Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $12.58 shipping
SINGER 2277 Tradition Sewing Machine with Automatic Needle Threader
- Automatic needle threader is the biggest timesaver
- Adjustable stitch length and width keeps seams strong and prevents bunching on any fabric type
- Fully automatic 1-step buttonhole provides professional results at the touch of a button
- 23 built-in stitches: 6 essential stitches, 7 stretch stitches, 9 decorative stitches, 1 buttonhole
- Heavy-duty metal frame for overall durability and skip-free sewing. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The SINGER 2277 Tradition features 23 built-in stitches including a fully automatic 1-step buttonhole. This lightweight, basic sewing machine boasts an automatic needle threader, adjustable presser foot pressure, adjustable tension, extra-high presser foot lifter for thicker fabrics and multiple layers and adjustable stitch length and zigzag width. This machine comes with an accessory assortment that includes 3 presser feet (All-Purpose, Buttonhole, Button Sewing) for all your basic sewing needs. Included Accessories: All-Purpose Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Thread Spool Cap, Darning Plate, L-Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush.
From the manufacturer
Just learning? Just perfect.
The SINGER 2277 Tradition Sewing Machine features 23 built-in stitches, including a fully automatic 1-step buttonhole. This lightweight, basic sewing machine boasts an automatic needle threader, adjustable presser foot pressure, adjustable tension, extra-high presser foot lifter for thicker fabrics and multiple layers and adjustable stitch length and zigzag width. This machine comes with an accessory assortment that includes 3 presser feet (All-Purpose, Buttonhole, Button Sewing) for all your basic sewing needs.
Features and Benefits
Automatic Needle Threader
Easily threads the needle without frustration or eye strain.
Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole
Create beautiful buttonholes in a simple 1-step process.
Adjustable Length and Width
Personalize stitch length and width with just a turn of a dial.
Arm with On-Board Storage
The free arm provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas. The on-board storage provides easy access to the included accessories.
Simple Stitch Selection
Simply choose the stitch that's right for your project.
23 Built-In Stitches
6 Essential Stitches, 11 Decorative Stitches, 5 Stretch Stitches, 1 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole—plenty of stitches for any project.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
The internal skeleton of the sewing machine. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect sewing and durability.
Darning Plate, Thread Spool Cap Holders, Screwdriver, All Purpose Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Zipper Foot, Edge/Quilting Guide, Bobbins (Class 15), Needles, Lint Brush/Seam Ripper, Power Cord/Foot Control, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual.
SINGER is Sewing Made Easy
Four Snap-On Presser Feet Included
All-Purpose Foot - for the majority of your sewing projects.
Buttonhole Foot - for adding buttonholes, slots for ribbon and more.
Button Sewing Foot - sewing on buttons is a breeze.
Zipper Foot - for adding zippers, piping, cording and more.
Answers At Your Fingertips!
Online Support available.
Social Media Support allows you to connect with other sewers for tips and tricks!
Singer Sewing Company offers a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Installing a Bobbin and Presser Feet Training.
More people own SINGER machines than all other brands combined!
Additional Features & Benefits
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Easy Stitch Selection
- Adjustable Stitch Length and Width.
- Automatic Tension
- 23 Built-In Stitches
- Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Automatic Reverse
- Twin Needle Capability
- Automatic Bobbin Winding
- Four-Segment Feed Dog System
- Multiple Needle Positions
- Portable and Cabinet Mountable.
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
|Number of Built-In Stitches||19||23|
|Buttonhole||Automatic 4-Step Buttonhole||Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
1. I chose this over the ones with lots of programing, because I didn't want something that was going to break in a year or two. I had read that the less expensive programable ones tend to break easily. I mainly wanted a programable for the button holes (see below).
2. I read the reviews on this one and some say that the bobbin was hard to wind. This is true only if you follow the directions in the book. I tried those directions and wasted 2 spools of thread- there is NO way it will work like that. I asked a friend for help and here is what you do to wind the bobbin correctly: DO NOT put the tread through the silver loop marked #1.INSTEAD- pull the thread directly from the spool and bring it over to the silver thing that it tells you to wrap it around, but wrap the opposite way from the picture- wrap it like a J, the pull it up and around over to the bobbin area. It sounds confusing, but its simple- just a simple figure 8 directly from spool to bobbin, but make sure you wrap from the bottom not the top like in the usless picture- and viola, perfect bobbins:)
3. Button holes were always a problem for me- but not any more!! There is a button hole foot with this that is super simple! You just make a dot on your fabric where the center of the top stitch will be and begin. The machine has a dial that lets it know you are sewing a button hole, you still have to turn the dial between steps, but you never have to turn the fabric around. (you will need to operate the pedal), but It starts by sewing the right side length, then you turn the dial and make the left to right stitches (I like to do those by turning the handle myself for 3 complete stitches), then you switch the dial again and it will automatically go in reverese to sew the other side, then finish by making the top left/right stiches and you are done. So simple, and I have made some horrible, horrible button holes in the past, but this is so easy I no longer dread button holes! It even has a foot to sew the button on!
4. The spool does not stick straight up like my old sewing machine - instead it is sort of recessed at the top of the machine- this is nice because I tend to take my machine to my friends house and once the spool holder on my old one broke while in the trunk (I fixed it with heavy tape)- this one will not break the way it is designed.
Finally- I would recommend this machine! It gets the job done, makes frustrating things easy and because it is mechanical I believe it will last another 15+ years:)
It did run into a problem with it getting jammed, not holding tension correctly, and then sometimes it pulled the top thread under in a loop for each stitch during sewing a seam. I finally took the bobbin out and after examining the bobbin holder area it noticed two black sliders, one on each side of the bobbin. I slide those open, took off the front round plate, and the bobbin assembly fell out, along with a short piece of thread(now black with oil) that'd gotten cut off and stuck down in there. It was easy to put back together and has been sewing great since.
The needle threader works great, but the pull down motion isn't completely smooth(maybe needs some oil?). To me it's just as fast to thread it myself so I haven't bothered to mess with it. I haven't tried all the special stitches out, but the ones I have, have worked well. Some look a little funny depending on the width setting so try it on practice fabric first.
The manual was laid out nicely, easy to find information, and I did see the phone number for customer service.
Edit: I tried out the button foot this evening. Used it on some sew-on snaps and it was so easy!