Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SONR Labs Speaker Dock for Android
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on June 11, 2012
I bought this dock because it was the only one for Android, except for bluetooth which I don't feel like ever works right. I've been really happy with it so far - setup is super easy, sound quality and volume are great, plus it charges my phone while I use it. The remote is useful - works with Pandora and my mp3s. Overall, very happy with the purchase.
on June 12, 2012
Dock works great with my Samsung Galaxy phone. But most importantly it's a plug in interface with no Bluetooth hassles of pairing, interference etc. Great product.
on July 14, 2012
When the Android Docking Speaker first arrived I was very excited. There aren't many docking stations/speakers for Android. I've never had an iphone and am using this Android phone only on wifi, much like an ipod. I spent some time shopping online and in a local Best Buy (too bad I was completely ignored there - or rather, good thing, because I later found this system).

I will be honest, at first I found it to be a disappointing amalgamation of three separate and available products: a small speaker system, a headphone cable, and a micro-usb charger. I thought (and expressed to the CEO of the maker) that it was disappointing that it didn't seem suited more specifically for the Android. I mean, couldn't anyone put these 3 things together?

Then, I downloaded the free SONR app and began using the remote control. That little add-on has changed my perspective completely. Now, I love this device!

I have to go to the device once to turn it on and select a station on Pandora, then I can control the volume, pause and play, and advance to the next song from my desk without getting up. If I want to change stations, sure, I have to go back to the device. But that's not a big deal.

If I put together a speaker system, a headphone cable, and a charger, I would have to get up and go to it every time my phone rings (to adjust or mute the volume or pause the song), or every time I want to a advance to the next song. So, it might be appropriate to say I love the app. But the app came with the device. I am enjoying the entire package.

It has a good sound. It's not going to rock your whole house or play on your patio for that pool party, but for your office, bedroom, kitchen, living room - it's definitely adequate.
on June 12, 2012
Very needed product - A dead simple Android plug in speaker dock with strong fidelity for the price Why has this taken so long? App works fine and pretty intuitive.. the wires are a bit gangly, but I guess it needs to accommodate lots of different Android phone configurations. Recommended.
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
UPDATE: After reading some of the reviews, I came across one saying they were having issues using this device with a Samsung Galaxy S2, so I thought I'd add that it is the same device I have. I don't know if not all Galaxy S2's work with it, or if it was something that affected only that person, but I never had any problems using this unit with my phone, nor with my Galaxy Tab 2.0.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Or maybe I should say simply awesome! Out of the box, plug into the electrical outlet, use jacks attached to device to connect it to Android device, then just start the app you use to play music on your device. The music will start playing on the powerful speaker right away.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the sound quality! If you turn the volume all the way up, it's pretty loud. And it sounds great, no distortions. Downloading the app was a breeze, although I wish the app was available at the Amazon app store, since some of my devices don't have access to Google Play. :( At any rate, once I downloaded the app, it made the remote and the controls on the dock function right away. Well, that is, as soon as I realized that I had to pull the plastic tab to get battery contact on the remote.

So, here are the pros and cons:

Pros

- Incredibly easy to set up and use.
- Great sound.
- Made for Android and not iPhone, iPod, etc. And this is a biggie, since I was getting annoyed that I could only find docks for the Apple stuff.
- Sleek and non-intrusive look.
- Light weight and small enough so it's easy to carry it around.

Cons

- App not available at the Amazon app store.
- Has to be plugged into electrical outlet. If it had a rechargeable battery, it would be much more portable.
- The device needs to be plugged in. It would be nice if it connected wirelessly.
- The price could be a little more affordable. But I'm guessing it will become less expensive once it's been on the market for awhile.

