SONOS PLAY:3 Smart Speaker for Streaming Music (White) (Certified Refurbished)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Tested and certified by Sonos to look and work like-new
- Backed by Sonos 1-year warranty
- Uses your Wi-Fi - easy to set-up and expand your system over time
- Three custom designed drivers with dedicated amplifiers
- Control all of your music and streaming services, from a single app
This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look and work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, reconditioning and repackaging. The product ships with relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic white or brown box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon. See all Certified Refurbished on Amazon
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
Sonos PLAY:3 | Immersive HiFi Sound. Serious Room-Filling Power.
Two Mid-Range Drivers and One Tweeter, Each with A Dedicated Amp, And A Bass Radiator
The PLAY:3 provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room-filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home. A bass radiator produces powerful low notes while two mid-range drivers and one tweeter fill out the sound. Go vertical, go horizontal, hide it on a shelf, or mount it on the wall.
Start with any Sonos speaker and start streaming your favorite music. Continue to add as many Sonos speakers as you want throughout your home, wirelessly.
- Two custom-designed drivers with dedicated amplifiers.
- Trueplay tuning delivers sound that's true to the music and right for the room.
- Control all your music and streaming services from a single app.
- Uses your WiFi. Easy to set up and expand your system over time.
- Designed to withstand high-humidity.
This is Sonos
The Smart Speaker System
Sonos speakers combine built-in sensors and smart software to make your listening experience easy. Every speaker is simple to set up, no technical skills needed. Regular software updates with new features and services make sure your speakers just keep getting smarter, for as long as you own them.
Sound You Can Feel
Sonos speakers are built to fill your home with pure, immersive sound. With Trueplay, every song you've ever loved, or ever will, becomes a richer listening experience. Fresh sonic details emerge. You hear all your favorites, old and new, in more dynamic and vivid ways. And connect with your music on a deeper, more intense level.
One App Does It All
The free Sonos app gathers all your favorite music and streaming services together in one place. Use your smartphone or tablet to quickly find the songs you love on your streaming services or in your own digital library, then choose the rooms where you want to listen and control all the playback settings on a room-by-room basis.
All Your Music, In Any Room
Play a different song in the living room, bedroom, even bathroom, or the same track in every room. Access your personal music library. Stream Apple Music, Prime Music, or other music services, and over 100,000 Internet radio stations from around the world. The Sonos app lets you find, play, control, and explore your music, your way.
Wirelessly stream your entire music library, favorite music services, and thousands of radio stations to any room. Place the SONOS PLAY:3 Wireless Hi-Fi System vertically or horizontally, mount it on a wall or hide on a shelf. Set up simply, and expand until every room in your home is packed with music. Control the SONOS PLAY:3 Wireless with free apps for your phone, tablet, and computer.
Top Customer Reviews
First of all ... setup is ridiculously easy. Literally took me 10 minutes to setup a Play3 and a Play1, download the app to my iPad and have music streaming through my home. And when I downloaded the app to my iPhone later, it found my Sonos system, connected, and brought me right to the playlist I had paused.
Secondly, the sound is amazing. I have a reasonably expensive blue tooth speaker (I won't say which one) that is good, but this blows away. My wife, not a music buff at all, simply replied "wow" when she walked into the family room.
Third, quality is exceptional. Even just the feel of the speakers.
Fourth, some have complained about the proprietary nature of the system, but I easily connected to the 4 music sources I cared about, Apple Music, Pandora, Sirius, and the music on my iPad.
Fifth ... the app is very good. The ability to have the speakers work in groups, or individually, and to control the sound differently (I have it a little louder in the family room than the dining room) is perfect.
Upside: for my aging parents the app is wonderful. They don't have to go hunting through menus and apps to find thier music. With the Sonos app everything is unified into a simple menu. They have learned how to create play lists and the whole setup is really full proof when it comes to streaming years of music they have collected.
This is not like a Bluetooth speaker. You cannot connect to the speaker directly. You must connect through a wireless access point and then to the speaker through the app. Like everything, there are hacks and apps that supposedly alow you to watch YouTube videos and whatnot. However, out of the box, this speaker is not for that. This is meant as a good listening experience for music. I won't knock off a star for this since the speaker is not advertised as anything else, just know going in, it's a closed system that does what it's supposed to very well.
If I were to purchase one for myself I would go with the Sonos 5. My rooms are a bit larger and the 3 seemed to struggle to fill them with sound. For a small room or bedroom the 3 seems to do a good job.
1) Awesome stereo sound from a single unit
2) The Sonos app is pretty amazing. You can stream multiple music sources to multiple destinations. You can really manage your music from a single device.
3) Being a wifi device, it's not just an extension of your phone or ipod or whatever you are using. Think of it more like a speaker on your computer. This is way better than Bluetooth in that you have a ton of control over what comes out of it.
4) It can be used with the Sonos soundbar as surround sound for your TV.
5) Truly shines when in a Sonos eco-system. My use case is that I'm using this one upstairs in my TV room and bedroom, a SONOS AMP for the ceiling speakers downstairs, and a sound bar for the main room TV. During parties, I pipe EDM to the living room speakers and TV room sound bar and chill trip-hop upstairs.
1) Price. Holy hell are these things expensive! For less cost, you can get a comparable speaker in terms of quality. You won't get the SONOS app though.
2) There is no Aux jack. I find this stupid. I've seen tons of pissed off customers complaining about the same thing. Have a guest who wants to play their music? Too bad. They have to install the SONOS app. Want an AUX jack? Pay the $500 for the next step up (Play 5).
3) As a standalone speaker, there's really no need for a SONOS. You can do a Google Chromecast for Audio with a small amp and decent speakers for about $100. If you are not using multiple SONOS devices, it's way overpriced.
4) Depending on the setup of your house, if you lose wifi signal, you lose your music. My place is all ICF (Concrete basically) and I can't get reach to the backyard without a BOOST. Even with windows open, the signal is blocked by the ICF enough that I get no music.
Overall, I love the product. I wish it was a little more affordable, but so be it :) It works really well when you have more than one, but then you are in for over $600. It's great for entertaining and has amazing sound.