Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
SOG Folding Knife Pocket Knife – “Twitch II” TWI17-CP Spring Assisted Knife with 2.65” Stainless Steel Knife Blade + Rosewood Pocket Knife Handle
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2.65” AUS-8 STAINLESS STEEL KNIFE BLADE: At 3.55” in closed length, SOG Twitch II ultra sharp knives are discreet, durable pocket knives for men or pocket knives for women; a superior value
- SOG ASSISTED TECH (S.A.T.): One of the fastest spring assisted knife systems ever; straight edge clip knife opens one-handed and makes a great everyday carry, camping knife and hunting knife
- COMES WITH A “KICK”: Flick the “kick” with a finger on the back of the Twitch II and the folding knife springs into action; a fast opening knife with either hand using very little pressure
- PURE ROSEWOOD HANDLE: Enjoy the warmth and beautiful aging of real wood, unlike with other value-priced utility knives, camping knives and survival knives
- SOG KNIVES FOR LIFE: Take care of your pocket knife and we’ll take care of you; SOG folding knives and pocket knives are built to last, and we consider all repair and replacement requests
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
A twitch of your finger or thumb is all that you need. The Twitch features a pass-through lock bar from which the "kick" of the blade sticks through. By pressing on the "kick", one is able to initiate the opening of the blade. SOG Assisted Opening Technology then takes over to assist the full opening and solid lock up of the knife. Blades are made of AUS 8 stainless steel hardened to 57-58HRC. Includes pocket clip. Covered under SOG's lifetime warranty. Handles are made of anodized 6061-T6 aluminum with a graphite or black finish.
Item Display Weight: 0.3 Pounds
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a knife collector, this one is in my daily rotation for dressier days at the office. It looks professional and is not intimidating or "tactical"-looking, but it is also perfectly functional for a wide variety of tasks.
I've seen reviews with complaints about blade play or wiggle. Mine has none. Most of the reviewers who've taken the time to try to correct that have done so by tightening the main pivot screw, and have failed to resolve the issue. This is because of the unique pass-through lockback design of this knife. The flipper passes through a split portion of the lockbar when the knife is closed, which requires the lockbar to be wider than the blade for proper function with this blade/flipper design. Tightening the pivot screw will increase pressure on the lockbar before it tightens the blade enough to prevent any play or wiggle. The appropriate way to correct play or wiggle on this design is to ensure that the locking surface on the blade is mating with the lockbar properly. This may be correctable with simple hand tools or may require service from SOG. Again, the lockup on my unit was perfect when I bought it and has remained that way, but I can see by the way the mechanism is designed how it could be a problem if these two surfaces do not mate up properly.
The loose blade issue others have noted is not a pivot tightening issue but a shimming issue. The loose tolerance is likely for one of two reasons. 1. it allows the assisted opening to work even if poorly cared for and.or it get dirty in the "field". 2. The cost to accurately shim each blade to each handle was not cost effective for the price point of the knife.
The safety switch is unnecessary and can be activated inadvertently so I put a drop of super glue to hold it in the off position. I love the look of the rosewood sides, however they are very smooth and slippery. I removed the top coat finish and that improved the grip.
The full flat ground blade is very sharp. The blade deploys quite easily and quickly with the flipper, but deployment by thumb stud is difficult. Despite my criticisms, there is no other knife I would rather have for EDC.
This model is offered with a variety of handle materials. Do yourself a favor, buy this one, with the wood grips. You deserve a pocket knife that is as beautiful as it is functional. Plastic fades and cracks. Metal gets dull and just looks used up over time. Wood gets stained, and worn, and scuffed, but that just adds to its character. Nobody ever handed down some plastic-handled Walmart special to their kid.