Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on May 20, 2012
First I must talk about my love for the cover art of this cookbook.It's simply amazing,the colors are eye catching,the pictures are visually pleasing,all and all this cover can do no wrong.

Then once you get past the cover art,it gets better.The "Spoon cookbook" gives you fun,and easy ways to cook using fresh ingredients. These recipes are simply divine and will not take more than 35 minutes to prepare.

I really enjoyed the tips on which foods were in season,because I feel price is what mostly keeps me away from eating fresh foods(broke college student),but with these tips I can shop in season,and within my budget.

Also for those who aren't hip to cooking terms or forms of measurements this cookbook comes with a glossary--Authors really thought of everything.

It's just something about making things from scratch,using fresh ingredients that make me feel like a chef.

Add-on from original review: just noticed that SPOON: Soup, Stew & Chowder Recipes (Autumn/Winter) (Cooking in Season #2) is already available.
on May 23, 2012
These recipes are well balanced: from soups to stews from savory to sweet. Imaginative... strawberry rhubarb soup? YUM!

Not too many ingredients, and easy to prepare recipes usable at different times of year and for different occasions. It's refreshing to see that they are using fresh ingredients, without a lot of "junky" shortcuts.

One surprise: at the beginning, the author suggests using bouillon cubes or canned soup if you don't want to make stock from scratch. I would use boxed broth (Trader Joe's and Pacific brands are both very natural tasting, and won't overwhelm the recipes.) I think cubes would taint the flavor of an otherwise good recipe.

There's also some nice info in here on seasonal veggies, etc. (resource info independent of the recipes)....

Enjoy!
on May 13, 2012
At an Easter party, someone handed me a shot glass of chilled strawberry soup that knocked my socks off! I went home and bought this kindle book and am now a 'convert' that rhubarb can again have a place in my kitchen!! Until now, I wondered what I would do with the existing patch growing in the garden that 'came' with our new house -- my winter stores of lentils are fast disappearing with fresh lentil & rhubarb stew! As a busy mum, simple and fast minted pea soup is a hit with my family, and the coconut carrot soup was a welcome change from my boring old winter standard. I can't wait for summer / fall / winter spooning suggestions from this duo!
on June 25, 2012
I look for light and easy recipes for the summer. When the temperature rises to 112 degrees, one doesn't crave heavy comfort foods. This book includes excellent reference information. The recipes are uncomplicated and easy to make. Try the White Asparagus Consomme, it is lovely. The authors also have an Autumn/Winter edition.
on May 16, 2012
My favorite is the fresh pea and crispy prociutto. I love soups and this is a great addition to my cookbook library! The combinations are so imaginative and a fresh change from the usual suspects.
on September 19, 2016
Ok didn't try much.
on February 12, 2016
good
on February 7, 2016
good
on August 1, 2014
some good recipes, for cookbooks, i like the page turner over a kindle, though.
on May 17, 2012
I love to cook but find myself getting bored with the "usual" flavours. This cookbook offers some really unique recipes with unusual (for me) food pairings that got me excited about cooking dinner.