Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 136 reviews
on May 15, 2014
This machine seemed to have so much potential.

I've sewn projects for more than 20 years and have never met a grumpier / touchier machine.

Since receiving the machine on Christmas, I've sewn a shirt, a bag and started on a quilt (using the recommended needles and threads). Throughout each project the stitching was perpetually inconsistent and I had to work with the tension after each time the machine was turned ON. I've cleaned, dusted and oiled several times - even though I've only had the machine these past five months and only worked on three projects listed.

Its been professionally tuned TWICE and taken to a local sewing class for troubleshooting (at a local tech college - and with the manual). The professional said this machine was designed (mechanically) in a way that made "tying on the corners" impossible. I didn't wholly believe him because he also had product to sell. Well, after the tech college review, I've given up hope. Right now it is not catching on the bottom and changing the tension isn't helping (yes, I'm following the instructions in the manual).

Its too late to return - so I will keep working with it. But I'm incredibly disappointed. This was a lot of money for our family. I'm heartsick about the wasted money.
66 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on November 22, 2015
Love it! The automatic threader is great, and, although I haven't had a chance to test all the decorative stitches yet, it sews like a dream and quickly sewed 3 pillows for the living room on rather heavy fabric, and plan to make a matching valance. Large sewing area looks like it will be great for quilting. And, as an added bonus, it is so pretty to look at! Only complaint is the thin plastic cover, but plan to use that as a pattern to make a better protective cover.
7 people found this helpful
on March 25, 2014
This sewing machine is built very well, like a tank. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be but that makes me like it even more, I didn't realize how much easier it is to work on a large machine. I really would give the machine itself 5 stars because of the build and style, but I have to give it a 4 because the DVD was not helpful at all, it was not specific to the Singer One Plus or even the Singer One. The DVD was just about general sewing tips. A machine with this many features deserves it's own comprehensive DVD.
7 people found this helpful
on January 14, 2014
I've been using sewing machines for years, and it was time for a new one. All I wanted was a basic machine that had some extras. The Singer One Plus most certainly fulfills that need, and then some.

When I first pulled the machine out of the box, everyone was enthralled with its good looks. It is a sleek and unique design that sets it apart from the pack. The machine itself is solid. It feels great to sew on and it is very easy to figure out the controls. All of the nice little details are there, such as setting the needle up or down, setting the needle off-center to the right or left, a very wide sewing bed that makes it easy to rest fabric and more.

I have few quibbles with the Singer One Plus overall. The ones I do have are relatively minor. The motor does have a loud sonic noise, but it's not annoying. Just there. It is a little fussy to thread as it has to be just right or it's going to have issues. That'll go away as I get used to the machine.

Overall, it's a great machine that has a little more than the basics, and is a great value for the price.
on March 15, 2014
UPDATE: Only had the One Plus a couple of months. I still REALLY like it. I'm now in sewing class surrounded by Pfaff & Babylock machines. The Singer One Plus holds its own & has many of the same features as the big boys.

Of course, it only has 750 stitches per minute & it's not at all like those big sewing/embroidery/quilting machines. But I'm looking to make basic garments. It's stitching looks as pretty as the $$$$ machines. It has several options for button holes. Once I learned how to use the button hole foot, it worked like a charm.

While the Singer brand gets negative reviews on sewing websites & blogs, I haven't read anything knocking this machine - except an occasional poor review here. Maybe this is the start of a Singer come back.

A bit of advice for other newbies: invest in high quality thread!!! Makes a world of difference in stitch quality & consistency IMHO.

Enjoy your new machine!

**************************************************
I'm a true novice. I have an 8 yr old Janome sitting in my closet. Hated that machine - bobbin thread kept jamming.

Anyway, I needed a machine to work on costumes for school plays. I first purchased the Singer One. Boy, that was EASY. I agree with everyone that the INSTRUCTIONS for both machines really - no - REALLY - STINK! That being said, I figured out the One easy enough - although it took me some time to learn how to hold the thread in my hands so that it attached onto that little loop at the top of the needle.

Well, after only a couple of weeks of light use, the plastic lever on the needle threader just came off. It didn't break. It just would come off when I pressed it down or when sewing fast. Since I didn't want to use any glue on a computerized machine, I returned the One to Amazon.

I couldn't just do an exchange. I had to return & buy another machine. So I decided to "upgrade" to the ONE Plus since the One was so easy (after a short while.)

Just received the ONE Plus. Frankly, I'm a bit confused & overwhelmed. I'm looking everywhere online for tutorials & have found very little. The manual & CD really don't help. They give basic instructions on how to set up the machine.

Right now, after playing around with the new machine, I somehow got a sequence of stitches "programmed" & I can't undo the program. It's not explained in the materials provided.

For now, I think any "newbie" to the sewing world would be overjoyed with the ease & price of the ONE. It's really easy once you're on it a little while. The ONE Plus may also be a basic machine to experienced sewers. For me, it's a little daunting...

I'll update. Since the instructions just aren't at all clear to me, I give this machine a 4 star rating.
8 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2015
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!! I am in love with my sewing machine!! It is so amazing all the different features that are available on this sewing machine!! I have not tried all the different attachments yets, but I eventually will.. The major thing that I like about this sewing machine, is the extended work area. I like to make quilts with anywhere from 7" to 10" squares and the extra space is great when sewing long rows and columns of blocks together! I also like the free arm accessory storage tray that slides out from the side. I think this is nice than other machines where you have to detach the work area to get to the storage!!!
2 people found this helpful
on March 4, 2018
Good sewing machine, but when it messes up, I have no one to call for help. I had to just keep playing with it to adjust the tension..which I did and it is working fine. But might want to buy from a place that offers support.
on February 28, 2014
This machine has such a large work base. Love that it has storage compartment built in. The touch reverse button is wonderful and it is self threading. The light is much brighter than my old Singer machine. I'd recommend this machine to my friends and family.
on January 17, 2016
I absolutely love this machine! It starts and stops very smoothly, no jackrabbit starts. I simply love the automatic needle position feature. I haven't found one thing negative about the One Plus machine. I get lots of compliments on how pretty it is too.
One person found this helpful
on December 2, 2015
I haven't tried anything more than straight stitching yet but I like how sensitive it is to my touch. It is easily controlled. Don't know why the needle threader works only half the time but must have something to do with the tension of the thread. Bobbln winder is fast and easy.