Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
SKLZ Gold Flex - Golf Training Aid for Strength and Tempo Training / Golf Swing Trainer
|Price:||$59.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$5.04 (8%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Synchronize arms and body to develop a smooth natural tempo
- Strengthen wrists, forearms and core muscles
- Flatten swing plane and avoid slice from over-the-top swings
- Great low-impact stretch for warm-up and fits easily in golf bag
- Flexible shaft teaches lag and helps avoid early release/casting
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Gold Flex Strength and Tempo Trainer
The Gold Flex warm-up and tempo training aid is designed to improve your swing while providing a core muscle workout. The Gold Flex encourages a flatter swing plane and forces the downswing to be initiated by the lower body, both of which fight slices.
- Durable polyurethane head for frequent use
- Shaft length helps flatten the swing plane
- 49" in length, 2.5 lb. head
- Flexible fiberglass shaft teaches lag and helps eliminate early release/casting
- Golf grip with guidelines for proper hand placement
- Head weight improves kinetic sequencing in the swing
- Strengthens core golf muscles
- Great low-impact stretch for pre-round warm-up
- Fits easily in golf bag and is legal to carry on course
- PLEASE NOTE: This product cannot be re-gripped
Gold Flex 48-inch
Measures 48" in length with a 2.5 lb. head
Generally more appropriate for individuals 5'6" or taller, but individuals under 5'6" who are stronger, or more skilled/experienced will be able to utilize the Gold Flex Original without difficulty.
Gold Flex 40-inch
Measures 40" in length with a 2.5 lb. head
Generally more appropriate for individuals under 5'6", however, individuals under 5'6" who are stronger, or more skilled/experienced will be able to use the longer Gold Flex without difficulty.
SKLZ is committed to elevating the athlete in each of us by guiding and serving athletes on their journeys to be their personal best. As the flagship brand of Pro Performance Sports, based in San Diego California, SKLZ develops innovative athletic performance and skill development training products, technology and knowledge for serious athletes of all ages, skill levels and sports including baseball, football, soccer, golf, softball and basketball. SKLZ is known around the world for delivering durable, high-performance training products used by professional and amateur athletes as well as their coaches and trainers seeking to improve on a sport-specific skill or a performance-focused goal such as speed, agility, balance or core strength.
Top Customer Reviews
With the SZLZ I've found that you need to wait for the shaft to completely flex before you can start your downswing. This is making me hesitate longer at the top, which fixes my biggest flaw. With the extra weight it's helping me get a bigger turn as well. I'm hitting all my clubs much better, especially the long irons and hybrids. The draw that I used have years ago is coming back, and I'm consistently getting good distance on drives.
I try to take 10 swings a day, and then 10 before I hit balls at the range/tee off - that's it. When you start to swing it right you can really feel your hips rotating and generating extra speed. In every round it seems like you have that "golf epiphany" when you figure out the secret to the golf swing, but it never seems to stick around very long. My swing is getting more locked in and now I have this feeling the entire round.
I've done lessons and been videotaped, and in general my swing is pretty decent (8 index). I don't know if this club will help someone with lots of flaws, but for me it has exceded my expectations.
1. Great for warming up - Instead of just doing stretching, I take this out of my bag and swing this about 20 times to warm up. It does loosen me up specially for the first hole.
2. Great for Lag Training - It naturally gives you that feel of lag, and is starting to show up in my golf swing. It is starting to be more automatic now.
3. Improved my accuracy - My grouping is much tighter now. My swing used to be very erratic, I could cast the club sometimes and really ruin my day, but this has reduced that now.
4. Gives you the feeling of what a proper swing should feel like - Once I got accostomed to the sensation of a proper swing, I am beginning to change my swing to match that. It is a work in progress as I still have a wicked slice that shows up at the worst times, but I have seen my hitting improve.
5. Great tempo trainer - That is the biggest difference with my swing now. I now know what proper tempo is supposed to be. It has improved my swing.
6. Great workout - I use this as a workout. I really try to set aside time to just just swing with this. I do feel that I am stronger and can hit the ball with less effort now.
1. Length - This is longer than the standard clubs so give yourself some space and make sure you dont hit anyone.
It really does what it says it is supposed to do. My swing has improved in tempo, lag and power. I swing it many times a day and is a really good swing coach. I have other swing trainers but this is the one I use the most since lag and tempo are my real weakness.Read more ›
I am a 5 handicap and am writing this review from my perspective.
I have previously sampled the Orange Whip in a local golf store. The counterbalance weight at the end of the whip was an interesting feature. After playing around with it I determined it was more of a tempo device then anything else. Sure it will help you somewhat with your swing plane, all of the tempo trainers will.
I ordered the 40 inch model with a focus towards tightening up those couple of loose iron shots that occur during my rounds. By holding it out at a slight angle, I can simulate swinging with a longer club or swing it normally for iron shots.
The first thing I noticed was the quality of construction. This is a well crafted item that isn't going to just fall apart on you. The ball at the end of the trainer is big enough to not get stuck in your golf bag if you want to take it to the course with you.
Swinging this trainer is great for ingraining proper feel of tempo, swing path, and understanding where the clubhead is during the swing. It's also great for working on things like rotating your arms through impact. It's easy to take smooth swings and feel your body react to it. The weight allow for you to naturally progress with your body moving in the correct sequence on the backswing and downswing.
After working on sections of my swing, I switched to an iron and tested it out...very satisfying. Using this product daily will help you to groove a swing that is desireable, and more importantly, repeatable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This absolutely helps with warming up and slowing your tempo down. As many other reviewers say, the 48 inch version can be pretty lengthy. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Yhea
Love this tempo trainer, compared to the orange whip and half the pricePublished 6 days ago by matt hawkins
This tempo trainer is great for getting the feeling of lag. For me, it helps my tempo as I pause for a second at the top of my backswing, before starting the downswing. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Mary Sully
perfect! works as described - easy to use - great for getting a swing with tempo - dont overspend on other devices - this works wellPublished 11 days ago by Blford