Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 214 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 245 reviews
on February 19, 2009
I've been using a 2.5" SharpStone grinder, and this beats it hands down, with a much nicer feel, 24 grinding "nubs" to SharpStone's 12, and also no tight lid leaving aluminum residue around the outer edges after grinding.

Another review gave this only 3 stars, saying that it has a weak magnet, however it works just fine: turn the grinder upside-down and the lid doesn't fall off, even with a bit of shaking. What more does one need?

Also, someone noted that this model's kief screen is too fine to be effective. While it does look that way, I'm finding that it is equal in "production" to the SharpStone.

One complaint that I have with both products is that they require too many turns to tighten the parts together; surely these could have been machined so that a single twist would do the trick, eliminating the need for a fine touch in order to get the pieces together without stripping the threads.
55 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2016
I've been using this grinder for 5 years now and just had to write a review. This is the best grinder I have ever used or seen, the only other brand of grinder that might compare is a Space Case, but if you don't feel like spending a ridiculous amount of money on a grinder this is the only way to go. I have dropped it on concrete, tile, carpet, etc, and it may have accumulated some scratches on the exterior, but it has always stayed closed thanks to the strong magnet. I have never broken one of the teeth on the interior, it's chewed up everything I've thrown at it. This grinder also has a really nice weight to it, it is definitely not made of cheap aluminum. The bottom "pollen catcher" works like a charm and, in my opinion, the screen only allows the ideally-sized smaller particles to get through to the fourth tray. I still use this grinder today and it is still in perfect condition (minus the exterior scratches it has accumulated).
on January 31, 2015
Ordered this for a friend. We put it to good use, and it is definitely worth how cheap it is.

Unfortunately it is sitting around waiting to be fixed right now. For whatever reason, the teeth on the lid of the grinder separated from the lid. Our theory is that this happened because we were keeping it in a car during winter in the Midwest (in other words, it got really cold...). Not sure if this is an issue with the grinder or the climate, though. We plan to glue it back together but just haven't found the time yet.

That said, it still worked perfectly for the better part of a year. For the price, I really can't complain. If you are in need of a cheap *NON-ALUMINUM* grinder, the Smart Crusher will do the job.
on May 2, 2017
Material gets stuck in holes. Grinding action not very smooth. End result is not as good as what I got out of a free tiny acrylic grinder. It ground, but not impressively.
on April 27, 2014
For this price this grinder is far better than anything you'll find at a local smoke shop, as sad as that is. I did lots of research before buying and while not the largest grinder for personal use or with a group of friends it is more than adequate. The machining is top-notch, absolutely no defects and grinder arrived with no dusty flakes inside it (though cleaning before use is of course recommended.)

Threads are tight and dis-assembly/reassembly is easy. Screen is sturdy and seems to do a good job of letting finer materials/pollen though while keeping the larger chunks on top.

I didn't want an aluminum grinder for the chance of getting flakes in the product and you shouldn't either, so this fits that bill nicely. It grinds wonderfully and with minimal effort and turns any sort of herb or plant product into an evenly ground mix.

Seriously, don't spend 50-60 bucks on a Space Case or other name brand, I can guarantee you that this product will perform just as well for 1/4 the price. At the very least, TRY this one first before you make a larger purchase like that.
on November 12, 2013
I bought this to replace the cheap aluminum grinder you can buy on amazon for like 4-5 bucks, that cheap grinder ended up lasting me about 3 months.

This grinder blows that one out of the water. I live in a fraternity house so 1) this thing gets used a ton 2) it's constantly being thrown by drunk kids and dropped. I've had it for a little bit now and can say that it out grinds our Frat house SpaceCase community grinder. But the best part to me by far is the look of it, after handling the grinder for a few days it gets a gunmetal hue that sticks and looks completely unique and cool.
on January 20, 2014
This grinder met and exceeded all my expectations. It catches Keith great expessially when you put a nikle in the 2nd compartment. The magnet isn't the strongest but does what it needs to do and if you're worried about it in your bag the put a rubber band on it and it's perfect. The skreen is a little high but it's the best grinder you will get for your money. If you saw it and your debating with other grinders get this one. If you don't want drop $70 on a space case then this is your best option. And it is very durable and came fast so get this grinder now you will not regret it and if for some reason you do you can easaly sell it to one of your friends.
on May 15, 2014
Ordered a cheaper 4-PC grinder on here for my girlfriend on Jan 11th that has yet to show up. Bought one from same seller a few years ago that was on time. Now, the quality of that one wasn't perfect, but it worked. Nonetheless , I needed a new one because the older one wasn't quite as sharp as it was when I first got it. So I went looking for another one. Got my girlfriend a new one for almost $50 from smoke shop, but didn't wanna spend that much again. Let me tell you, I ordered this one on May 7th & it arrived less than a week later. It's strong, heavy, sturdy & it grinds beautifully. Buy it, it's worth the purchase. I can see a lot of durability in this product. Use it at least every other day. Best I've used outside of the $50 one I got my girl.
on October 5, 2013
Excellent product. Came quickly, first of all. Couple of days. I paid 15$ for this and was very well worth it. It is very large and can fit maybe 1.5-2g of dry herb (grinded up of course) and the third chamber (kief catcher) has a very fine screen for optimum kief. The teeth are very close together less than half an inch apart I'd say. Does a great job of grinding quickly. U lift the magnetic cap and put whatever u want to grind and then close it an twist. Then to unscrew and get to the second chamber u twist for a few seconds. Sometimes noisy if you want to be low key. Don't waste 6$ on the s***ty grinders this 15 will last you a long long time
on January 14, 2014
Ive owned a few grinders over the years but I just got this one and it is the best ive come across, especially for the price!!! It has so many teeth(that are super sharp) and grinds perfectly everytime. Ive read a few reviews that talk about the strength of the magnet being kinda week but I have no problems. I can turn it upside down and it wont fall off I have to shake it kinda hard before it just falls off. Also another neg. Ive read is about the screen being too small...trust me it works perfect and the lil scrape tool is just a added bonus. I give it two lighters up!!!!!