Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Go go SP Gadget arm! The SP POV Pole is just that...giving you the powers of a bionic arm to get unique angles and also film solo adventures. It extends and contracts with a twist lock for your desired distance. It is made to attach directly to your GoPro and has a rubber grip and wrist strap to make sure it doesn't go anywhere while you do.
Compatible with HERO, HERO2, HERO3, HERO3+ and HERO4 cameras
extends up to 19"/36"
direct GoPro® attachment
durable dual-diameter E.V.A. grip
pocket sized & lightweight
adjustable wrist strap
usable in marine/salt water*
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
GoPole reach: [...]
- Comparable in price $54.99 for GoPole vs $49.99 for POV pole
- 25% Heavier than the POV pole. 8 oz vs. 6.4 oz.
- Longer final compressed length, will not fit my back-pack. And my back-pack is already larger than most.
- On my unit, there was a problem with the 3rd section and the mid-section. When I twist to tighten the 3rd section, there is still a bit of slack left at the joint in the lateral direction. This makes the camera rattle a bit when you shake the pole, which is quite annoying. This seems to be a quality control issue. Hence the reason why I returned the unit.
- Wrist strap is attached to the rubber handle and feels cheap and flimsy.
+ The diameter of each of the telescoping tubes are significantly larger, which should make the pole more resistant to bending upon impact (ie. if you happen to fall on it)
+ 4" longer than POV pole (40" vs. 36") However, this does not affect me since I will probably never use it at full extension of 40"
= No need to fully extend each telescoping section in order to lock. So it can be locked at any length you want.
POV Pole 36" GoPro-Edition: [...]
+ $5 cheaper
+ light weight - 6.4 oz.
+ Very compact in the final compressed length. FIts any regular sized back-pack
+ Solid construction. Solid aluminum handle with aluminum tubes.
+ Solid wrist strap that attaches directly to an eyelid in the aluminum handle base.
- The diameter of the tubes are smaller, which may make it more prone to bending upon impact
- 4" shorter than GoPole
= No need to fully extend each telescoping section in order to lock. So it can be locked at any length you desire.
I prefer the POV pole due to its lightness and overall build quality. Very portable in the compressed state.
Owned for over three years and still is perfect for my GoPro HERO5
I have the utmost faith in these and I have bought one for myself because the cheaper version I bought made me regret not buying this the first time. Also the attachment point on this is the best I've seen as you can rotate the GoPro a full 180 degrees to either look forwards or directly back at yourself - most gopoles stop somewhere short of 180 degress so you have to mount it the specific direction you want it to point.