- File Size: 2389 KB
- Print Length: 298 pages
- Publisher: Fleming Ink (August 31, 2010)
- Publication Date: August 31, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0041KKLNQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,922 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
SMART SCHOOL TIME RECIPES: The Breakfast, Snack, and Lunchbox Cookbook for Healthy Kids and Adults Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I give it a two as some of the recipes do look good. I'm just not going to waste my time looking for them when it should be a quick fix to jump to where you want to go. Not user friendly.
As a mother i was looking for helpful and simple ideas to get my kids to eat healthier and found here so many recipes and most of them worked for me easily such as the smoothie with banana, peanut butter and almond milk-so easy to make and the kids love it.
The only little problem i found is the lack of order or some kind of a plan to work with as i found in Healthy Child - the 5 weeks plan to change your children's life (The "Love your Child" series) and just found myself working with these 2 books together perfectly.I pick up all the recipes form this book and applies then in the plan of the other one and it works for me just great.
Highly recommended for anyone who wants to change her children's nutrition.
|Length: 1:48 Mins|
- I had to buy this ebook to find out I can actually download it for free on onefrugalfoodie(dot)com
- This ebook is not written entirely by the author, but is a collection of recipes contributed by several food bloggers (including the author) - this is not necessarily a bad thing. However, several of these bloggers are geared towards gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan etc. cooking and their recipes consequently call for hard-to-find ingredients (such products are all but unheard of in my country's market).
- The author adds notes to some recipes on how to make them dairy-free. I find it kind of hypocritical to promote whole-food eating and then suggest using egg-replacement products!
- Most recipes come with photos, which - though not professional - are rather decent.
- A few pages with tips from each blogger is also included. I found these much more useful than the recipes themselves!
The book includes recipes for:
- waffles, pancakes, french toast
- other breakfast goodies
- dips, fillings, spreads
- soups, stews
- salads (mostly pasta and grain salads)
- ideas for lunchbox main dishes
- sweet snacks
- extras (breads, crackers, etc. and even applesauce)
Putting aside the fact that you can get this ebook for free, the reason I gave it 2 stars is because I'm not at all interested in going vegetarian, nor do I need to avoid gluten or lactose, while I have minimal allergy issues. Although the collection covers "normal" cooking as well, it's still mostly geared towards cooks with special needs; I doubt I'll be able to use even 10% of the recipes.
Still, I'm willing to stop gripping about throwing away $3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This uses too many unusual item for the recipes--at least they are not common in the Midwest. Some would be hard to buy in grocery stores in NEbraska. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Rag
Great and easy healthy recipes. Have made the pb banana muffins and kubuta chocolate treats so far and the family loves them!Published 1 month ago by G. K.
Not a huge fan. Seemed out dated There were a few recipes I liked.Published 3 months ago by puzzle mom
Thank you for excellent service and support to get right product within right time having a excellent competitive price/cost.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Nice recipes but they are not quite as quickly made as I would hope. Still a very nice recipe idea book.Published 3 months ago by TommieJ
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Children's Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Other Diets
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Healthy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living