Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on December 18, 2012
Every so often the universe decides to remind me how thin and puny my hair really is. It's plenty long--almost mid-back--but it still doesn't fill up this bun maker. The device itself is fine and a great price. I can see how this would provide excellently secure buns for people with hair of normal thickness, but it just doesn't hold my hair in place. Because my hair doesn't fill up the middle section (which is bigger than it may appear in photos), it doesn't roll and wrap tightly, and therefore the tool doesn't stay in place once the ends are hooked together. I don't fault the bun maker, though. If I had fuller hair this would be a great accessory for me, like it is for others.
on March 17, 2014
8"L, 1 3/8"W outside, 5.25"L, .75"W inside opening, gives you about 2.5" diameter when hooked together. if you have really poofy thick hair, maybe, but i can't see it. i have fine hair but a lot of it, medium-large thick size ponytail that spans back in length but this is just a big no for me. for it's intended purpose my hair slips out, can't be rolled (maybe too long for it?) & it certainly does not hold at "hooks" that just pop/slide free. i bought it just to try as an alternative to elastic hair ties, hoping to wrap it around ponytail & clasp it, but plastic is slightly too rigid for that, also too long in length to wrap once and not long enough/too stiff to do twice, plus hooks would NEVER hold. i'll stick with my pulleez. imo i wouldn't waste your time or money with this one~ only $5, but it's $5 in the trash.
on March 13, 2013
I have purchased similar items at walmart for more then 3.00 not even made of the durable plastic that this one is made of!! I just ordered 2 more so I wont be without
on November 10, 2012
This item took about a month to arrive, which is expected because it had to ship from China.

The quality of the item is the same as something that you would pay about five bucks or more for, but be warned that the instructions are in Chinese.
It's simple to use though, just put your hair in the center and roll your hair around it, surprisingly enough it stays in place too.

The plastic nature of the item makes it somewhat stiff and clumsy to use, it can be a struggle especially if your hair is long and thick like mine, that's why I gave it only four stars.
on July 10, 2015
I tried this on my hair, long layered. Didnt work like I thought it would. But does work on my niece who has all one length! She swiped it from me and uses it all the time
on February 7, 2013
My hair is really thick and a little longer than shoulder length (probably to the top of my bra strap) and it can get a bit difficult to wrap all of my hair in this but it is definitely secure and comes in handy for those lazy days at work or for just working around the house. In my opinion it holds my hair better than most pony tail holders as far as not getting lose.
on March 26, 2013
With very few attempts to use this hair bun tool, it makes a perfect bun! And the more I use it, the better I get at it. I will tell you it works best on long hair that is all the same length. I gave one to a friend who has layered hair, and she does have to use a hair pin or two, but it still works well. I would happily recommend this tool to anyone.
on September 3, 2015
My absolutely favorite hair tool to quickly fix up your hair to go in a hurry. Your hair should be shoulder length or longer. Any shorter and you better skip this.
on December 16, 2013
This clip is awesome in concept, but the hooks didn't lay flat for me, and when I did figure out how to clasp them in such a way that they would lay flat, they just slid right apart. I could easily be using it wrong, but I'll be sticking with the classic/basic sock bun.
on May 7, 2013
I have tried differant ways to use this and still can not get it to work. There have been 3 other ladies who have the same problems as I have. Hair always looks bunched and sloppy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.