Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

83%
17%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on December 20, 2012
I have practically devoured all of these books in this series and I cannot wait for the next one! I love how the characters all intertwine and compliment each other. This is a very well put together puzzle. The ominous and dark overtone really sucks you in and makes you feel as if you are really seeing everything through the character's eyes. Excellent writing and I look forward to her other books.

The only thing that is off about this book and really bothers me is that one of her previous novels, Deepest Darkest, features the exact same winged child except she is named Gloria. The prologue in Deepest Darkest is exactly the same, word for word aside from name changes, as the end of this book when Benjamin hits her with his truck. I have gone back and re-read both of these segments in their respective books and found that aside from the name changes and being in different books, it is EXACTLY the same. This baffles me to no end because Deepest Darkest has Ryan as a professor and living in the old Victorian house that sounds just like the house the mother and her 3 kids occupied in Shudderville. Gloria was held captive at an old farm and tortured in a basement by a friend of Ryan's wife but then kills her captor with a piece of glass in the barn when he is letting her fly around. Just like in Shudderville. I reread Deepest Darkest and discovered that she used other parts of the book in Shudderville 6 as well. I loved Deepest Darkest and the glimpse that I got into Gloria/Bella's trials and the storyline with Ryan and his family secrets but I am just very disappointed that they did not tie into Shudderville other than their name and location similarities. Granted this is her first novel, but I just don't understand why you would copy characters and an entire segment only to go in a different direction with it I suppose. I love both books but the OCD book lover in me is aggravated by this.
on December 7, 2012
This sixth book is just as fascinating and addictive as the rest of the Shudderville books. Written with wonderful description it has an atmosphere of complete sadness. There is horror at the treatment of other living things but it is dissipated by the stark cold, and gray air of despair that pervades the story. This book continues the story of a few characters introduced in the earlier books and provides an escape for a couple of them.Telling just what kind of escape would be a spoiler but I'm waiting for book seven now and I can't wait to find out how the series will end.
on December 31, 2012
UGH, she's such a tease. I'm going crazy waiting for S7. I thought I was bugging out, trying to find Shudderville 7 all over because at the end of 6 she mentions it. Now, I see from everyone's comments, it's not out yet. NOT FAIR. I'm literally fiending for 7. Where is it? More, please!!!!
on January 19, 2013
Fast and furious. The plot thickens as more characters come and go. I'm still trying to keep everyone straight so I can enjoy the climax that I am for sure is coming! Zabrisky certainly holds your interest as the story unfolds. On to Shudderville Seven.....I'm holding on!!!
on December 30, 2012
I jam right through these books. The author really needs to crank them out a lot faster so I can get to the next when I am done.
on November 29, 2012
I really do love this series. I have no idea where it's going, but I'm strapped in and along for the ride. Next, please.