Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $21.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
Dec 12 - 15
Ships from: Snow Patch Sourcing, LLC Sold by: Snow Patch Sourcing, LLC
Save with Used - Like New
Friday, Dec 16
Ships from: Visual Fashions Sold by: Visual Fashions
Other Sellers on Amazon
SINGER | Start 1304 Sewing Machine with 6 Built-in Stitches, Free Arm Sewing Machine - Best Sewing Machine for Beginners
Enhance your purchase
|Product Dimensions||7"D x 13"W x 11.5"H|
|Item Weight||9.8 Pounds|
|Power Source||Treadle Powered|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Start 1304 sewing machine is basic, simple, and easy-to-use thanks to 57 Stitch Applications, all with pre-set stitch width and stitch length. Just select your stitch and start sewing
- SINGER Start 1304 Start Free Arm Model Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: This lightweight and portable machine weighs only 7 pounds, making it great for sewing in smaller spaces or taking to sewing class
- AUTOMATIC BOBBIN WINDING SEWING MACHINE: To wind a bobbin, simply follow the numbered diagram printed on top of the sewing machine. The bobbin will automatically stop turning when it's completely filled
- SINGER Start 1304 ACCESSORIES: Includes All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Darning Plate, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Spool Pin Felts, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Power Line Cord, Foot Control, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual. Amps: 0. 6
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- 110V Machine
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers also search
The SINGER Start 1304 sewing machine is a basic, simple, and easy-to-use mechanical sewing machine. It is a good choice for beginners thanks to 6 Built-in Stitches, all with pre-set stitch width and stitch length. Just select your stitch and start sewing. The SINGER Start 1304 Free Arm sewing machine comes with a limited 25 Year Warranty. This Free Arm sewing machine has a ton of other features like easy stitch selection, automatic bobbin winding system, free arm, built-in reverse, easy threading, adjustable tension settings, and extra-high presser foot lifter.
Weight: 11.5 pounds.
Dimensions: 13 x 7 x 11.5 inches.
Stitches: 5-millimeter stitch width, and 6 built-in stitches: straight, zigzag, satin, blind hem, scallop, and a 4-step buttonhole.
Speed: 350-400 stitches per minute.
Bobbin: Class 15
Warranty: 25 years limited.
Feet Type Included: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole
Foot Presser Foot System: Low bar
Color Family: White
Item Weight (lbs.): 11.5
Button Holes: 4-Step
Number of Built-In Stitches: 6
Number of Decorative Stitches: 1
Number of Styles: 6
Stitch Width Control: Fixed
From the manufacturer
Sewing Since 1851.
The spirit of practical design and creative innovation that characterized the company at its beginning continues today as we develop products for every level of sewing.
Sewing Made Easy.
Mechanical Sewing Machines: Simplicity At Its Finest.
hey have manual controls that stand the test of time. Popular stitches are built in to handle basic sewing, home projects, alterations and more.
SINGER’s Start 1234 sewing machine has 6 basic stitches from which to choose, selected by the simple turn of a dial. Because the stitch length and stitch width are preset, there's no guesswork, making this a great machine for a hobbyist or even a beginner. Choose a straight stitch for basic sewing, sew a simple applique with a zigzag stitch, fix a hem with the blind hem stitch, or sew a decorative scallop stitch to embellish almost anything. The Four-Step Buttonhole feature allows you to add buttonholes in four easy steps on things like pillows, children's clothing, fashions and more. Slide off the Removable Extension Table to expose the Free Arm for hemming trousers and sleeves or for sewing other small projects. This machine is lightweight and portable, making it easy to carry or store.
Beginner Sewing Tip #1: Find the Right Machine.
- 6 Stitches for Essentials
- 3 Presser Feet Included for Enhanced Capability
- Buttonholes as Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4
- Simple Stitch Selection
6 Stitches for Essentials
Essential stitches for key sewing techniques.
3 Presser Feet Included for Enhanced Capability
Expand your machine's capability for various techniques.
Buttonholes as Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4
Buttonholes are sewn in four easy steps, clearly displayed on the Stitch Selector Dial.
Easy Stitch Selection
With the easily accessible stitch dial you can change stitches in one easy step.
Full Metal Frame for Durability
The machine's interior frame is metal, providing long lasting durability.
Sew stitches in reverse, usually done to secure a seam at the beginning and end to prevent unraveling.
Quick and Easy Threading
Easy-to-follow threading guides.
Illuminate Your Sewing Space
Clear view of the sewing area while eliminating shadows.
What's in the box
Reviewed in the United States on January 8, 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By M. Kerr on January 8, 2020
Top reviews from other countries
I've sewn curtains, napkins, basic home sewing on it, now I'm going to sew clothes. So excited. Totally worth every penny.
Anyway, from a total neophytes point of view, I write this review.
The manual if well written and includes numerous diagrams. A couple of things weren't entirely clear to me vis a vis threading and installing a loaded bobbin. I went to YouTube and looked up a few basic lessons there which certainly clarified the upper threading process. This process would likely have gone faster and easier if there had been 1 or 2 small sample spools of thread included in the accessory box. Trying to visualize the process without actually doing it probably slowed my progress. It was too late to go to the store that night to purchase some thread.
The bobbin was a bit more of a challenge, at least for me. Initially I didn't have the thread properly inserted under the metal flap on the bobbin. In spite of that I managed to sew about a 1" repair in a pocket. I ran in to problems taking the item off the machine however. Since I didn't have the bobbin thread properly aligned it was catching on itself every other stich or so and was all but jammed with 7 or 8 threads coming up out of the needle plate when I had finished. I had to remove the needle plate to clear the mess (simple enough with the small "L" shaped screwdriver included).
Back to the videos and another couple of read throughs for that section of the manual and I had the problem solved. I had to loosen the bobbin tension screw about 1/16th of a turn which then allowed the thread to slip under the flap to the correct position. Once I had this operation mastered sewing was relatively easy, though keeping the seam straight is another matter which only practice will make perfect.
I practiced after that on a piece of paper (not having a lot of spare fabric pieces lying around to practice with. This was instructive since I could easily see the various stitch patterns that I tried, enabled me to practice the procedure for turning corners, reverse stitching at the start and finish to lock the seam etc.
Armed with this practice, I removed my first repair stitches, refolded the fabric and pinned one small section to keep it aligned. A minute later I was all done and this time quite pleased with my results. I went on to repair a rip in the lining of the pants and to zig-zag lock stitch the web belt to keep the plastic buckle from sliding under tension. One pair of pants down and about 5 more that need hemming, repair a hole in a jacket pocket and when I get really ambitious I will replace the broken zipper on my favorite pair of insulated coveralls.
This machine will have more than paid for itself by the time I do these projects. The satisfaction of being able to do these simple things myself is also well worth the investment.
Reviewed in Canada 🇨🇦 on August 5, 2018
Reviewed in Mexico 🇲🇽 on June 10, 2016