Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $17.62 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Model Sewing Machine, With 23 Built-In Stitches - Fully Automatic 1-step Buttonhole, 4 Stretch Stitches, 12 Decorative Stitches and 6 Basic Stitches
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches that the Model 4423 singer sewing machine produces can be used for a variety of purposes around the home or for special events
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the needle is no longer a test of patience or an issue for the eyes with the automatic needle threader. The needle can be changed to any of the three available positions to add zippers or a decorative touch with topstitching and cording
- HIGH-QUALITY SEWING MACHINE: The heavy-duty metal frame adds stability and has a strong motor, sewing a higher quantity of items more quickly and efficiently at 1,100 stitches per minute is achievable
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt, soft-sided dust cover
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: Singer inspires the gift of giving homemade surprises, decorating the home with custom accent pieces and fabrics, and designing clothing to make a unique fashion statement. This creativity is made possible by using the Singer heavy-duty sewing machine
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Model Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This SINGER HEAVY DUTY sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, it can sew through just about anything you throw at it. Convenience features including an automatic needle threader, top drop-in bobbin, fully automatic 1-step buttonhole and drop feed for free motion sewing adds a new dimension of ease to heavy duty sewing.
Overall Dimensions: 15.5"W x 12"H x 6.25"D
Feet Dog: Drop
Feet Type Included: Zipper
Foot Fixing Type: Snap on/off
Number of Feet Included: 4
Presser Foot System: High bar
Pressure Adjustment: Fixed
Item Weight (lbs.): 14.5
General Warranty: 25 years
Light(s): Built-in needle area light
Power Cord Included: yes
Number of Built-In Stitches: 23
Number of Decorative Stitches: 12
Number of Stretch Stitches: 4
Number of Utility Stitches: 6
Stitch Width Control: Adjustable
Cabinet Position: Portable (fits into cabinet)
LCD Screen: No
Automatic Needle Threader: Yes
Bobbin Material: Plastic
Bobbin Type: Horizontal (top loading, drop-in bobbin)
Needle Bar Position: Center
Number of Needle Positions: 3
From the manufacturer
Founded in 1851, Singer is one of the world’s leading sellers of consumer and artisan sewing machines, and one of the world’s most trusted and recognizable brands. The company has a long history of innovation, having produced, among other breakthroughs, the world’s first portable machine, the first zigzag machine and the first computer-controlled machine.
The SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine Is A True Workhorse
With a Heavy-Duty Metal Frame, Stainless Steel Bedplate, Extra-High Sewing Speed and Powerful Motor, the SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty can sew through just about anything you throw at it.
Whether you're looking to make garment alterations or to start a new project from scratch, the 4423 Heavy Duty is an easy-to-use and versatile machine. Its automatic needle threader is sewing's biggest timesaver, and the machine's 1,100-stitches-per-minute speed allows you to bring your creative ideas to life quickly.
Heavy Duty Features Power Through Projects
Top Drop-In Bobbin with Clear View Cover
Convenient drop-in bobbin is easy to insert and remove. The clear view cover makes it easy to monitor the bobbin thread supply.
1,100 Stitches Per Minute
Boasting a stronger motor, sewing up to 1,100 stitches per minute allows you to finish projects in less time.
Stitch Select - 23 Built-in Stitches
6 Basic Stitches, 4 Stretch Stitches, 12 Decorative Stitches, 1 Buttonhole—perfect for crafts, home decor, clothing construction and much more.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
The internal skeleton of the sewing machine consists of a Heavy Duty Metal Frame that holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability. You can be sure that your sewing machine will last for years of extended use.
Automatic Needle Threader
After effortlessly threading the machine, this feature automatically threads the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration.
Singer Sewing Assistant App
New sewing techniques, help with frequently asked questions about your machine, and tutorials are now all right at your fingertips. Get started sewing today with the SINGER Sewing Assistant App. Available for download at Google Play store and iTunes.
Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure Control
Sew lightweight to heavy fabric with ease by adjusting the presser foot pressure.
Included Accessories (Located in Accessory Tray)
All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Quilting Guide, Needles, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Soft-Sided Dust Cover.
Features & Benefits
- Top Drop-In Bobbin with Clear View Cover
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure Control
- Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole
- Free Arm
- Consumers' Choice
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Automatic Needle Threader
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Snap-on Presser Feet
- 6mm Stitch Width
- Three Needle Positions
- Automatic Reverse: Automatically sew in reverse and reinforce stitches
- Adjustable Stitch Length
Get Started Sewing Faster
Convenience features including an automatic needle threader, top drop-in bobbin, fully automatic 1-step buttonhole and drop feed for free motion sewing adds a new dimension of ease to heavy duty sewing.
Four Presser Feet Included:
All-purpose foot - for the majority of your sewing projects.
