- Save $25.00 on HydroActive Headphones for every 1 Underwater Audio iPod(s) you purchase offered by Underwater Audio. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 30% on 1 Swimbuds Flex Waterproof Headphones For every 1 Underwater Audio iPod you purchase offered by Underwater Audio. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save $20.00 on Swimbuds Sport Headphones for every 1 Underwater Audio iPod(s) you purchase offered by Underwater Audio. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save $25.00 on Black Swimbuds original waterproof headphones when you purchase 1 or more Underwater Audio iPod(s) offered by Underwater Audio. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save $25.00 on Swimbuds original waterproof headphones when you purchase 1 or more Underwater Audio iPod(s) offered by Underwater Audio. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 50% on AquaGuard Pre-Swim Hair Defense when you purchase 1 or more Waterproof iPod offered by Underwater Audio. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod Shuffle
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Underwater Audio iPods come with FREE black starter waterproof short-cord headphones. ***SPECIAL*** Save $20 and upgrade to #1 top rated Swimbuds SPORT waterproof headphones NOTE: MUST ADD BOTH ITEMS TO CART to activate offer.
- The HIGHEST rated and MOST reviews of any swimming iPod. You'll see low priced imitators (and their warranties) come and go, but our waterproof, corrosion-proof, and depth tested iPods pass the test of time. There are NO hidden care instructions to void the warranty. Please protect yourself against scams and imitations! Our 2 year warranty only protects genuine Underwater Audio iPods.
- Endorsed by Rebecca Soni, National Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist (2008, 2012). Includes FREE download of 30-minute audio swim workout by Rebecca Soni. Your order will also include FREE .5 oz FitGoo to help you get a safe, watertight fit for your waterproof earbuds, as well as FREE 1 oz AquaGuard Pre-Swim Hair Defense.
- Your Underwater Audio player starts life as a Genuine 2GB Apple iPod Shuffle; it is then waterproofed by Underwater Audio. It has 15 hrs of battery life, holds hundreds of songs, supports multiple playlists, and features the unique VoiceOver button. Mac and PC compatible.
- No limits on SPECIAL OFFERS AND PRODUCT PROMOTIONS. You can add one, two, three or more promotional items to your cart. You will see the stacked savings reflected in your shopping cart.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Swim with a Soundtrack
Everyone knows listening to your favorite tunes can pump you up during a workout, but if your workout involves water, you'll need something special to take your music into the pool. Meet the Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod Shuffle. This sleek, lightweight MP3 player includes all the features of a genuine Apple iPod Shuffle, with the addition of being completely waterproof!
- Mac and PC compatible - Easily sync to your iTunes library!
- Strong built-in clip conveniently attaches to your swim cap or goggles strap
- Compact size and shape for drag-free swimming
Our customers tell us again and again that the monotony of swim workouts is gone once you have a waterproof iPod from Underwater Audio. Upgrade your workout today with the waterproof iPod from Underwater Audio!
Everything you need to get your music in the water
The Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod Shuffle comes with:
- Waterproof iPod
- 3-inch charging/syncing cord
- Black starter waterproof short-cord headphones
- 0.5 oz FitGoo, Underwater Audio's own earbud fit sealant. A little dab of this all-natural and completely safe jelly around each earbud tip helps seal out water and secure your perfect fit.
- 1 oz travel-size AquaGuard Pre-Swim Hair Defense. Prevent dryness, brittleness, and discoloration by applying AquaGuard before your swim. AquaGuard keeps your hair shiny and strong!
- Download of a 30-minute audio swim workout by Olympic swimmer Rebecca Soni (see below)
Olympic swim training session from Rebecca Soni
Optimize your swim with a 30-minute workout by Olympic gold and silver medalist Rebecca Soni. These audio tracks cover alignment, efficiency, timing, and technique to help you reach your maximum speed while conserving energy.
- Intermediate skill level: Workout presumes some ability to swim using freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke
- Equipment needed: Goggles, Kickboard, & Pool Buoy.
Rebecca talks you through a thorough swim workout that progresses from a smooth warm-up (freestyle and backstroke) through a series of technical drills (kicks and pulls), ending with a series of increasingly intense intervals (breaststroke, backstroke, freestyle). Throughout the workout, she shares advice sure to hone your technique and improve your ability.
You can also mix Rebecca's excellent swimming tips throughout your playlist. Listen to your own music and improve your freestyle stroke, breaststroke, and backstroke at the same time!
Compare Waterproof Headphones
Starter headphones with the waterproof iPod by Underwater Audio. These basic waterproof headphones are an extra intended to get you in the water and swimming right away!
Swimbuds waterproof headphones make swimming with your waterproof iPod a breeze. With a short cord designed for flip turns, multiple sizes for a custom fit, and an extension for versatility, Swimbuds give you beautiful sound in and out of the water.
Swimbuds Sport waterproof headphones take your waterproof iPod to the next level. With improved sound, rugged design, and earbud choices to fit any ear, these top-of-the-line headphones are sure to keep up, wherever you and your iPod may go!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First of all, this is a standard 2 GB third-generation iPod shuffle which has been modified by Underwater Audio to be “waterproof”. It is truly waterproof, but the battery dies after a certain amount of time, and I don't know how much that has to do with the waterproofing or limits of the iPod Shuffle.
