SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Model Sewing Machine
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Heavy duty metal frame ensures that the machine remains Still for skip-free sewing
- Stainless steel bedplate provides smooth fabric feed for even sewing
- Made in China
- Extra-High Sewing Speed of 1,100 stitches per minute gives you professional speed for faster results
- Heavy Duty Interior Metal Frame ensures that the machine remains still for skip-free sewing
- Stainless Steel Bed Plate provides smooth fabric feed for even sewing
- 23 Built-In Stitches - essential, stretch, decorative, 1 automatic 4-step buttonhole
- Automatic Needle Threader and Easy-to-Load Top Drop-In Bobbin System with Clear Cover. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
The SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine Is A True Workhorse
With a Heavy-Duty Metal Frame, Stainless Steel Bedplate, Extra-High Sewing Speed and Powerful Motor, the SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty can sew through just about anything you throw at it.
Whether you're looking to make garment alterations or to start a new project from scratch, the 4423 Heavy Duty is an easy-to-use and versatile machine. Its automatic needle threader is sewing's biggest timesaver, and the machine's 1,100-stitches-per-minute speed allows you to bring your creative ideas to life quickly.
Heavy Duty Features Power Through Projects
Top Drop-In Bobbin with Clear View Cover
Convenient drop-in bobbin is easy to insert and remove. The clear view cover makes it easy to monitor the bobbin thread supply.
1,100 Stitches Per Minute and 60% Stronger Motor
Boasting a stronger motor, sewing up to 1,100 stitches per minute allows you to finish projects in less time.
Stainless Steel Bed Plate
The unique bed plate ensures smooth fabric feeding for even sewing.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
The internal skeleton of the sewing machine consists of a Heavy Duty Metal Frame that holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability. You can be sure that your sewing machine will last for years of extended use.
Automatic Needle Threader
After effortlessly threading the machine, this feature automatically threads the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration.
Singer Sewing Assistant App
New sewing techniques, help to frequently asked questions about your machine, and tutorials are now all right at your fingertips! Get started sewing today with the SINGER Sewing Assistant App! Available for download at Google Play store and iTunes.
Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole
Make beautiful buttonholes automatically in 1 easy step.
Included Accessories (Located in Accessory Tray)
All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper / lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt, soft-sided dust cover, power cord/foot control, instruction manual.
Get Started Sewing Faster
23 Built-In Stitches
6 Basic Stitches, 4 Stretch Stitches, 12 Decorative Stitches, 1 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole—perfect for crafts, home decor, clothing construction and much more!
Four Presser Feet Included
All-purpose foot - for the majority of your sewing projects.
Buttonhole foot - for adding buttonholes, slots for ribbon and more.
Zipper foot - for adding zippers, piping, cording and more.
Button Sewing Foot - adding buttons is a breeze.
Put Your Mind at Ease
Social Media Support allows you to connect with other sewers for tips and tricks.
SINGER Sewing Company offers a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Installing a Bobbin and Presser Feet Training.
Features and Benefits
- 1,100 Stitches Per Minute
- 60% Stronger Motor
- Stainless Steel Bed Plate
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Top Drop-In Bobbin with Clear View Cover.
- Free Arm
- Three Needle Positions
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter.
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure Control.
- Automatic Needle Threader.
- 23 Built-In Stitches
- Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole.
- Consumers' Choice
- 25-Year Limited Warranty*
- *For more information you can contact the official customer service or visit the official website.
With a Heavy-Duty Metal Frame, Stainless Steel Bedplate, Extra-High Sewing Speed and Powerful Motor, the SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty can sew through just about anything you throw at it. Whether you're looking to make garment alterations or to start a new project from scratch, the 4423 Heavy Duty is an easy-to-use and versatile machine. Its automatic needle threader is sewing's biggest timesaver, and the machine's 1,100-stitches-per-minute speed allows you to bring your creative ideas to life quickly.
