Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 138 reviews
on November 28, 2011
I bought this because I like gadgets and I like the original Simon game. There is some fascinating technology in this game that makes it fun for awhile, but the games are too easy. It is a pretty amazing thing that the 4 cubes can communicate.

The novelty wears off pretty fast though, because the games are not really challenging. There are no difficulty levels to choose from and the difficulty does not change as time goes on, during a game.

Another con is the fact that the game requires 8 AAA batteries. It comes with batteries, but if you end up playing the game a lot, you will be swapping batteries often.

In conclusion, this game is pretty fascinating at first, but loses appeal fast. A young kid may have a lot of fun with it, but older kids and adults will get bored, because it's generally too easy. Get a real Simon with adjustable difficulty levels and a faster pace as the game goes on. This game would be a good value at $10, but not $20.
on December 27, 2012
This was a Christmas gift for my 9 yr old, recommended by our developmental pedi for increasing memory/paying attention(he was a preemie and struggles with the typical preemie issues).

He loves it and once he figured it out, played for days. I saw the improvements almost immediately, he went from being able to remember the sequence with 3-4 lights to remembering it with 12-14 lights(far beyond my personal capability) in a matter of 2days.

This is a great tool for helping kids with attention issues while being a fun interactive toy!!(my son's issue is more of a need to slow down...he often will listen to the first "instruction" and then want to figure out the rest without waiting to hear the next steps-no ADD or ADHD, however we were told it is great for that as well.)
on May 30, 2017
FUN
on February 8, 2014
I bought one of these for my 8-year-old nephew for Christmas. He complained that evening that he couldn't make it work, so I set about to show him. After 30 minutes, I didn't get any farther than him. The instructions are simple, clear, and utterly fail to work. I'm a veteran programmer—it's not like Simon is over my head. It simply doesn't work. Based on other ratings, clearly this cannot be true for everybody, so I conclude that they have a certain failure rate, and I got caught by that.
on August 10, 2016
Our family lives this game
on December 4, 2013
This is the worst toy I have ever bought. The tiles did not work correctly and the object of the game is beyond me. Gave it to my granddaughter and we threw it out 2 days after Christmas last year. It was very pricey for what it was.
on January 10, 2012
I was so excited to order this game, having loved the original Simon as a child. I liked the idea of having a copycat game like the original plus 3 new games. Unfortunately, one key element was missing in this new game.....any type of challenge! Do you remember how the original Simon game would speed up as you progressed? This one just keeps the same slow pace....it's so frustrating! And the remaining 3 games are no challenge at all! Sorry to say that this game won't get much play time in our house.
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2012
We got the Scrabble Flash Cubes last Christmas, so i thought we;'d try this one this year. It's fun, a ,little confusing to figure out, but I find the kids seem to understand these games more quickly than I do. I can't speak to the toy's durability at this point, but our Scrabble Flash seem to have help up with a moderate amount of play for the last year. It's small and portable, and comes with a nice little storage box. I like to play it like I played my old Simon when I was about 12 in the 1980's! I think these games are great new quick turns on the old classics, and certainly help to get your brain going.
on February 18, 2014
I watched the person(s) that I bought this for, play the game, it looks fun and interesting. I love the original Simon, so this is just a move forward.
on July 17, 2016
Loads of fun for my 7 y/o, and myself. The various game play options are fun, even though they are all based on the same Simon principal. It's really neat how the cubes know where they are in relation to each other.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.