to order this after reading some of the reviews, but I figured it was worth a shot for $3.25 instead of paying $40 to have 7 links removed from a $30 Timex watch.

The tool is small and cheaply made, but nothing broke while I was using it. I did have to put a piece of paper under the watch because it was a small women's watch and too short for the tool, but once I did that, everything lined up perfectly and I was able to remove the seven links and put the watch back together quickly and easily.

The pin remover was smooth, didn't break, and I received five extras.
on March 9, 2017
Great concept but construction is poor; used tool once and the tip bent and is now broken off;
it was very loose inside the chamber and was hard to line up with the link pin; the price was
low so will not return it but will not re-purchase this item again.