When working I would give this six stars if I could. It clips onto my swim goggles or snorkel goggles, weighs almost nothing, and produces very good quality loud music underwater for me. It’s super easy to operate just like an iPod shuffle. I’ve gotten very spoiled by using this while swimming. I use it at the local pool when I’m swimming laps for exercise, and I also use it in the ocean while snorkeling. There’s nothing more fun than snorkeling and looking at fish while listening to good tunes!
Even though it is technically rated to go to some depths, I’ve never taken it below 3 feet or so underneath the ocean surface as I am a snorkeler primarily. Given what you’ll read in the later part of this review I suspect it would die quickly if one tried to use it for scuba. But when I am scuba diving I don't want any distractions since they could be dangerous.
So when working it gets six stars!
Here’s the catch. I bought my first one in May 2012 for $160 combined with some nice underwater earbuds. By October 2013, roughly one year and four months later it was dead, it wouldn’t charge. I haven’t charged it very many times, typically charging it once every three or four weeks.
The company got a five-star for service at this point. Even though I think it may have been beyond the warranty time (they’ve changed the warranty from one to two years), they cheerfully replaced it for me.
Now fast-forward to October 2014. Once again my iPod shuffle has died. It still will seemingly take a charge, but it doesn’t hold the charge for more than a few minutes, and then is dead. Once again, I charge it infrequently.
So I am a little bit torn as I write this review. The company was great about replacing my first unit which died a little more than a year after I purchased it. Now the replacement unit has died roughly a year and 11 months later.
I’ve contacted them, and hopefully they can repair or replace my dead unit. It’s a bit of an expensive splurge if it only lasts a year and a half. It would be nice if there was some replacement program where the company offered a replacement for 50% off. The newer warrantee seems to be two years, so that is an improvement, but it’s likely that if you make it two years you won’t make it much further than that.
I think next time if I do get a new unit I would add a long extended warranty to it. If Square trade would cover it, then it might be worth purchasing an extended warranty. I would certainly be careful and use one of my credit cards that doubles the standard factory warranty. I don’t know if Square trade warranties would really cover such an item, and when I read their fine print I saw somewhere that batteries are only covered for one year, which would make such a warranty useless.
So in summary, the Underwater Audio waterproof iPod shuffle is a wonderful device when it works. I’ve had two so far, and they have averaged between a year and a half and almost 2 years of life time before they died. Again, if these cost the $40 or $50 that a regular iPod shuffle runs, I wouldn’t care, and I would just consider it a disposable item that I replace every few years. But my first one cost $160, and the current ones cost $125 for the iPod alone, and $175 with earbuds. (I recommend you purchase the iPod alone and buy separate earbuds. I've used the Pyle Marine Sport ones which are inexpensive and seem to work fine, as long as you use the right size earflange. ) They are less than $12Pyle PWPE10B Marine Sport Waterproof In-Ear Earbud Stereo Headphones for iPod/iPhone/MP3 Player (Black) on Amazon.
So when working I would give the Underwater Audio iPod shuffle five stars, and I would have given the company five stars as well after they replaced my first one. They seem very friendly on the phone so will see what happens with the second one that just died.
I set up a "swim" playlist on my iTunes desktop, synced the cute little iPod & went on my way with it. I've used it with my ski helmet for days spent downhill skiing and it's been in the pool for many workouts.
I didn't upgrade my earphones, so I have to mess with mine at times as my swim cap pulls up and moves them, but the sound is great and my workouts go by MUCH faster now. I have noticed that my swim pace changes depending on which song is playing, so I'll organize my playlist to have a warmup song, faster paced music, recovery, speed, recovery, speed, cool down, to help regulate my workout.
Just get it, you won't regret it! I would also recommend the Garmin Vivo (I prefer with HR, but either works) so that you don't have to count laps. Turn on the tunes, press start on your watch & swim, you'll adore having the set up!
None of the troubleshooting options I researched and was given by Underwater Audio worked. They have excellent customer service and I was thrilled they had a two-year warranty which I'd forgotten about.
I've never been able to get the tree tips to fit well, I've tried them all and they need adjusting throughout my swim. The comfort tips are not made for lap swimming.
I asked Underwater Audio to send me an earbud that I'd lost because it fit best. They sent me the wrong one but did it for free and again, have fine customer service.
I've tried using vaseline and wearing the iPod clipped to my goggles under my swim cap. Nothing works. The best result is music playing clearly for a short time, but I mostly get music in one ear which doesn't play clearly. It's still better than nothing, but if I would have known about the constant earbud adjustments, I'd look elsewhere for music at this price.
I stopped using any earbuds from this bundle after ten months of trying and have been swimming and doing water therapy with a pair of X-1 headphones from H20 Audio instead. They work better and are much more comfortable but don't keep water out for more than a few laps in both ears as well as being ridiculously long. But you don't have to change the tree tips which were hard to figure out without instruction.
I'll update this review when the replacement dies.