Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on May 21, 2014
After waiting several months to find it in stock, I've finally added the SONOS sub to my growing SONOS collection. The convenience of the SONOS setup trumps any of it's minor shortfalls.
As for the sub itself, it fills out my main Play 5 beautifully. Setup is simple and easily adjustable to taste, some will want to kick up the low end if they're into modern productions, classical people not so much.
The low end produced is fairly clean and tight up to certain levels. Amazing for it's compact size but it's not the pure low end room-hogging mondo subs produce. If you throw dub parties out by the pool it might not do it for you.
My main SONOS setup is in a large room- about 1400 sq feet with 18 foot cathedral ceilings. The Sub and Play 5 fill the room with plenty of sound- if you're looking for shake-the-building, live concert volumes in larger rooms this won't do it. It does however fill the sonic spectrum with enough power to feel the low end at decent spl's in this large of a room. I would gather that the system would totally rock an average to smaller room.
on May 16, 2014
I wasn't sure I needed the sub when I invested in the sound bar. After reading the reviews I decided to purchase it. When I say it's 100% better! it is. Very pricey for both but worth every penny. Not only the sound but the ease of the sonos app is incredible. Everyone I show ends up purchasing it.
on November 21, 2015
The ultimate compliment to the sound bar. I had the sound bar for about a month before the sub and adding the sub made an incredible difference. The bass is tight and the design makes the unit very discreet. I added 2 play 1s for surround sound in my living room and love it. My TV placement (corner of the room) made a traditional setup almost impossible but the SONOS playbar, sub, and Play 1s work perfectly. When I select all speakers (play 3 in my bar, play 1 in my office, 2 play 3s in my kitchen, 2 play 1s setup in stereo mode in my master bedroom, play 1 in guest room, play 1 in kids bedrooms, play 5 in the garage and 4 outdoor speakers on my patio powered by a connect amp) the sub provides a low end that really makes the whole system pop. Regardless of your SONOS setup the sub will make a huge difference in how you experience the sound.
on June 18, 2015
It's quite astounding what sound quality you can get from a stereo pair of Play1's bonded to a Sub! For anyone considering Sonos, I would recommend a starter pair of Play 1's (about $350 under current promotional discount). Experiment with playing them in separate rooms and then creating a stereo pair in a single room (all very easy to configure with the Sonos software). I predict you will love both the mono and stereo experiences. You could stop right there and be happy for a long time. Bass is more than good enough for a small system. But I became so enamored of the Sonos solution that I simply had to hear its full potential. Enter the Sub. The price was a hard pill to swallow, I admit, but I reasoned I would simply return the Sub if I regretted my purchase. I'm here to tell ya, no regrets! As happy as I was before, I am now thrilled with the high end sound filling my living room. Despite the price, the quality exceeded my expectations.
on April 11, 2014
I picked up my first pair of Play1s approximately a month ago and now I'm nearly $3,000 deep into the Sonos universe. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. This is by far and away the simplest speaker system to setup and maintain.

The Sonos Sub is a fantastic addition to the full Sonos system. I currently have it paired with a Play5 and two Play1s for an incredible range of sound throughout a 1,000 square foot room. I never found the Play5 to be that great for bass (the Play1s surprisingly are really good), but the Sub changes everything. I couldn't be more happy with the addition.

Next up, Sonos Playbar + Sonos Sub + Play1 pair as surround.
on May 9, 2013
I have four play 5's and a sub for my dental office. It definitely adds a wow factor to the ambience of the five treatment rooms because great sounding music makes my staff and I happy. Of course, there is nothing more that patient's want than a happy dentist when they say ahhhh! For longer procedures, I let them choose the music, and that adds a "wow" factor to their treatment. After investigating many sound systems on the web, I am glad that invested in the SONOS sound systems.
on March 16, 2014
For its size and ease of use it is absolutely fantastic. Are there louder subs, sure. But as one would expect from sonos this sub rocks. It shakes bedroom doors and rattles kitchen cabinets without much effort. Integrates seamlessly with other sonos gear and is easy to swap rooms its attached too. I have owned car audio subs that you could hear from blocks aways, boy were those the days. This is not as loud by any means but the quality is on par with any sub on the market, pairs perfectly with p1,3 or 5's. I have a few amps but have yet to test it with those, though i expect it to be as perfect as it is with all the others.
on April 16, 2014
Ive become a Sonos fanboy. I got the playbar and liked that a LOT, but wanted more rumbling bass so I got this. Yes. it's a LOT of money for these 2, but I feel like I will still be using these same speakers in 10 years. You can feel and hear the quality.
on December 20, 2015
This is great sound... incredible really. I will say... Sonos support, if you need it, is pretty amazing as well. We've had some connctivity issues, but not due to Sonos, it was a modem/comcast issue, but Sonos was amazing. Obviously not cheap, and I don't have much to compare to but it really enhances the sound.
on May 3, 2014
I bought 2 Sonos Playbars with 2 fixed brackets known as low-profile wall mounts ABOVE TV standing above cabinet fireplace w Sonos Sub Woofers away from same wall..Phenomenal full room sound was achieved. It's part of a multiroom Sonos speaker system throughout the house. A completely satisfied investment well worth the money. TV, Sirius XM, and personal record/cd collections all works incredibly. The envy of all my DJ friends. Worth every penny.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.