Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
SINGER 8763 Curvy Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader is the easiest threading
- 30 built-in stitches: six essential stitches, five stretch stitches, 17 decorative stitches, two buttonholes
- Automatic stitch length and width ensure the right stitch settings every time
- Two fully automatic on-step buttonholes provide professional results at the touch of a button
- Drop & Sew bobbin system has automatic bobbin thread pick-up for quicker threading. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Sew ahead of the curve
The SINGER 8763 CURVY sewing machine offers a world of functionality for sewers, featuring our exclusive SWIFTSMART threading system and Drop & Sew bobbin system. These features together, make threading a cinch, giving you more time to explore your creativity and less time threading. Additional easy features allow you to sew ahead of the curve.
Get Started Sewing Faster
SwiftSmart Threading System
Digital technology makes threading a cinch! Just guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by simply pressing the threading lever for truly one-touch threading!
Automatic Needle Threader
After effortlessly threading the machine, this feature automatically threads the eye of the needle!
Drop & Sew Bobbin System
There’s no longer any need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing. Just drop and sew!
Three StayBright LED Lights
Not just one but three lamps illuminate the sewing surface for optimal viewing. The long-lasting bulbs (100,000 hours) stay cool regardless how long the machine is operated.
30 Built-In Stitches
A large variety of stitches for clothing construction, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home decorating and decorative sewing. 6 Essential, 5 Stretch, 17 Decorative, 2 Buttonholes.
Push-Button Stitch Selection
With just a simple push of a button you have selected the stitch and the optimum settings for length, width, balance, pressure and tension.
The needle bar is geared straight from the motor, rather than from a drive bar across the machine. This makes the machine more powerful and durable.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
The internal skeleton of the sewing machine. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect, skip-free sewing.
SINGER is Sewing Made Easy
All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Quick Start Guide, Machine Intro DVD, Instruction Manual, Power Cord, Foot Pedal
Put Your Mind at Ease
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame for skip-free sewing.
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Online Support available any time at SINGER website.
Social Media Support allows you to connect with other sewers for tips and tricks!
- We offer a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Installing a Bobbin and Presser Feet Training.
More people own SINGER machines than all other brands combined!
Additional Features & Benefits
- 2 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes.
- Automatic Tension
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter.
- Free Arm
- Automatic Stitch Length & Width.
- Center Zigzag Taper
- Automatic Tacking Stitch Function
- Automatic Reverse
- Box Feed
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame.
- 13 Needle Positions
- 25-Year Limited Warranty.
- Consumer's Choice
The SINGER 8763 Curvy sewing machine boasts 30 built-in stitches including two fully automatic one-step buttonholes, adjustable stitch length and width, and Drop & Sew bobbin system. The SwiftSmart threading system with automatic needle threader will make threading your machine extremely easy and frustration-free. Popular quilting stitches and an extra-high presser foot lifter allows for expert quilting. Three StayBright LED lights keep your sewing space illuminated. Included accessories: all-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, blind hem foot, satin stitch foot, pack of needles, bobbins (class 15J), thread spool caps, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt, darning plate, needle plate screwdriver, seam ripper/lint brush, soft-sided dust cover, foot control, power cord, and instruction manual with included stitch guide and quick start guide
Top customer reviews
After doing a lot of research, I chose THIS sewing machine for some pretty specific reasons:
1. It's pretty heavy, weighing in at 27 pounds. Why is this a benefit? It's sturdy, very sturdy, with a metal frame inside. Everything I've read leads me to believe that the lighter plastic machines simply don't last, while the old-school metal monstrosities keep working forever. I feel that this one has the best of both worlds. It looks sleek and classy, but can still sew through multiple layers of denim or thick fleece with no trouble.
2. The controls are all analog, with no digital programming to malfunction. You just push the buttons to select your stitch and go, and there are sliding levers for stitch width and length. It seemed that the digital models are wonderful, but sometimes they go wrong, and I just wasn't willing to deal with that.
