|Item Weight||0.32 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 3 x 0.2 inches|
|Item model number||KEY-101|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Blade Length||1.5 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
SOG Key Folding Knife KEY-101 - 1.5" Blade, Black Stainless Steel Handle
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.01. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$3.02 (27%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Blade smartly hidden in a key shaped handle
- Lock back with handle the size and shape of
- Great for everyday carry on a keychain
- Key chain tool conceals a compact blade in the size of a standard house key so you are always prepared
- Straight edge, folding 1.5-inch stainless steel blade has a drop point shape with a hard cased black finish
- Lockback provides additional safety while the knife's in the open position
- Black key handle is made of stainless steel that's shaped like a house key
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
Find the perfect gift for the tools professionals and DIYers in your life Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
SOG Specialty Knives & Tools Key Knife
We have a saying that the best knife is the one that you have with you! Always be prepared with the new Key knife. This is the first lockback of its kind. Open up your awareness. We love the fact that sometimes we wish we had a knife to clean our fingers, cut a rope, open a box, sever a thread. Now we do…. always. Our new key knife just might save the day, unless of course you lock it in the trunk.
|Product Type||Folding Knife|
|Blade Shape||Drop Point|
|Handle Material||Stainless Steel|
|Product Weight||0.70 oz|
|Country of Origin||Taiwan|
|Blade Steel Type||5Cr13MoV|
We have a saying that the best knife is the one that you have with you! always be prepared with the new key knife. This is the first lock back of its kind. Open up your awareness. We love the fact that sometimes we wish we had a knife to clean our fingers, cut a rope, open a box, sever a thread. Now we do.. always. Our new key knife just might save the day, unless of course you lock it in the trunk.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Real SOG knife:
- Fairly sharp blade out of the box
- Easy and smooth open and close
- Spring assisted closure very snappy and rigid
- ZERO play in the blade when open and latched
- Blade is straight as an arrow
- Arrived in 5 days
- Overall: obvious precision, attention to detail, and quality craftsmanship, worth every penny
Fake SOG knife:
- Blade dull as a spoon out of the BAGGIE
- Blade would not release to close without pliers.. then wouldn't latch open for a while
- Not sure if there is a mechanism to keep this closed at all
- Blade wobbles about .125" when open and latched
- Blade obviously curved to one side
- Shipped in ...5 weeks
- Overall: cheap, sort-of works after some tweaks and a lot of sharpening, not worth the time, effort, or money
EDIT 1: I have since browsed sogknives.com and found the actual SOG key knife. I ordered it for about $19 after shipping. I'll post a picture and review of both of these knives side-by-side when the real SOG knife gets here.
ORIGINAL REVIEW: What a piece of garbage. First of all, It took over 5 weeks to get here. Was this shipped by bicycle or what? Second, the blade was as dull as a spoon and also very noticeably warped! After a considerable amount of sharpening, it actually feels like a knife. Third, the blade lock got stuck after the very first time I opened it. I had to use a pair of pliers to release it. Then, it wouldn't lock for the next 10 minutes. I could have bought a better knife at harbor freight. $5 for this piece of junk? It's worth about $1 from a gas station clearance rack. The only reason it's still on my key chain is because I sharpened it to be sharper than my keys.
Experience: I've dabbled with knives but am in no way an expert. I wanted something handy to have when I was out and about. Have had product for a couple of months.
Summary: The product itself was a bit too bulky/heavy for my liking. I expected something "on the go" and "handy" to be a bit lighter and take up less space on my keychain, but I think that goes to its quality. Quality is fantastic. I've used a few times and it did its job well. The blade was extremely sharp out of the package and had a great tip. Easy to use and kind of blends well with my other keys if you don't look too closely. I would recommend.