Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally assembled?
- Have an expert assemble your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your assembled product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Elliptical trainer with heavy 27-pound flywheel for smooth performance
- Power incline feature adds resistance while targeting different muscle groups
- Vibrant 7.5-inch blue LCD display tracks time, distance, calories, resistance. incline, pulse, and pace
- Integrated sound system; oversized, custom-designed foot pedals
- Built-in cooling fans; 375-pound capacity; 200-pound product weight
- Footprint measures 82 by 27 inches
- Features ten programs; pedals adjust to ten positions
- Warranty: Lifetime on frame, five years on parts and electronics, two years on labor
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The E55's console includes a vibrant LCD display and an integrated sound system.
The E55 makes it easy to track your workout progress via the vibrant 7.5-inch blue LCD display, which includes windows for resistance, incline, time, distance, calories burned, pulse, and pace. The console also offers a number of handy amenities, including built-in speakers for listening to your iPod or MP3 player, built-in cooling fans, and a water bottle holder.
The E55 comes complete with two heart-rate-controlled workout options, so you can customize the workout specifically to your needs. Throughout your HR workout, the elliptical will display a heart rate zone graph on the console while adjusting the resistance to keep you in your target zone (the trainer includes a wireless chest strap that touts a 99.9 percent accuracy rating).
The E55 offers an adjustable pedals so that you can angle the pedal from heel-to-toe for a comfortable feel.
To encourage a more comfortable workout, Sole added oversized, custom-designed foot pedals to the E55. Designed in collaboration with a leading physical therapist and sports enthusiast, the pedals feature a 2-degree inward slope, helping reduce the ankle and knee stress that's common in other elliptical machines. This collaboration also produced a revolutionary foot pedal adjustment system not found on any other elliptical brand. Sole knows that not everyone walks the same way, so the company's engineers designed the E55 to adjust to your gait via a dial mechanism. This allows you to set the pedal angle from heel to toe, with 10 total choices. The feature also reduces the numb toe effects and sore Achilles tendons common on other elliptical machines.
Additional features include a pair of stationary handlebars with built-in pulse sensors; adjustable incline and resistance controls built into the arms; and 20 resistance levels.
- Flywheel: 27 pounds
- Front drive: Yes
- Stride length: 20 inches
- Resistance type: Eddy Current Braking
- Resistance levels: 20
- Adjustable pedals: Yes, 10 positions
- Upper body: Yes
- Handgrip: Standard
- HGP: Yes
- Telemetry belt: Yes
- Heart rate control: Yes
- Power incline: Yes
- Display: 7.5-inch blue backlit LCD
- Data: Time, distance, calories, resistance levels, incline, pulse, pace
- Profile matrix: Yes
- Standard programs: 6
- User-defined programs: 2
- Heart rate programs: 2, with chest strap
- Built-in cooling fans: Yes
- Water bottle/accessory holders: Yes
- Maximum Capacity: 375 pounds
- Product Weight: 200 pounds
Lifetime on frame; 5 years on parts and electronics; 2 years on labor
About Sole Elliptical Trainers
The perfect elliptical trainer should
- Convenient Controls: Adjustable incline and resistance controls built into the arms make it easy to change your workout without ever moving your hands.
- Adjustable Foot Pedals: These unique foot pedals were developed in collaboration with a leading physical therapist. Together, with Sole engineers, a design was created featuring a 2-degree inward slope to the foot pedals to help reduce ankle and knee stress common in other elliptical machines. This collaboration produced a revolutionary foot pedal angle adjustment not found on any other elliptical at any price. Not everyone walks the same way; so for this reason Sole has made the pedals adjustable to fit the way you walk. This feature also reduces the numb toe effect and sore Achilles tendons.
- Smooth Whisper Drive System: Smooth natural motion is provided by a whisper quiet drive system. The combination of a heavy flywheel and a high gear ratio means an easy feel with plenty of resistance that will provide a challenging workout with the smoothest motion on the market.
- Sound System: Sole has an integrated sound system with MP3 player compatible sound cord which enables you to play any audio device with a headphone jack to play through the elliptical trainer's speakers.
Top customer reviews
The initial installation was fairly easy for someone who is mechanically inclined. It includes some set-up tools, but using my professional grade wrenches and ratchets made it easier. I actually drug this up the stairs at my house by myself, though I would not recommend that to anyone else, in pieces to assemble upstairs where it would be used. Assembly was 2-3 hours taking my time and reading all the instructions.
The machine has worked very well. After its first few hours use, it did develop some noise, which I quickly remedied by identifying the noise location and tightening some bolts. One note is that because of the way the unit is solidly built, the noise may appear to be coming from someplace it is not. Since that, the unit has been rock solid for us and very useful. It operates very quietly and smoothly.
My only gripe was with the delivery. The delivery company sent one older gentleman to deliver it to my house in the back of his van. I was able to get it inside with a little help from him, but if my wife had been at home there is no way he could have gotten it in our house by himself.
The reason for 4-stars rather than 5 was customer service. The left arm's buttons to adjust the incline had a deep gash in it about an inch long when it was delivered. I requested three times (two emails and one phone call) for a replacement. The emails were never responded to and the rep requested I call back at another time (I forget the reason why). But I just gave up since the buttons still functioned and it is too high on the handle that I am not grabbing it. Otherwise, I would recommend this elliptical.
The problem wasn't a big deal. But I feel like, for the money, it's too soon to be having problems. Otherwise, I'd say this thing is great. My wife and I both use it a lot. It's heavy, and seems well built (aside from the noise issue).
As for workout intensity, there are twenty levels, 1 being lowest and 20 being hardest. I've read some complaints that settings are too "easy." At lower levels I'd agree. I'm already in pretty decent shape, so the bottom 15 or so aren't really a challenge. Let me tell you though, the top 5 are each a big step up. Also, you can adjust the incline to increase the difficulty. While I'm no Lance Armstrong, I'm in pretty decent shape. This machine can provide an ample workout for me, and I suspect the same is true for most people. Basically, this machine allows for an ample curve of fitness levels. If this machine is too easy for someone, my guess would be that that person had to cancel an Olympic appearance to make time to write the review. ;-)
Would I buy it again? Well, I'm a little annoyed by having to deal with the noise issue, but overall I'm satisfied - so yes.