Buttonhole foot - for adding buttonholes, slots for ribbon and more.
Zipper foot - for adding zippers, piping, cording and more.
Button Sewing Foot - for adding buttons.
- SINGER Sewing Company offers a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Installing a Bobbin and Presser Feet Training.
- Social Media Support allows you to connect with other sewers for tips and tricks.
- On Board Storage: Storage of accessories in the removable sewing bed means accessories are always handy
Singer 4411 Heavy Duty
Singer 4423 Heavy Duty
Singer 4432 Heavy Duty
|Built-In Stitches||11 Built-in Stitches - 6 Basic Stitches, 4 Decorative Stitches and 1 Buttonhole||23 Built-in Stitches - 6 Basic Stitches, 12 Decorative Stitches, 4 Stretch Stitches and 1 Buttonhole||32 Built-in Stitches - 6 Basic Stitches, 18 Decorative Stitches, 7 Stretch Stitches and 1 Buttonhole|
|Automatic Needle Threader||✔||✔|
|Buttonhole type||4-Step Automatic||1-Step Automatic||1-Step Automatic|
|Number of Needle Position||3||3||3|
|Number of Stitches per minutes and Stitch Width||1,100 and 6mm||1,100 and 6mm||1,100 and 6mm|
|Presser Foot Lifter and Pressure Control||✔||✔||✔|
|Included Accessories||All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Quilting Guide, Needles, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Dust Cover||All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Quilting Guide, Needles, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Soft-Sided Dust Cover||All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Quilting Guide, Needles, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Instruction Manual, Power Cord, Foot Controller, Quick Start Guide|
|Automatic Reverse Stitches||✔||✔||✔|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would give everyone who buys this machine one piece of advice: Read the manual. No seriously, READ THE MANUAL!!! Singer was nice enough to include a manual full of details, set up instructions and proper sewing advice. Printed, stapled and everything: not on a disc or a link to a PDF but an actual book in the box with the machine. Shocking right? I personally was amazed, especially after thinking about all the people who gave this machine bad reviews for the simple reason they didn't know how to use it properly, or worse, they don't know how to sew. Yeah, the only down side to the manual is one actually has to read it to obtain that helpful information; not just look at the pictures.
*** I don't intend to sound mean but I'm running with the assumption the folks who gave this machine a bad review also complain their phone is broken because they don't know how to install a new app. ***
Every machine operates and feels a little different. This is a very easy machine to use and get use to. It doesn't really require any skill to use properly and as far as I can tell there's nothing freakishly different about this machine. If you're working with thick materials and you want a strong stitch without laboring the motor or snapping the needle every time you take it out, this is the machine for you.
And seriously, read the manual.
I received my item well packaged and expediently (thanks Amazon). The directions that come with it are not great, but get the basics covered. I utilized the internet for more detailed instruction, and well as for video guidance. After using the sewing machine for several hours, I too became frustrated. So much so, that I initiated a return. It seems I could not get the thread tension correct, and I would end up with tons of bobbin jams. Nobody wants their bobbin in a jam.
After sleeping on it (not literally), I researched more on the internet. I found a few tips that not only helped, my project turned out great and I was able to use the 4423 effectively.
1. Use the felt bobbin spacer if the bobbin is racking in the bobbin case.
2. Important. Use only the plastic - not metal - bobbins.
3. Make sure you thread correctly. Thread tension is critical and is managed at loops #3, #4, and #5. When threading, be sure to give a slight tug to ensure the thread has seated into the blind tensioner. Also don't forget to run the thread behind the guide #6.
4. This might seem obvious, but be sure to drop the presser foot. It's easy to forget especially when setting up thicker fabrics/upholstery. If you forget, you'll know soon enough, by having a mess under the fabric on the bobbin side.
5. Practice with the foot control. It launches from 0 to 60 in a split second. I'd like to find a way of better control here, as fine control is challenging.
6. Use the correct needle size. Mine shipped with a 90/14 which is good for many things, but I recommend a 100 for thicker stuff, like chihuahuas and small pets. Just kidding about that small pet crack.
I gave this machine 5 stars solely because for the money (<$100), it was a no-brainer. I'd give it 4 stars if priced in the usual $125- $150 range. It's not perfect, as the foot control is too sensitive (like my wife). But it is a well made piece of equipment that CAN handle heavy fabrics. It went through 6 layers of vinyl upholstery as well as plastic piping, without struggle. I did find that best results were obtained when the needle is started manually in the thicker, multi-layered fabrics.
Stitch patterns seemed to work okay, but I only did some messing around with them, just to see if they worked. I really only used the straight, and zig-zag with frequency.
One other thing, the machine is light, which is good and bad. Good, as it's easy to transport, but bad as it will move when pushing heavy stock through it. Use a rubber mat, or better yet an appropriate table.