Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on January 28, 2014
I am giving this a 4 because I really like the Footnote, but a few things left me wanting more.

Pros:
I love that it is all packaged together so you can literally just bring the Footnote and your guitar and be able to play with all your effects.
There is enough power for your effects (I only have 3 plugged in at the moment) and to power the amp.
Auxiliary input allows you to jam with a backing track.
Headphone jack allows you to practice in near silence.
Comes with 8 power connectors for your pedals that are removable to avoid clutter.
Comes with Velcro to attach your pedals.
Can be powered by batteries (haven't tried this yet) for playing in the street, or when the power goes out, or for some late night Kumbaya.
Cable tester to test if your cables are junk (haven't tried this yet).
Ability to turn speaker off and on independently.

Cons:
The amplifier in this leaves much to be desired and is my biggest gripe with the Footnote, and why I docked a star. The sound that comes out of this thing through the speaker or the headphones is very flat and unappealing. Plugging into a very cheap ($60) dedicated combo would sound much better than this.
I noticed that playing the Footnote at too high a volume would cause it to draw too much power from the 1000mA power supply and shut off (note that this was pretty high volume).
I noticed a bit of noise when powering my Korg AX-5G through the Footnote power supply that I wasn't getting on its own power.
There is no carrying handle (however there is a carrying case that you can buy which has bad reviews) and the size of it makes it hard to carry in one hand (because, face it, you're carrying your guitar in the other hand).

This would be a good product for the budget minded guitar player with a few effects pedals already, or who is planning on getting some. For example, if you're going to be playing in your local church band and need to carry your stuff there and back home a few times a week. I wouldn't buy this to have as your only amplifier though, as it leaves a lot to be desired in the sound department.
on January 23, 2016
Weird concept for a pedal board, that was destined to be a bargain basement item. Ok for practicing at home,but how many guitarists make up a pedal board just to play in their spare bedrooms anyway? It's not the right shape for live playing. You could practice at home on this pedal board and then move all the pedals to the pedal board you use to play out with, but that would be a giant pain in the butt Might be ok for a small coffee shop gig, where the small speaker and amp might be sufficient as it can get moderately loud ( loud is probably to strong a word, but you can definitely hear it ) The line out is hissy but usable. Doesn't come with a case and it is an odd size so it doesn't fit in anything but the skb case for it, that you have to pay quite a bit for. As others have said, if you run too may pedals and the built in amp at the same time, the power supply gets hot, and the board will glitch. I plugged my One Spot into it and the glitches stopped. Paid $35 and that's a great price for a powered pedal board but I'm still not sure what I'm going to use it for. It's an odd duck.
on February 12, 2016
I paid $50 for this product and I could not be more pleased. A powered pedal board with decent pedal capacity at this price point is too good of a deal to pass up. The board construction is quite solid, as are the connections. The speaker is pretty loud, but would only serve well as a practice amp and coffee shop style gigs. I have only one complaint and one concern:
The complaint:
The power supply is cheap, bulky and runs super hot. However, at this price, I do not see this as a sufficient reason to give it less than 5 stars. I purchased a Trutone OneSpot for $20 and it works fantastic.
The concern:
If you're the type of guitarist that changes their signal chain and pedals constantly, the felt may not hold up to that kind of use. Still worth the purchase, though.
on October 24, 2015
Absolutley love this thing! I was super skeptical due to the speaker, I figured it would suck terribly. Well, suprise, it's amazing. It isn't the most clear thing in the world, but it beats a small pignose amp anyday. Most pedalboards are 80-100 bucks for one about this size with no power supply. This being powered, having all the cords and everything you need (including velcro), with an incredible practice amp, cable tester, aux input, and a line out for a cab, it's an INCREDIBLE deal at 100 bucks. Snatch it up. I'm insanely glad I did.
on January 22, 2016
What an unexpected sound! Huge output for a tiny speaker, way cooler into a 2x12" extension cabinet! The speaker on/off switch does not work, not a big deal, the price was Amazing!! Cheers, Sean
on January 5, 2015
This thing is great! I highly recommend it. I've seen those who criticize the 5" speaker on the thing. I guess those folks expected it to sound like a big wattage Marshall. I think it serves its purpose pretty well; particularly for a 5 watt amp. I have a 10 amp Fender practice amp, and this thing sounds better than it does.
on March 2, 2016
Works good as a pedsl board but the wires and powers source are junk. Snap crackle pro sounds through my marshalls. But for 50 bucks a great deal. I have never and most likely will never use the little built in amp.
on December 18, 2013
Would never pay 170 bucks on one of these as I got mine for 50 bucks on BF..but this is great powers the pedal perfectly however the amp on this is worthless..if you try to use pedals with it..

which defeats the purpose of having a pedal board..I run it straight to the amp and its great.
on January 1, 2014
I bought this at a nice, very nice Amazon discount just for use as a plain and simple powered pedal board. And for 50 bucks it's a damn good pedal board - sturdy plastic, alltogether better than a cheap wooden board. I would forget about the amp feature, it does not hold a candle to, say, a Roland Micro Cube. It hums like crazy and is just too buzzy to serve any real purpose. The only use I can see is as a vendor stand to quickly try out some pedals, I guess, when there is no amp around. Have not tried the PA-out, and likely never will. The whole things seems an answer to a question no-one has ever cared to ask - no surprise they are practically giving them away. Anyways, the powered effects connections are neat, and I managed to cram 11 pedals on the board, including a whammy - there are powered connections for 8 pedals. Because of the speaker, it is odd-shaped, and it takes a bit more floor space than a comparable pedal board. Despite of that though, it does not come with a gigbag, which brings me back to the question regarding its intended purpose. Oh well, for this price, never mind.
on September 16, 2014
It performs just as advertised, very loud speaker for its size. Still working to get used to it