|Item Weight||2.61 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10.24 x 4.72 x 4.72 inches|
|Item model number||SJ7 STAR|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
SJCAM SJ7 STAR 4K 12MP 2" Touch Screen Metal Body Gyro Waterproof Sports Action Camera Black
|Video Capture Resolution||4K|
|Display Size||2 Inches|
|Shooting Modes||Slow Motion|
|Item Weight||74 Grams|
About this item
- DESCRIPTION:SJ7 STAR is truly a wonder with true 4K video and a metal body and 2" Touch screen this is really the camera everyone has been waiting for. The camera comes equipped with gyro stabilization and slow motion record and time lapse and is sure to please any action recording enthusiasts.
- ACCESSORIES:SJ7 STAR comes with a variety of mounts including the waterproof case, bicycle mount, flat mount for a dash cam option and a curved mount fitted with adhesive for a helmet. A multi-language booklet comes with the camera so anyone can start shooting their favorite subjects. There is also a quick release j-hook buckle and other mounts such as the universal 1/4" tripod mount and another tripod mount adapter.
- FEATURES:The SJ7 STAR has remote capabilities with the SJCAM app and also the SJCAM remote selfie stick and the SJCAM remote watch. These tools easily pair with the SJ7. This camera can use the SJCAM external microphone which enhances audio. The mics come with clips to easily attach where you need them most.
- PHOTO/VIDEO:Video can be shot at 1080P 4K: 3840×2160 16:9 30fps (Native 4K), 960P, and 720P. Single Images are 12 MP and are interpolated to 16 MP.
- BATTERY/WARRANTY:The battery for the SJ7 STAR is a 1000 mAh Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery and one is included with the package. SJCAM honors a 1 year warranty on the camera and a 6 month warranty for the battery.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
APEMAN A79 4K Action Camera 20MP WiFi External Microphone Remote Control Underwater 40M Waterproof Sports Cam for Yutube/Vlog Videos, PC Webcam
AKASO V50 Pro Native 4K30fps 20MP WiFi Action Camera with EIS Touch Screen 100 feet Waterproof Camera Web Camera Support External Mic Remote Control Sports Camera with Helmet Accessories Kit
Mengshen Full HD 1080P Mini Sports DV Camera Bike Motorcycle Helmet Action DVR Video Cam Perfect for Outdoor Sports MS-F9
TomTom Bandit 4k Action Video Camera
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||APEMAN US||AKASO-Store||Mengshen Direct||Loot Hive|
|Item Dimensions||10.24 x 4.72 x 4.72 inches||1.97 x 1.18 x 0.79 inches||2.36 x 0.94 x 1.57 inches||6.69 x 3.90 x 5.91 inches||3.72 x 1.46 x 2.07 inches|
|Item Weight||2.61 ounces||1.10 lbs||2.90 ounces||0.79 lbs||6.56 ounces|
SJ7 STAR BlackSPECIFICATIONS:
SJ Smart Remote is sold separately
Microphone is sold separately
Visible screen diagonal
2" / 6 cm
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The SJ7 has none of that. It feels very premium with subtle LEDS in all the right places and even the waterproof case is somehow nicer. When compared to its younger brother the SJ6, it definitely shines. Video quality-wise it is stellar. It has better performance in bright environments for water sports (I sail dinghies) than the SJ6 and SJ4000+ Going around the house pointing in in shadowy areas compared to my DSLR shows similar handling of the dynamic range whilst the SJ6 can't handle and will have blown highlights.
Most of the cons are because of the software. I'm using version 1.15 and it definitely has some shortfalls not present on the SJ6, like poorer image stabilization and lack of RAW photo files. However, the SJCAM software in general is superb and you can update your camera through the app. I've found no flaws with the SJ6 and we can expect the SJ7 to be the same. The app is very responsive with minimal lag, for any drone users there is a FOV mode to mount it. It also does heat up nicely in direct sunlight but not hot enough to auto shutdown.
I'll be posting photos and/or videos soon of my dog with this camera soon.
3/18 update; Same heating issues with the second one. Started acting erratically shortly into the first trip and got too hot to touch. I made sure the output amperage was 1a as recommended on mfg website.. Do not buy this camera if planning to use it to record in a vehicle. Also, be careful what insurance you purchase. The SquareTrade insurance didin't start until after the Mfg warranty which is one year but is worthless. SJCAM expects you to send it back to China at your expense both ways and will charge you to replace any of the main components.
It may work for other applications where only using the internal battery but did not meet my needs. Better to have not tried the cheap route and simply bought a gopro.
First the pros:
1. The biggest being the price point. At 200$ it's half the price of the current go pro.
2. Having the aluminum housing makes for what I can tell is a very sturdy and solid feeling camera.
3. The amount of accessories included is great. Come with multiple mounts, water proof case, and a simple housing to attatch the camera to the mounts.
4. CUSTOMER SERVICE - firstly i purchased this from the JoyOn seller and my customer service feedback is for them. I can't say how the other sellers are. I had some questions/ concerns when I first bought this camera and contacted the customer service. Since then I've had help from the same person on any and all questions I've had about this camera. I can't say that I've had better customer service with any other product on Amazon.
Now the cons:
1. Slow motion- The camera is equipped with multiple video resolution recording modes. In order to do slow motion recording you must use 1080p 60fps mode. When in this mode it does record in slow motion, however it is no where near 1080p. I wouldn't be surprised if it's was 480. I've been told by customer service this it is a software issue and not hardware. Something to be fixed (hopefully) in a soon to come software update.
2.Battery- While It has a similar battery life as it's competitor go pro, I haven't been able to find extra OEM batteries for sale yet. Maybe something to come in the near future.
3. Heat- I've been told it's normal for the camera but with not too long of use the camera gets very hot!
I would love to give the camera a 5 star but the slow motion quality has limited me to a 4 star. However, like I said the customer service deserves a 5 star across the board! My conclusion is for the price and if you're not too concerned about quality slow motion it's a great camera.
I don't know maybe just my camera had defect but it definitely not supposed to be like that.