3. It got good reviews. I read all the reviews for a number of different machines I was considering by Brother, Singer, and Janome, literally thousands in total. Considering that I was trying to come up with something that would LAST and be an investment without spending an arm and a leg, this one beat out the others. I also considered % of reviewers who rates it 4 stars or higher vs. 3 stars and under for each machine. They all have some 1-star reviews for some reason or another, but at the time of both my purchase and the writing of this review, this one seems to have less than its share of unhappy buyers compared to other similar machines here on Amazon.
Now, I'll share a bit of my actual experiences and observations now that I've been playing with this thing for about a month...
-Threading is incredibly easy. It does not have the "1, 2, 3..." instructions printed on the machine, but it does have little diagrams with arrows to remind just how the thread should go through each step. The auto-threader to get though the tiny needle hole is VERY easy, and the bottom bobbin is easy to put in right.
-The built-in light is bright and well-placed, making it very easy to see your work from all sides. It comes on automatically when you power on the machine.
-There is a reverse function to lock your stitches... just push once and it completes a stitch in reverse for you.
-The storage compartment is roomy enough for 5 regular spools of thread plus needles and the darning plate and bobbin cover discs and felts.
-The stitches are illustrated on the front (as you can see in the product photo), so you can just look for what you want, press the button, and go.
-It's really easy to use, and the tension seems to come out right just set on "auto." However, if needed tension adjusts by turning a dial on the top.
-Comes with CLEAR and EASY TO READ instructions with good diagrams/drawings to help you figure stuff out if you don't want to deal with the DVD.
-Also comes with a DVD tutorial! How cool is that?
-The stitches all seem to come out beautifully and effortlessly. It pulls the fabric in at the needed speed, so all you have to do is guide it side to side. There is also a darning plate that easily pops into place for "free form" work if needed. (Like if you wanted to sew in a circle or tight curve... wide curves you can just guide without the darning plate.)
-The foot-pedal is easy to operate. You can vary from one slow stitch per second so you can see what it's doing, to wound up going really fast. Apparently some are rather "all or nothing" in their control, but that has not been the case for me with this one. Barefoot or with shoes on my feet, it has been very easy to get used to it, so that now I can get it to the exact speed I wish for effortlessly.
My only "con" is that it has a limited number of stitches, and already I have seen a stitch called for that was not available exactly. However, it seems that all of the basics are here, plus several decorative ones.
So, overall, 5 stars. The only other thing that I think is worth mentioning is about the thread. From my research, it seems that using quality thread is highly important in helping your machine last a lifetime. Don't buy bargain threads - it's just not worth it. You can evaluate the quality by pulling to test for breakage, and also by looking at the thread under a microscope. Lots of stray fibers will wear away at internal components of your sewing machine over time. The most perfectly smooth thread I've been able to find is "Coat's Cotton" which is 100% Egyptian Cotton, and "Coat's Extra Strong" for denim and jeans, both by Coats & Clark. I would imagine their silk and polyester would be ok too, and they are available at any and every fabric store in the U.S.
I hope this helps you in making your decision! There are so many machines out there that it took me forever to decide on this one, but I am 110% delighted with it, and would recommend it to anyone. I was also VERY pleased with Amazon's service in getting it here safely and promptly. It was very well-packaged and arrived as pristine as if I'd carefully brought it home from a local store. Truly, I am a very tough customer, yet couldn't be happier.
Although this sewing machine is perfect for a beginner, there have been minor frustrations with the machine. The eyelet for threading the needle is very small. You almost need a magnifying glass to be able to see what you are doing when it comes to threading the needle. The foot petal needs to be adjusted so that it does not take off, leaving you with jams or a cluster of stitches that you will have to undo. There are three feet that come with this sewing machine, which is a little overwhelming for anyone that is just learning to sew. It is difficult to figure out if you need the general purpose foot or the special purpose foot to work on a quilt, the instruction manual that comes with the Singer Curvy Sewing Machine is not very helpful when deciding what to use for which kind of project. This machine is a little big and heavy with all it's extra parts that come with it. Not very ideal for people that take their sewing machine places or do not have a stationary home for it.
Overall, I give this Singer a 4 rating for use and overall performance. It is comparable to the easier Pfaff in learning how to use, although it has many other features that the Pfaff does not.
Read more: [...]
I've sewn several different kinds of fabrics both light and heavy and it handles them all great!