+ $3.98 shipping
& FREE Shipping. Details
Select items for an Amazon Gift Card
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- ART OF FIGHTING - The first game in SNK's second fighting-game franchise, set in the same universe as FATAL FURY.
- BASEBALL STARS 2 - The sequel to SNK's popular baseball arcade game.
- BURNING FIGHT - New York detectives battle organized crime in this fighter.
- FATAL FURY - First released in 1991, FATAL FURY introduced the two-plane fighting system.
- KING OF FIGHTERS '94 - The first game in the popular KING OF FIGHTERS series
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Celebrate the history of SNK with the ultimate collection of arcade classic hits. 16 NEOGEO games on one disc for your Sony PS2 console. It's a comprehensive stack of popular SNK games. It's a must-have addition to any arcade fan's collection! Re-Live the classics of gaming in these amazing titles from SNK. The list of classics are Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight, Fatal Fury, KOF94, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Shodown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super SIdekicks3, Top Hunter, and World Heroes.And you dont even need a roll of quarters!
SNK ARCADE CLASSICS: VOLUME 1 will include the following SNK games:
- ART OF FIGHTING The first game in SNKs second fighting-game franchise, set in the same universe as FATAL FURY. It was the first fighting game by SNK to feature the character designs of former SNK illustrator Shinkiro, who would go on to do the character designs for the later Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters games.
- BASEBALL STARS 2 The sequel to SNKs popular baseball arcade game. Players can create leagues of up to 125 games (6 teams playing each other 25 times) and view statistics such as League Standings, Average, Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Earned Run Average, Wins and Saves. Players can fire players and upgrade them using the same 15-point system introduced in the original Baseball Stars.
- BURNING FIGHT New York detectives battle organized crime in this fighter. Duke and Billy, two popular and renowned New York City Police detectives, are hot on the trail of a dangerous Japanese crime syndicate. Their investigation has led them to the mean streets of Japan where they meet a police officer and martial arts expert named Ryu. Ryu agrees to join the NYPD detectives as they track down the crime syndicate bosses and end their reign of terror once and for all.
- FATAL FURY First released in 1991, FATAL FURY introduced the two-plane fighting system. The main fighting game feature that the original Fatal Fury was known for was the two-plane system. Characters would fight from two different planes, and by stepping between the planes, attacks could be dodged with ease.
- KING OF FIGHTERS 94 The first game in the popular KING OF FIGHTERS series. King of Fighters '94 introduces the series' signature 3-man team system. Instead of a simple one-on-one, two round fight system, a player chooses a team of three characters, then determines the order to play them in. Each fight consists of up to 5 rounds, and each round ends when one of the two fighters is knocked out; the remaining fighter stays and faces the opponent's next character. A fight is won when one of the two players loses the last of their three fighters.
- KING OF THE MONSTERS In KING OF THE MONSTERS, giant monsters fight for power in epic battles. Players get to choose any one of six monsters (four in the ports) for battle, and two players can join forces to fight the monsters together. Battles end when one of the monsters is pinned for a three count or if time expires (in which case the player loses).
- LAST RESORT A challenging futuristic shooter. The gameplay was heavily inspired by R-Type and its system of pod attached to the player's ship. Its first level remained memorable for its homage to the futuristic Neo-Tokyo depicted in the anime Akira.
- MAGICIAN LORD Players help the wizard Elta save his homeworld in this platformer. The player controls the wizard Elta, the last magician lord, on his quest to save his homeland from the evil Gul-Agieze who plans to resurrect the god of destruction using eight tomes of mystical power. As Elta the player must battle through eight levels to find each of the tomes before he can reach the final battle and seal away the evil god once again.
- METAL SLUG This run-and-gun side-scroller was the first in the popular series. Its widely known for its sense of humor, extremely fluid hand-drawn animation, and fast paced two-player action.
- NEO TURF MASTERS A golf game which debuted on the Neo Geo Pocket Color in 1999. The game included a VS mode and three single player modes, as well as having six players to choose from. You played in one of three countries, USA, Japan and Germany.
- SAMURAI SHODOWN Set in the 18th century, SAMURAI SHODOWN features bladed-weapon combat and an international cast of characters.
- SENGOKU In SENGOKU, players face off against undead feudal Japanese armies.
- SHOCK TROOPERS In this run-and-gun adventure, players save a scientist and his granddaughter from the Bloody Scorpions.
- SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 A soccer game featuring teams from all over the world.
- TOP HUNTER Bounty hunters protect colonists from space pirates in this futuristic action game.
- WORLD HEROES This classic fighter pits players against historical figures in a tournament enabled by time travel.
"With 16 of our most beloved games, SNK ARCADE CLASSICS: VOLUME 1 is a must-have addition to any arcade fans collection," said Ben Herman, president of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION. "Its the most comprehensive SNK compilation to date."
Top Customer Reviews
Well we all waited for it.
Looked to be amazing!
It fails on many many levels.
The good news first.
You get 15 games!
Neat intro and the design is pretty cool overall.
The bad news......yikes.
Every game on here is busted. There is either slowdown up the wazoo(KOF94) or there is this weird almost video refresh problem(fire up Magician Lord to see it really go nuts)
Samurai Showdown has the blood but the sound is jacked up big time.
ShockTroopers is the 1 man rom.
Baseball Stars 2 runs almost perfect but they still messed this up. Its a strange version of the ROM where all of the teams have different names(Korean or Euro I am guessing)
The save option takes about 10-12 seconds everytime you change an option.
I cant believe how bad the emulation is on this.
I think they tried a little too hard to copy the way the Capcom Collections are and that "backend" is eating up too much resources and the games themselves are suffering.
Overall yeah it was only $[...] US but I really didnt expect the games to run and look like crap on here when all of the previous collections run perfect(minus Metal Slug Collection).
Besides the overpriced ahead of its time technology they tried selling in 10 stores total worldwide back in the 1990's,
SNK was always a stigma for being the poor man's Konami & Capcom combined, but it didn't mean they wouldn't have a few SNK hits once in a while.
IMO, this is the best compilation you can buy for any system. 16 games isn't as much as 20 or 22 like some other compilations out there,
but when at least 10 of these games 'still got it' , the diversity of the title selection, & just how good looking these games are today compared to other 80s and 90s hits that didn't age so well, you have to check this out for yourself. These guys weren't cheap. Quality games, wish they had added King of the Monsters 2, & some other fighters, but overall will not disappoint. Baseball Stars is fun baseball, not much of that nowadays in gaming. unless you go for The Show, which, i don't. Change the difficulty if you need to here, & take a trip through time with underground hits like King of the Monsters, Shock Troopers, Fatal Fury, & more.
Even has some wannabe ps3 achievements waiting for you to beat, to unlock the cheese that is 'World Heroes' another SF alternative. Fun times, trust