Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SHUDDERVILLE TWO
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on June 8, 2012
What an awesome series that will totally send chills up your spine. I love supernatural horror! So of course this series caught my attention. I purchased the first book and had to have the second one to see what happened. Although this is a different story, I'm sure it's tied in with book 3. And now I have to have book three to see how book 1 and 2 are tied together. What a lovely mystery this is. Not to mention I got chills, goosebumps, and shivers! It made my hair stand on end as shivers shot down my spine.

Clay Purvis had an experience in his early life that "unleashed" the evil waiting in his soul. He can't stop killing and now he has found the perfect victims. If he kills a widow, (a pretty woman in her late thirties with bright blue eyes and long brown hair) her ten year old daughter, and fourteen year old son, then he will achieve his lucky number 13. It's almost too easy as he lures them in with his fake kindness, something he is all too good at. He holds up his guitar and tells people he loves to play and write songs and that he served in Vietnam. This is exactly what makes him such a great killer.

He moved to the boonies of Hope Hollow on the north side of town. It's nothing but dying family farms, woods, and fallow cornfields. He rents a room at 32 Welcome Street, in a Victorian home, where he plans on taking down 3 victims. But there's a supernatural force at work and the twists and turns will make you keep turning page after page, glued to your reader. Especially when Clay finds a shocking secret in the attic!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like something out of X Files!
An eerie tale spun with deceit, mystery, and a surprise ending that will leave you gasping! Filled with drama and suspenseful action, this novel will transport you to a mysterious place you won't believe exists. This is an awesome weekend read. I read most of it sitting at the pool while my hubby and kids played in the water all day long. 5 stars without a doubt! Now I have to patiently wait for book 3. I'll tell you one thing for sure; this supernatural mystery is at the top of my summer reading list.
on June 25, 2012
Mia Zabriskie's "Shudderville 2" is another great episode reminiscent of any episode seen on the Twilight Zone. In the beginning of the story we meet Clay Purvis, a serial killer that travels around the country looking for his next victim/s. He comes into the town of Hope Hollow in the hopes of getting to his lucky `13' in body count. Here he meets a widow named Delia Kincaid, her 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter. Ms. Kincaid has advertised a room for rent and when Clay checks the home out and finds that 3 people live here he thought he had gone to killer's heaven since he needs to kill 3 more to reach his lucky, magical number. Of course, this being a "Shudderville" story, he gets more than he could ever have thought possible.

Ms. Zabriskie has written another spine-tingling, chillingly, spooky book that will have you at the edge of your seat way past the point of when you have turned the last page. Not only will you re-read both "Shudderville" books many times but you will also anticipate the next book in the series. This is another 5-star book from a 5-star author.
on November 23, 2011
I loved this book. The descriptive powers of this author are awesome. I was captivated by lines such as, "little blue icicles leaking out of our eyes---our frozen self-pity?" and "her eyes were as flat as a lake and her hair the colour of ditch water".
Clay has an injured psyche, but as a reader you can't help feeling he must also be inherently evil and then again.... The story is told from his point of view and the author has created a very believable character. His every word of description about himself and the environments he frequents and arrives in is so true to life you can almost see him as he speaks.
It's impossible to say much about the plot without giving spoilers, because every single word counts in this excellent and clever story.
Highly recommended.
on November 18, 2012
I enjoyed the first Shudderville. I liked the second installment even better. The story is very suspenseful -- I'm usually good at predicting what's going to happen with a book but this one had me really surprised. It was an enjoyable read.
on February 23, 2013
If you've read Shudderville One, you have to read Shudderville Two just to see what happens next. The novel is a fast read without any real character development. It's just a rather shallow action packed story.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
I'll start by saying that while I liked the first book, this one is even better! If there was a way to give it another star, I would. It far surpasses the suspense of book 1 and reminded me very much of a Quentin Tarantino movie....which, coming from me is a compliment as I love his films.

Shudderville 2 takes us into the mind of Leonard Sipes, a killer with a dark past. Zabriskie does and excellent job of writing from a murderers point of view, so much so that I got chills reading some of Leonard's thoughts and memories. I literally got the creeps. But it was so intriguing that I couldn't put it down. It was sort of like driving pass a mass car crash. It's horrible to see, but you just can't look away.

The story follows Leonard as he decides to go in for last kill, a three-person family consisting of a widow and two children. Because of the symbolic nature of the number 13 in his life, he decides that this is how he will end his killing spree. He just can't resist the beauty of making it to 13. Little does he know, that the little boarding house he's staying in with the widow and her children, hold secrets that even deeper and darker than his. In this little boarding house, Lenoard Sipes has met his match and finds that maybe his number 13 goal will not come as easy as he thinks. This story offered thrills and chills, as well as a few laughs mixed in with moments of depth and insight into the mind of a killer's psyche. Definitely a great late night read and wonderful addition to the series.
on July 10, 2015
The Shudderville II was hard to put down once I started reading it. A suspenseful page turner with intriguing twist and turns. Each time you thing you have figured out what will happen, the plot goes in a totally mind blowing different direction. I can barely wait for the next book in the series.
on October 23, 2011
What a creepy, haunting, freak-out of a story. A killer -- roaming the country, infiltrating lives before the compulsion to kill overwhelms him again -- just picks the wrong damn family this time. The writing is tight, the characters are fascinating and I was genuinely surprised by a few of the turns this story took.

I recommend this as well as "Shudderville 1"... this is a very cool ebook series and for 99 cents a pop, sign me up.

5 stars +++
on January 13, 2012
This is a beautifully crafted psychological thriller that takes you on a journey through the mind of killer, who has some surprises awaiting him. Clay Purvis is an unusual but highly effective choice of protagonist, who takes up residence with a young widow and her family. As he struggles between flashbacks into his past and curiosity with his current situation, the reader becomes totally drawn into the story. I couldn't put this book down.
As with all works I've read by this author, the editing and formatting is perfect, the story riveting and it leaves you gasping for the next instalment.
on January 12, 2013
This was another short story in the Shudderville series. I must admit that the first book was much better than the second. It still kept my interest from beginning to end and I will continue to read the rest of the series.