Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Xactika
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on June 17, 2002
This game is GREAT! It is a combination of skill, symbols, and FUN! Just when you think you have a winning hand, the fates can turn. The real challenge is deciding how valuable your cards actually are -- even a sure-thing can slip from your grasp if you don't play your cards right. The best part about Xactika is lots of your friends can play along with you (up to 10 people)!
on December 17, 2007
Fascinating and fun game. The dynamics and strategies change a lot based on the number of people playing (up to 8 players). Takes playing a time or two to get the feel of the game, but well worth the effort. Good instructions, and a set of "helper" cards included so players can keep track of the probabilities (though they don't call them that). My only complaint is that the cards are a heavy paste board that doesn't wear very well if you play a lot (and we have been). Highly recommended game for those who like Wist, Hearts and the like.
on May 3, 2003
This is a phenomenal card game. In a elegant, subtle way Xactika has give you more control of the hand you're dealt than has ever been possible in a bidding card game. One way to think about the cards is that each one has four suites on it, and you can play any one of them. The bidding card tells you the chances of other cards having the suit you chose, so you can decide whether playing it will win or lose the trick for you. You'll want this extra edge since you have to make your bid EXACTLY to get the points you bid. Take advantage of it - it's not what you're dealt, but how you play your cards that will decide who wins.
on August 31, 2009
I got this card game as a gift to my father because he thoroughly enjoys bidding card games such as Spades and Hearts. We all played it, and loved it (some more than others). While the game has an element of luck involved, there is a lot more strategy and thoughtfulness required. I am also a teacher, and have played the game with students at a middle school level and thought it was an excellent educational tool as well. I highly recommend this game!
on January 5, 2016
Simple enough for anyone to learn. Just complex enough for anyone to enjoy. I enjoy games like this where players' personalities can come through. For example if someone is conservative or aggressive in their bids, this will affect how the game plays.

Very fun!
on March 12, 2013
We bought this for my in-laws as a Christmas gift because the reviews seemed to say it was a good game. We have played it a few times thinking that maybe if we try again we'll enjoy it more. Did not enjoy. It wasn't worth it to try and return it, so we just kept it. IT sits in our cupboard. no recommended
on January 7, 2010
Fun game that takes some thought. Each card has multiple ways that it can be played (that is where the strategy comes in). The trick is to win as many hands as you bid, without winning too many--this is where changing suites on the cards comes into play. Great strategy game for adults--not good for young children.

Another nice thing is that many people can play.
on January 31, 2003
Amazon[.com] recommended this game for me, based on the fact that I love the game Set. Unfortunately Xactika bears a strong resemblance to "10 to 1," a game played with a normal deck of cards. If you already know how to play "10 to 1," Xactika may seem derivative. After trying Xactika once or twice, we threw it in the drawer and just played "10 to 1" instead.
on June 24, 2016
I came across this game developer as referenced through a Mensa resource and decided to try this particular card game for my family (we have three children, ages 10, 12, & 14). As stimulating and interesting as the game appears, my children all found it to be rather prosaic and became largely disinterested before we even reached the second hand. Ultimately, we have not yet made it all the way through an entire game and the outlook is not entirely promising. )-: Disappointing, truly, because I was looking forward to a fun family game night with Xactica. It is presented as a rather creative blend of Go Fish, Phase 10, Kuduuk, Spades, and other sundry card games using standard decks. I was confident it would be a slam dunk. Unfortunately for my family, the game seems to be lacking in significant challenge and entertainment value. )-:
on June 11, 2013
If you can find people who are willing to learn the strategy, this could be an interesting game, but I really don't see it catching on or holding most people's interest. The quality of the cards is also not very good; there are much better card games to buy.

See 1 answered question