- Save 10% each on Qualifying items offered by SmallRig when you purchase 150 or more. Enter code VT7QX7BR at checkout. See more products in this promotion
- Save 5% on ❤SmallRig Universal Tool Set AAK2213❤ when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by SmallRig. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
SMALLRIG 1/4" Camera Hot Shoe Mount with Additional 1/4" Screw (2pcs Pack) - 2059
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.36 x 0.98 x 1.38 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 【MINI BALL HEAD】 SMALLRIG Mini Ball Head Mount 2059 is designed to attach the camera tightly via a cold shoe adapter, while the 1/4" screw could be mounted on the monitor in adjustable directions in different scenarios and could be locked via a wingnut.
- 【COMPATIBILITY】 The cold shoe adapter works for most cameras including Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, Fujifilm, Kodak, etc
- 【ADJUSTABLE DIRECTION】 The ball head can be adjusted into most any position
- 【NOTE】 The ball head maximum load: 3 kg
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDED】 The Mini Ball Head Mount 2059 is TWO PCS pack. If you need one PCS pack, please see the SMALLRIG 761.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
It includes a swiveling ball-head, a hot shoe adapter, a 1/4" screw and a wingnut. The cold shoe adapter could attach the camera tightly via a cold shoe, while the 1/4" screw could be mounted on the monitor in adjustable directions in different scenarios and could be locked via a wingnut. In addition, the 1/4" screw could be mounted on a shoulder rig with 1/4" threaded hole for shooting as per your needs. It features in its small size, light weight and durability.
2 x Cold Shoe Mount 761
Product Dimensions: 60x25x35 mm
Net Weight: 280g
Package Size: 76x63x40 mm
Material(s): Aluminum Alloy
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Trying to mount my Note 8 phone on top of my Olympus OM-D Camera to use with the MIOPS Mobile Dongle Kit for Olympus Cameras .
Usually these types of adapters have the bottom part that fits into a hot shoe fixed and not something that screws into the bottom of the adapter. That way...when you turn the bottom tightening wheel and it clamps down to the mating shoe mount...everything is tight and fixed.
But not this crazy adapter!
I'm sure there is a way to get this thing to tighten down but this is a design I've never encountered before and can't figure out.
Waste of money for me at this point unless I can find someone kind enough to post a YouTube video on how to use these things.
- Solid build quality, strong
- Adaptable for many uses
- Effort required to securely lock ball in ball joint
- Design makes is difficult to loosen hotshoe mount - not a great deal of surface area to unscrew at mount once firmly affixed
Overall, quality product and recommended with above caveats.
I was using this ball mount on my bike, so in all fairness, it was exposed to the elements more than the average photographer would. It was left outside for about two weeks, after which the ball mount was so corroded it would not work anymore, and I had to remove it for fear of it breaking (I have another SmallRig ball arm with a similar metal that actually snapped, causing me to remove this ball head from operation).
Two weeks exposure to the US northeast elements during summer was all it took to render this non-functional -- I'd estimate a regular outdoor photographer would expose this to just as much weather within about a year, depending on their working conditions (pure guess on my part).
For comparison, I have included photos of a Manfrotto nano clamp exposed to the exact same conditions for about twice as long as this ball head. The Manfrotto exhibits signs of surface rust, but it is still FULLY functional -- everything on the Manfrotto still works smoothly. On this SmallRig mount, the ball and threads have rusted badly. The threads rusted so badly, that I had to use pliers to unscrew the handle. This caused the threads to mangle up, and I am not able to use it unless I chase both the screw and hole with a tap/die set.
In summary, if you are holding only very light loads in a tight humidity controlled environment, this mount would likely last a while. It is also relatively inexpensive. It will not last long exposed to any sort of moisture. Hence, I have given it three stars.
The square plate that goes into the hotshe/coldshoe should be securely attached already or, at the very least, have long enough threads that it can be screwed in all the way and tightened while leaving enough space for it then to slide into a hotshoe/coldshoe before tightening down the locking nut.
I made it work, but it's far from ideal, so I can't really recommend these to others, because it takes some real doing to use them. This is the only reason I didn't give them five stars, but it's a serious enough issue that I also can't give them more than 2 stars.
Top reviews from other countries
2. Value for the money- on the higher side but I am satisfied with the product.
3. Warmth- I have assembled with my Nikon SB-800 flash unit and onto the stand. The functionality is very satisfactory.
Overall it's a good product & recommend.