Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Trainer. Strength, Tempo, and ...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 20% off the $44.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
SKLZ Gold Flex - Golf Training Aid for Strength and Tempo Training / Golf Swing Trainer
|Price:||$59.73 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DEVELOP BETTER MECHANICS. Find the natural feel of lag, and develop core golf muscles with the SKLZ Gold Flex Trainer. Correct the path and develop a flatter swing plane that is initiated from the lower body, allowing you to fight slices.
- BUILD MORE POWER. Build muscle memory and strengthen your swing with the 2.5lb. weighted head so you can hit every ball with ease. The extra flex in the shaft helps lengthen your swing, giving you more power and better control.
- THE PERFECT WARM UP TOOL. When you swing the trainer it creates a low-impact stretch to increase flexibility and range of motion. The momentum of the weighted head encourages proper weight transfer, improved form, centered balance and greater power.
- DEVELOP YOUR TEMPO. Swing the Gold Flex repetitively to gain feedback and correct bad habits. The exaggerated flex allows for a lag during your back swing to help find your tempo. Use this easy training aid 10-20 times a day to improve your game.
- MADE TO LAST. SKLZ provides you with high quality sports equipment that is durable, strong, and made to last. Whether you’re a competitive golfer, or play leisurely with friends, the Gold Flex will help you reach your goals.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
SKLZ Gold Flex
Improves swing tempo, strength, and flexibility.
Improve your swing.
Easy to use- simply 'swing' the gold flex back and forth continually without stopping at impact position, as if swinging to a metronome.
Develop better mechanics.
Find the natural feel of lag, and develop core golf muscles with the SKLZ Gold Flex Trainer.
Build more power.
Build muscle memory and strengthen your swing with the 2.5 lb. weighted head. The extra flex in the shaft helps lengthen your swing, giving you more power and better control.
The SKLZ Gold Flex Trainer is the ideal tool to perfect your swing so you can get the score you want, every time you step onto the course. Use it when or warming up before a game and get a low-impact stretch for easier mobility. With a weighted head made of durable polyurethane, and a flexible fiberglass shaft, you’ll build muscle and power with every swing. Work the fundamental core golf muscles, and tone your obliques as you gain muscle memory. Let your perfect swing become more of a habit, and less of a practice. Simply swing this training aid while learning lag and elimination of early release. Available in either 40” or 48" in length with a 2.5 lb. head, this flexible weighted trainer encourages a flatter swing plane and forces the downswing to be initiated by the lower body, helping to reduce slices. The 48” is recommended for individuals 5’6” or taller, or those who are stronger and more advanced in their golf game. The 40” length is ideal for those who are under 5’6” or who are at a beginner or intermediate level. Made of high quality, durable materials, you can feel confident that you will be able to use the SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Trainer for years to come. Investing in high quality sports equipment and training tools, means you’re investing in your athletic goals.
From the Manufacturer
Gold Flex Strength and Tempo Trainer
The Gold Flex warm-up and tempo training aid is designed to improve your swing while providing a core muscle workout. The Gold Flex encourages a flatter swing plane and forces the downswing to be initiated by the lower body, both of which fight slices.
- Durable polyurethane head for frequent use
- Shaft length helps flatten the swing plane
- 49" in length, 2.5 lb. head
- Flexible fiberglass shaft teaches lag and helps eliminate early release/casting
- Golf grip with guidelines for proper hand placement
- Head weight improves kinetic sequencing in the swing
- Strengthens core golf muscles
- Great low-impact stretch for pre-round warm-up
- Fits easily in golf bag and is legal to carry on course
- PLEASE NOTE: This product cannot be re-gripped
Gold Flex 48-inch
Measures 48" in length with a 2.5 lb. head
Generally more appropriate for individuals 5'6" or taller, but individuals under 5'6" who are stronger, or more skilled/experienced will be able to utilize the Gold Flex Original without difficulty.
Gold Flex 40-inch
Measures 40" in length with a 2.5 lb. head
Generally more appropriate for individuals under 5'6", however, individuals under 5'6" who are stronger, or more skilled/experienced will be able to use the longer Gold Flex without difficulty.
SKLZ is committed to elevating the athlete in each of us by guiding and serving athletes on their journeys to be their personal best. As the flagship brand of Pro Performance Sports, based in San Diego California, SKLZ develops innovative athletic performance and skill development training products, technology and knowledge for serious athletes of all ages, skill levels and sports including baseball, football, soccer, golf, softball and basketball. SKLZ is known around the world for delivering durable, high-performance training products used by professional and amateur athletes as well as their coaches and trainers seeking to improve on a sport-specific skill or a performance-focused goal such as speed, agility, balance or core strength.
Top customer reviews
I am a 5 handicap and am writing this review from my perspective.
I have previously sampled the Orange Whip in a local golf store. The counterbalance weight at the end of the whip was an interesting feature. After playing around with it I determined it was more of a tempo device then anything else. Sure it will help you somewhat with your swing plane, all of the tempo trainers will.
I ordered the 40 inch model with a focus towards tightening up those couple of loose iron shots that occur during my rounds. By holding it out at a slight angle, I can simulate swinging with a longer club or swing it normally for iron shots.
The first thing I noticed was the quality of construction. This is a well crafted item that isn't going to just fall apart on you. The ball at the end of the trainer is big enough to not get stuck in your golf bag if you want to take it to the course with you.
Swinging this trainer is great for ingraining proper feel of tempo, swing path, and understanding where the clubhead is during the swing. It's also great for working on things like rotating your arms through impact. It's easy to take smooth swings and feel your body react to it. The weight allow for you to naturally progress with your body moving in the correct sequence on the backswing and downswing.
After working on sections of my swing, I switched to an iron and tested it out...very satisfying. Using this product daily will help you to groove a swing that is desireable, and more importantly, repeatable.
For the price of this product it can't be beat. Take it for what it's worth.
For those that have trouble trying to figure out how to use this product, it's very simple...
1. Start at your normal address position.
2. Waggle the club slightly forward using your hands, arms, and shoulders.
3. Move the club into your backswing.
4. Slight pause at the top to let the ball fully catch up to you.
5. Smoothly swing and feel your weight transfer to your front side as you complete your downswing into a full finish.
6. Rinse and repeat.
Being 5'6" I knew that my height would be a factor as to whether a 40" or 48" Flex was best for me. I read reviews and questions posted and answered on Amazon as well as other websites. Since many responses indicated that the 48" was better suited to players 5'8" or taller, I opted for the 40". When I received my 40" Flex, II read all of the documentation and Lo and Behold! There printed in a card, it stated, the 40" is perfect for ladies and juniors. Dang! I wish I had knows or I would have ordered the 48" Flex. There are good reasons why the 40" is more suitable for ladies and juniors, besides the length. The characteristics lend themselves to those who have slower swing speeds, IMHO.
So what is the main problem with the Gold Flex 40"? It is too stiff to really be a swing training aid. You can do a normal backswing anfd not worry about taking it back too fast. In fact for me it has about the same feel as my 4 hybrid. Once you complete the backswing, there is a slight hesitation necessary to begin the downswing, but the ball head quickly catches up. There is no penalty for bad swings and yet you can clearly see a bad swing path. I decided to keep my Gold Flex since it is a great warm-up tool and it does offer some swing aid, though not as much as I would have liked. Keep in mind that this review is for the 40" Gold Flex only, not the 48" which I have not tried, but probably will in the near future.