- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B076GRN7HB
- Item model number: S16-NG-AA-1
- Customer Reviews: 725 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#139 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #2 in Sports Mouthguards
SISU Mouth Guards Aero NextGen 1.6mm Custom Fit Sports Mouthguard for Youth/Adults
Get free shipping
Free 4-5 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 3 day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- SISU Aero NextGen mouth guards offer premium, warrantied dental protection for players age 11 and up, including adults
- At only 1.6mm thick, the ultralight design of the Aero is 50% thinner than conventional sports mouth guards, providing maximum comfort and convenience
- The slim, custom fit makes it easy to talk, breath and drink without removing the guard, which contributes to better hygiene
- Diffusix technology scientifically distributes impact forces from football, hockey, lacrosse, basketball, boxing and other contact games
- Compared to the original, NextGen SISU guards feature a wider bite pad, rounded edges for comfort and improved mold-ability to ensure a perfect fit
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The most unique feature of the SISU Aero is its super-slim, ultralight design. At a lean 1.6 mm, the Aero is 50% thinner than a standard mouthguard. Combined with its quick, custom and remoldable fit, it's easy to forget there's something awesome and plastic inside the mouth.
SISU guards are made from a material that absorbs and diffuses impact throughout the entire mouthguard, meaning that much less impact force is transferred to the teeth.
Using one-of-a-kind Diffusix Technology, the impact force is distributed over larger areas, which means less risk of dental injury during competition.
Conventional mouthguards are made from a material that's too soft to fully protect teeth from harm.
|SISU Aero||SISU Max||SISU Junior||SISU GO|
|Age||11+ years||11+ years||7-10 years||11+ years|
|Thickness||1.6 mm||2.4 mm||1.6 mm||1.6 mm|
|Works with Braces (must be fit by orthodontist)||Yes||Yes||No (size up to Aero)||Yes|
|Uses||All sports||High-impact sports||Youth sports||Essential coverage|
|Best For||Lacrosse, soccer, basketball, roller derby, and more||Hockey, football, rugby, MMA/BJJ, and more||Lacrosse, soccer, basketball, roller derby, and more||Basketball, soccer, baseball, action sports, and more|
The SISU Aero NextGen Mouth Guard offers more protection with less mouth guard. The Aero NextGen is designed to fit players age 11 and up, including adults, and is ideal for football, hockey, lacrosse, basketball, boxing and other contact team sports. SISU’s NextGen models feature a wide bite pad, rounded edges for comfort, and improved mold-ability to ensure a perfect fit. All SISU guards can be quickly and easily molded (and re-molded) to the individual user at home with hot water. At only 1.6mm thick, or 50% thinner than conventional, bulky mouth guards, players wearing the super slim SISU Aero NextGen can talk, breathe and hydrate normally with the guard in-place. With SISU guards, superior comfort does not mean sacrificing protection. The SISU Aero NextGen is scientifically engineered with Diffusix technology, which uses a non-compressible, perforated material to distribute impact forces over a larger area and reduce risk of dental injury during competition. SISU guards are compatible with braces, but a dental professional should be consulted for proper fitting (adult-sized guard recommended for all ages wearing braces). For younger athletes, look for the SISU Junior NextGen. For adults playing high-impact sports, check out the SISU Max NextGen for maximum protection. SISU mouth guards are backed by a $35,000, one year limited dental warranty protection. Guard is free of BPA, PVC, phthalates, and latex. Made in the USA.
Color: Awesome Aqua
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) There is a slight learning curve to getting the mouth piece molded properly. This isn't a simple boil and bite sort of mouth piece. The instructions are pretty good but it's still easy to make mistake. Thankfully, the material is very forgiving and allows you to re-boil and start over till you get it right up to a certain point.
2) The best benefits of this mouth piece are also part of it's weakness. The mouth piece is very thin and lightweight and I don't know if I would be comfortable taking a hard strike to mouth. BJJ training is one thing but wearing this while striking would be another story.
I went with Damage Control mouth guards as my daily go to and haven't looked back.
I would say her mouth is average size for her age, however each time it either folded on itsself, missed teeth, didn't cover gums, etc and we had to start over. I think the premise is great, however the product falls flat...or crumpled and folded in this case.
You do need to watch the videos to learn how to mold it but they are clear and straight forward. It took us 2-3 tries the first time to get the hang of it but you can remold it over and over if you don't get it right the first time. My older daughter has braces and they recommend letting the orthodontist mold it but she didn't have an appointment coming up so we lined her top teeth with tin foil and molded them over that it and it worked fine - again took a few tries and adjustments to get the final fit.
Plan on molding it when you have plenty of time to work with it - it's not something to try for the first time 5 minutes before you need to leave for a game.
We have owned a lot of mouthguards with 2 sporty kids and this - by far - was the worst of the bunch. It pinched my son’s cheeks in that it would catch (yet it was super easy to mold). He also felt like there was zero protection provided. It didn’t really “lock in” and he didn’t feel like he could bite or clamp down quite right. Convenient- yes. Protective - didn’t seem like it. Comfortable - definitely not.
Top international reviews
When it first arrived I wasn't sure what to make of it and my first attempt to mould it to my mouth wasn't successful. This was my fault as I didn't follow the instructions properly.
1. Watch the video on YouTube how to fit the guard.
2. Make sure the water you place it in as hot enough so it's like in the video ( mine wasn't first time).
3. Make sure you fit it in an area with sufficient light so you can orient the markings on the guard with your teeth. Dont underestimate the importance of this as once I did this correctly the mouth guard was a perfect fit and completly different shape.
If you have the budget and like your teeth buy it.
Since getting the SISU she has been really happy even wearing it for training, and she told me that 2 of her team mates were now getting them. So I guess she has been recommending it to her friends too.
It did take several attempts to get the fit with but very happy with it.