Top customer reviews
If you're looking for a machine that does fancy work, embroidery, computer stuff, this one's not for you. But if you want a well-made, basic machine, I believe that you won't be disappointed! I highly recommend it.
As a Prime member, I buy a LOT of stuff from amazon. Living out in a rural area far from a city, amazon is my go-to source for many of my purchases. I must rely heavily on your product reviews to help me decide which item is best for me -- especially when I can't actually see, touch or hold the product.
I take my personal product reviews seriously, and if something proves to be a piece of junk, I'll tell you - and if it's great or mediocre, I'll tell you that, too. My policy is to try to write the kind of reviews I want to read and to update my reviews if for some reason the product fails to perform as advertised during the period it's warrantied for. I do ask that if you found this review helpful in making your decision, that you please click on the "yes" button below.
I would give everyone who buys this machine one piece of advice: Read the manual. No seriously, READ THE MANUAL!!! Singer was nice enough to include a manual full of details, set up instructions and proper sewing advice. Printed, stapled and everything: not on a disc or a link to a PDF but an actual book in the box with the machine. Shocking right? I personally was amazed, especially after thinking about all the people who gave this machine bad reviews for the simple reason they didn't know how to use it properly, or worse, they don't know how to sew. Yeah, the only down side to the manual is one actually has to read it to obtain that helpful information; not just look at the pictures.
*** I don't intend to sound mean but I'm running with the assumption the folks who gave this machine a bad review also complain their phone is broken because they don't know how to install a new app. ***
Every machine operates and feels a little different. This is a very easy machine to use and get use to. It doesn't really require any skill to use properly and as far as I can tell there's nothing freakishly different about this machine. If you're working with thick materials and you want a strong stitch without laboring the motor or snapping the needle every time you take it out, this is the machine for you.
And seriously, read the manual.
I received my item well packaged and expediently (thanks Amazon). The directions that come with it are not great, but get the basics covered. I utilized the internet for more detailed instruction, and well as for video guidance. After using the sewing machine for several hours, I too became frustrated. So much so, that I initiated a return. It seems I could not get the thread tension correct, and I would end up with tons of bobbin jams. Nobody wants their bobbin in a jam.
After sleeping on it (not literally), I researched more on the internet. I found a few tips that not only helped, my project turned out great and I was able to use the 4423 effectively.
1. Use the felt bobbin spacer if the bobbin is racking in the bobbin case.
2. Important. Use only the plastic - not metal - bobbins.
3. Make sure you thread correctly. Thread tension is critical and is managed at loops #3, #4, and #5. When threading, be sure to give a slight tug to ensure the thread has seated into the blind tensioner. Also don't forget to run the thread behind the guide #6.
4. This might seem obvious, but be sure to drop the presser foot. It's easy to forget especially when setting up thicker fabrics/upholstery. If you forget, you'll know soon enough, by having a mess under the fabric on the bobbin side.
5. Practice with the foot control. It launches from 0 to 60 in a split second. I'd like to find a way of better control here, as fine control is challenging.
6. Use the correct needle size. Mine shipped with a 90/14 which is good for many things, but I recommend a 100 for thicker stuff, like chihuahuas and small pets. Just kidding about that small pet crack.
I gave this machine 5 stars solely because for the money (<$100), it was a no-brainer. I'd give it 4 stars if priced in the usual $125- $150 range. It's not perfect, as the foot control is too sensitive (like my wife). But it is a well made piece of equipment that CAN handle heavy fabrics. It went through 6 layers of vinyl upholstery as well as plastic piping, without struggle. I did find that best results were obtained when the needle is started manually in the thicker, multi-layered fabrics.
Stitch patterns seemed to work okay, but I only did some messing around with them, just to see if they worked. I really only used the straight, and zig-zag with frequency.
One other thing, the machine is light, which is good and bad. Good, as it's easy to transport, but bad as it will move when pushing heavy stock through it. Use a rubber mat, or better yet an appropriate table.