Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.95 shipping
Sentry FiproGuard Topical Flea and Tick for Dogs
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- DOG FLEA AND TICK CONTROL: SENTRY Fiproguard topical flea and tick prevention for dogs kills fleas, ticks and chewing lice for up to 30 days.
- VET QUALITY FORMULA: SENTRY Fiproguard is a vet-quality formula flea treatment that contains fipronil.
- SMALL DOGS: Flea and tick control for use on dogs and puppies over 8 weeks of age, weighing 5-22 pounds; can be used on breeding, pregnant, and lactating dogs.
- TICK PREVENTION: Fiproguard for dogs also kills brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks and deer ticks (which may transmit Lyme disease).
- INCLUDES: Six (6) 0.023 fl. oz. applicators, a six month supply of waterproof topical applications for dog flea and tick control. For best results, apply flea & tick treatment for dogs directly to dry skin on your dog's back-between the shoulder blades-on a monthly basis.
Customer ratings by feature
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
SENTRY Fiproguard Flea and Tick Topical for Dogs, 5-22 lbs, 6 count
SENTRY Fiproguard delivers protection against fleas, ticks and chewing lice. Fiproguard is an effective, affordable way to protect your dog from fleas, ticks and chewing lice for 30 days.
*GFK 2016 Vet Recommended Flea and Tick Products April 2016.
- Kills fleas, ticks and chewing lice for 30 days
- Contains fipronil, the #1 vet-recommended active ingredient*
- 6 application tubes
Before you Apply
Applying correctly starts with purchasing correctly. Before purchasing, weigh your dog. Don’t guess! It’s important to know the exact weight of your dog to ensure you purchase the correct product.
Also, be sure to buy the right product for the right species. Only choose cat products for cats and dog products for dogs. These products are different formulations based on the species and weight of your pet and should never be used interchangeably.
Don’t forget to consider your dog’s age. Only use SENTRY Fiproguard on dogs and puppies over 8 weeks of age.
Applying the Product
- Remove product tubes from the package.
- Separate one tube from the others.
- Hold the tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body.
- Use scissors to cut off the narrow end at the notches along the line.
- Invert tube over dog and use open end to part your dog’s hair.
- Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the dog’s skin from the back of the neck to a point midway between the neck and tail.
SENTRY(R) Fiproguard(R) for Dogs 6 Month Supply SENTRY Fiproguard is a topical flea and tick treatment that protects your pets from fleas, ticks, and chewing lice. SENTRY Fiproguard for dogs contains fipronil, the same active ingredient used in Frontline for dogs. FiproGuard once-a-month topical squeeze-on kills fleas, ticks, and chewing lice. It kills deer ticks that transmit Lyme disease as well as brown dog ticks, American dog ticks and lone star ticks. It also controls mites that may cause sarcoptic mange. One dose is fast-acting and long-lasting. Its sustained-release formula protects dogs for up to 30 days. Features: Easy to apply Once a month treatment provides premium protection against fleas, ticks, and chewing lice Kills deer ticks that transmit Lyme disease as well as brown dog ticks, American dog ticks and lone star ticks Controls mites that may cause sarcoptic mange Can be used on breeding, pregnant and lactating dogs Waterproof; won't wash off Use on dogs over 8 weeks of age Item Specifications: Size: Up to 22lbs 23-44lbs 45-88lbs 89-132lbs Ingredients: Fipronil 9.7 Inert Ingredients .90.3% diehtelyne glycol monoethyl ether
Product detailsSize:Up to 22-Pound | Style:6-Month
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 3.15 x 4.25 x 9.25 inches; 4.96 Ounces
- Item model number : 03439
- Department : Home
- Date First Available : March 1, 2011
- Manufacturer : Sergeants - Pet Specialty Division
- ASIN : B0050K6414
- Customer Reviews:
For dogs 5-22 pounds. See intruction panel for application
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
THIS PRODUCT KILLED MY DOG!! The vet said that since its liquid, it got into her blood stream quickly, causing the spinal meningitis, then everything from there traveled quickly to my dogs brain.
My dog had 0 chance once this was in her system. You can not reverse it going into their bloodstream. It's not a collar that you can just take off. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT AT ALL!
Just a tidbit -- I've seen this in numerous articles, but vacuuming is 80% of the solution, but you must empty the canister or toss the bag so they don't just hatch in there and re-infest your house.
I will say...the fleas come back with a vengeance if not reapplied at almost exactly a month but as long as you keep with the treatment, they do great! I'm about to purchase another 2 packs now!
I do realize, however, different dogs can react to different products and ingredients in varying ways, but for me and my dogs, thankfully, there were no issues.
Also, important to note, this product is to prevent flea infestation; NOT Treat flea infestation. Over the years, I have seen one or two dead ticks here and there on my dogs so I do know this medication works. I have never had an issue with fleas because they have always been on some form of preventive their whole lives.
This medication is used by administering once a month on the back of the dog's neck. It is important to do so to this area as it is an area the dog cannot reach and or/lick.
But I am not advocating for this brand one way or another. Just giving my own personal experience. If you are new to this or any product like this for your dog, I would recommend only using a few drops and not the whole amount for at least for 24 hours to test for any reaction for safety of your pet.