Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

SEAsoned: A Chef's Journey with Her Captain
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 2, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was light - but I couldn't put it down. As well you get fabulous recipes.
on April 27, 2015
good book
on July 13, 2014
Ahhh! The life of luxury aboard a super-cool yacht with everything you desire at your beck and call. That is unless you’re one of the weary crew who stays up every night making these demands come true!! Victoria Allman spins a tale of high-seas misadventure better than an old-time pirate in a port bar. I must admit, I couldn’t believe the gall of a few of her haughty customers when they made their ridiculous demands. I laughed out loud at her predicaments and my mouth watered at her recipes. The next time I think of how much fun I’d have traveling the world by sea I’ll reread her stories and laugh with her once more. I loved it! Thanks Victoria! I’m now in-search of Sea Fare!!!
on May 20, 2014
Brilliant writing, wonderful humor and amazing recipes! This book from start to finish will have you immersed in a fascinating life as a chef sailing the high seas all the while tantalizing our tastebuds along the way!
on April 3, 2014
The mix between on board problems, places, recipes, and mood are actually entertaining, and domreflect life on board and aon shore.
Good and fun to read.
on February 6, 2014
Well, I do one out of the two...I have worked on a mega yacht but I don't cook but that didn't stop be from having the laugh of my life! Victoria takes you on her journey with her husband (who just happens to be the Captain) step by step or rather roll by roll! It's not easy to explain what we do or how we do it but she does it with such visualization and humor...I was reading the book whilst getting a pedicure...in Hong Kong...pretty sure they thought I was some crazy Western lady because I would be quiet for a bit then chuckle then go into full-on deep, until your side hurts laughter. When my husband, a Yacht Captain as well, came to meet me, I couldn't wait to tell him the story of one of the deckhands after a big night out and the antics that ensued (you'll just have to read the book to find out the whole story)! But I just couldn't tell it like Victoria had written it! She truly has a gift with words. And then, to be able to have such incredible recipes filtered throughout this amazing tale is priceless. As a Chief Stewardess on yachts, I will say that the Chef's have the hardest jobs. Not only are you cooking 6-star service for 10-12 guests but you are also cooking for all the crew as well so for Chef Victoria to find time to create fabulous recipes, cook them and then write about them is beyond me! I can't read to more!
on August 16, 2013
I was thrilled to find this authors second book and I loved it as much as her first. I am waiting now for her next one!
on November 28, 2012
A little insight into the world of private yacht chef-ing & crew living. Good simple recipes for those who are novice cooks.
on September 5, 2012
Love this book Victoria, waiting for the next one. I have tried a couple of the recipes and they were very popular with the family. Everyone loved them and the things you have done in your life really makes me envious. Great reading and practical book as well. Make a great Christmas present.
Regards Judie Dujmovic
on July 30, 2012
I had the pleasure of meeting Victoria Allman at a writer's workshop. She's charming, gracious, unassuming, and of course, has a fascinating story! Since I'm a fellow writer with a passion for food and cooking, I was anxious to read her books. I began with SEAsoned.

I found this book to be a very fun escape. Several chapters in, I had left the realities of life (chores, household budgets, to-do lists), and found myself following Victoria, her husband and their crew through the waters of the Caribbean and on to Europe.

This book is very easy to read, and Victoria does a great job of painting a picture of life on a luxury yacht, from the perspective of the crew. She gives us a firsthand look at the challenges -- difficult guests, mechanical problems -- and the perks -- seeing the world! -- of life as a yacht crew member.

As a foodie, one of my favorite things about the book was traveling with Victoria through markets in the Caribbean, Italy, Cannes, Greece, and Spain, and baking coconut bread with Vivian in the Bahamas.

As a bonus for those of us who love to cook, Victoria includes more than 30 recipes, like Poached Eggs with Mango Salsa and Avocado, Warm Lobster Potato Salad, and Seared Shrimp with White Bean Puree and Proscuitto. I'm starting with Vivian's Coconut Bread.

An additional note: while I do most of my reading on my Kindle these days, I chose the print version of SEAsoned, and I'm glad I did. For starters, I loved glancing back at the yacht on the cover as I read, but since I plan to try out many of Victoria's recipes, I believe the print format will be more user-friendly than the smaller Kindle screen.