Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $18.77 shipping
SINGER 8763 Curvy Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine
|Price:||$179.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$11.70 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader is the easiest threading
- 30 built-in stitches: six essential stitches, five stretch stitches, 17 decorative stitches, two buttonholes
- Automatic stitch length and width ensure the right stitch settings every time
- Two fully automatic on-step buttonholes provide professional results at the touch of a button
- Drop & Sew bobbin system has automatic bobbin thread pick-up for quicker threading. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Sew ahead of the curve
The SINGER 8763 CURVY sewing machine offers a world of functionality for sewers, featuring our exclusive SWIFTSMART threading system and Drop & Sew bobbin system. These features together, make threading a cinch, giving you more time to explore your creativity and less time threading. Additional easy features allow you to sew ahead of the curve.
Get Started Sewing Faster
SwiftSmart Threading System
Digital technology makes threading a cinch! Just guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by simply pressing the threading lever for truly one-touch threading!
Automatic Needle Threader
After effortlessly threading the machine, this feature automatically threads the eye of the needle!
Drop & Sew Bobbin System
There’s no longer any need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing. Just drop and sew!
Three StayBright LED Lights
Not just one but three lamps illuminate the sewing surface for optimal viewing. The long-lasting bulbs (100,000 hours) stay cool regardless how long the machine is operated.
30 Built-In Stitches
A large variety of stitches for clothing construction, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home decorating and decorative sewing. 6 Essential, 5 Stretch, 17 Decorative, 2 Buttonholes.
Push-Button Stitch Selection
With just a simple push of a button you have selected the stitch and the optimum settings for length, width, balance, pressure and tension.
The needle bar is geared straight from the motor, rather than from a drive bar across the machine. This makes the machine more powerful and durable.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
The internal skeleton of the sewing machine. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect, skip-free sewing.
SINGER is Sewing Made Easy
All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Quick Start Guide, Machine Intro DVD, Instruction Manual, Power Cord, Foot Pedal
Put Your Mind at Ease
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame for skip-free sewing.
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Online Support available any time at SINGER website.
Social Media Support allows you to connect with other sewers for tips and tricks!
- We offer a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Installing a Bobbin and Presser Feet Training.
More people own SINGER machines than all other brands combined!
Additional Features & Benefits
- 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes.
- Automatic Tension
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter.
- Free Arm
- Automatic Stitch Length & Width.
- Center Zigzag Taper
- Automatic Tacking Stitch Function
- Automatic Reverse
- Box Feed
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame.
- 13 Needle Positions
- 25-Year Limited Warranty.
- Consumer's Choice
Top Customer Reviews
After doing a lot of research, I chose THIS sewing machine for some pretty specific reasons:
1. It's pretty heavy, weighing in at 27 pounds. Why is this a benefit? It's sturdy, very sturdy, with a metal frame inside. Everything I've read leads me to believe that the lighter plastic machines simply don't last, while the old-school metal monstrosities keep working forever. I feel that this one has the best of both worlds. It looks sleek and classy, but can still sew through multiple layers of denim or thick fleece with no trouble.
2. The controls are all analog, with no digital programming to malfunction. You just push the buttons to select your stitch and go, and there are sliding levers for stitch width and length. It seemed that the digital models are wonderful, but sometimes they go wrong, and I just wasn't willing to deal with that.
3. It got good reviews. I read all the reviews for a number of different machines I was considering by Brother, Singer, and Janome, literally thousands in total. Considering that I was trying to come up with something that would LAST and be an investment without spending an arm and a leg, this one beat out the others. I also considered % of reviewers who rates it 4 stars or higher vs. 3 stars and under for each machine. They all have some 1-star reviews for some reason or another, but at the time of both my purchase and the writing of this review, this one seems to have less than its share of unhappy buyers compared to other similar machines here on Amazon.Read more ›
Most machines brands similar in price provide this plate as an accessory you can buy. I assumed Singer would as well so I bought the machine without checking. Now I'm stuck with a machine that's overpriced but still performs at beginner levels. Make sure that if you're going to pay more $500 or more on your machine, this machine will allow you to sew for at least 4-6 years. Assuming your sewing ability will increase, the machine should have all the features you will need by the end of its useful life.
I've sewn several different kinds of fabrics both light and heavy and it handles them all great!
Here are the main problems with this machine:
-The stitch length nob slides from 1 to 7, with 1 hammering out stitches less than half a mm and 7 making about 3.5mm stitches. Two problems here: first, this arbitrary numbering system does not correlate with either of the commonly used stitch length systems that you'll run across in patterns (SPI or stitches per inch, and millimeters), so you have to do a little trial and error to figure out where you need to set your slider nob. Second, the longest stitch, at 7, is still not as long as you need for a basting or gathering stitch on sturdier weight fabrics like courderoy.
-The needle rests at its highest position when you take your foot off the treadle rather than at its lowest position, in the fabric, which makes pivoting around points (used often in quilting) more difficult. You have to manually wheel the needle into the fabric every time you want to lift the presser foot and pivot the fabric.
-The machine does not make even stitches or perfectly straight lines, which isn't a huge problem if you're sewing for yourself. However, I couldn't trust my machine for any school sewing assignments and I wouldn't use it for any commission sewing, which meant that I was always in my college's sewing lab finishing things even though I had a machine at home.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was disappointed. I have had Singers for years and was used to them. This machine had an odd threading and bobbin system. I have a Brother and it is easier to thread. On. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Susan Trimmer-Koca
Great machine, easy to understand great for variety of projects and skill levels.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This is my first sewing machine and I wanted something that I didn't want to have to upgrade later. I merely got the Curvy for mending and for making carry bags for my daughter and... Read morePublished 2 months ago by ArchNemesis
I have replaced the plastic insert four times that holds the barbon it keeps jamming up , automatic threader never worked, do not buy this machine!!Published 2 months ago by Richard
I've owned this machine for 4 years and sadly today the top tension failed on it. I took in to the shop they said Singer's new one step thread system causes the top tension to be... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Marilyn M. Hunt
After using this sewing machine for just over a year I have to say I am incredibly satisfied!
As a novice sewer the instructions were super easy to follow and actually... Read more