All things considered, I'm in love with this new device and will be buying a few more to spread around the house! :)
on August 8, 2012
I had looked everywhere, and with the very finite exception of a couple of alarm clock/speaker models, I was about to give up my search for finding a great speaker dock for my phone. When I ran across this dock, it had only been out a very short period of time. I was a little reserved about being one of the first to purchase the product, but I have had too many negative experiences with 'other' brands not to give them a chance. With other models I usually had a choice, which was to either add options I did not want, or suffer with lesser sound quality. With this unit, not only can I get well produced sound amplification and a charging dock, but they have added an app, which not only helps improve the user interface by including supported programs within the app, but gives me a remote option to boot. They are currently working on upgrading the app with even more features, which I think will only improve the usage flexibility of the remote options, but still will be nice additions. My favorite features are not just what is there, but what is not. No unnecessary options filling up space and driving up the cost, or subtracting from the main purpose of improved, amplified sound quality. A bonus for me is the nice small size, along with the 'basic' and 'simple' asthetic design. You see it, but it doesn't jump out at you... until you crank it up! I really enjoy this product, and through a few short communications with DI, I believe that the company seems genuinely driven to not just meet, but exceed customer expectations for service, as well.
on July 10, 2012
I work in a biotechnology lab with loud HEPA filters and lots of noisy equipment that prevent me from getting good radio reception.

This docking station works great with my Droid 4, although I have to use the volume control on my phone versus the controls on the unit or its remote. I consider this a small inconvenience.

I am able to choose any station that is available on the Internet and listen through the docking station. I am now tuning in to talk radio all day, which is great since I work alone and it tends to get lonely in my lab.

I will admit that I cannot attest to the quality of the speakers in terms of listening in a quiet room, as I have never tried it. I crank it up as loud as I can so I can hear it above all the noise in my lab.

LOVE IT!
on June 12, 2012
This android speaker dock is killer. The app is smart and doesn't try to force me to use yet another music player but allows me to use ones I already have accounts with like pandora, google music, etc. I love the fact that I get a full charge and don't have to deal with bluetooth and the usb plug-in is perfect. The speakers sound absoluteley awesome. I also like that I can dock in portrait or landscape.
on August 23, 2012
My decision came down to this and the Philips Fidelio docks and I selected the SONR one because of the ability to use the remote control. It was definitely the right choice. The remote works great with Pandora and Rhapsody (in Rhapsody you have to be sure to select "Use Bluetooth Controls" on the settings page). You can change volume, play/pause, and skip between songs on a playlist. You don't have to keep walking across the room to mess with the phone, except to switch between playlists or music programs.

The speaker puts out great sound for the size too, with decent bass. It is definitely big enough sound for a medium sized room.

Another great plus: when I first got the dock I had what I thought was a problem with the SONR app and mentioned it on my initial Amazon review. Someone from the company actually answered my review and offered to help and make sure everything worked well. That was pretty cool. Everything now works great.
88 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2013
After comparing and contrasting many docking stations for Android phones I have also come to the conclusion that someone needs to make a better one. Or make one that is specific to certain Android phones. I purchased this docking station for my boyfriend's parents for their new Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. I hope that it works for them, they're in Canada (we're in California), so we'll have no idea until after Christmas. I did open it up and tried it with my LG Nexus 4 and my boyfriend's Galaxy Nexus. Since its a standard audio jack (on the left) and a standard micro USB (on the right) and the wires can extend quite a bit, it doesn't really matter if your audio and micro USB are in different spots on the phone. Hopefully they are in the right place, otherwise you'll have wires going everywhere. The sound quality is great, if you turn it up all the way on your phone, it is too loud to sit next to. It would fill a medium sized room no problem. You DO have to download the SONR beta app in order to use any of the buttons on the physical docking station, or use the remote. Otherwise you can control your music via your phone. It is compatible with many different music playing apps on your phone, I primarily use Google Music and Pandora. Other options are Google Play Movies & TV, Radio.com, YouTube and Amazon MP3.

I guess my only real complaint is that the cords placement is not aesthetically pleasing for me. Maybe a bluetooth docking station would have been a better choice, but I didn't want the boyfriend's parents to be dealing with interference or connectivity issues. You know how old people are. ;-)