Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "SPT 8,000BTU Single Hose Portable AC" and save 61% off the $350.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
SPT 8,000BTU Single Hose Portable AC
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8,000btu cooling power, self evaporating system, digital temperature display, digital thermostat with remote control
- Lcdi plug, fire resistant pvc plastic housing
- Choice of programmable timer or continuous operation, programmable timer - up to 24 hours (on, off or both)
- Extendable exhaust hose (up to 59".), built-in water tank or extended water tube for continuous drainage, ul
- 8,000btu cooling power; Self evaporating system; Digital temperature display
- 2 fan speeds; Auto-Restart feature; LCDI plug; Fire resistant PVC plastic housing
- Removes moisture for personal comfort (dehumidifier functions automatically in AC mode); Washable air filters collects dust particles; Casters for easy mobility
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Intelligent Auto Restart
This unit’s auto restart function stores your settings, so that in case of a power outage, it will restart at previous function when power resumes.
Energy Efficiency Ratio
With an impressive EER of 8.9, this unit consumes less energy than others in its class.
Equipped with an auto-drain system that exhausts most condensate, the need to manually drain water from the unit is significantly reduced.
This portable air conditioner uses non ozone-depleting R410A refrigerant and is made with all RoHS compliant components that are free of harmful chemicals.
4 Operational Modes
- 8,000BTU Cooling: cools and dehumidifies the room
- Dehumidify: to dehumidify without cooling or heating the room
- Fan: air circulation
- Auto: automatically select COOL or FAN mode depending on set temperature and room temperature.
User-Friendly Control Panel and Remote: Two (2) Speed Fan & Programmable Timer
Both the control panel and remote have clearly labeled buttons and LED display to show current status. Choose from High or Low fan setting. Program the unit to operate when you need it. The 24 hour programmable timer allows you to set when the unit comes on and/or when to turn off.
WA-1070E 10,000BTU Portable AC
WA-9061H 9,000BTU Portable AC w/ Heat Pump
WA-8070E 8,000BTU Portable AC
WA-1240H 12,000BTU Portable AC w/ Heat Pump
TN-09E 9,000BTU Portable AC
Intelligent Auto Restart
Washable Air Filter
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||MY Home Products||Amazon.com||stores123||OneBigOutlet||Amazon.com|
|Color||White / Gray||White||White||White||White||White|
|Item Dimensions||13.75 x 15 x 29.5 in||11.5 x 16.5 x 26 in||18.1 x 15.2 x 29.4 in||13.6 x 14 x 27.7 in||16 x 22 x 35 in||15.25 x 11.75 x 24 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this unit because of the rave reviews on Amazon, and while I am very pleased with my purchase, there are a few areas where my knowledge was lacking prior to my purchase. Originally, I planned on setting up this unit to use in two different rooms, at two different times of the day, but I soon discovered the casters are too small to safely move the unit with the carpeting I have (though the casters would work well on hard floors). Also, changing the window kit setup and the exhaust vent from one room to another would be way too inconvenient to do on a regular basis, so I quickly abandoned that idea.
Here are a few more points to consider:
1. The unit is much bigger than I thought it was when I looked at the photo on Amazon. Be sure to check out the dimensions before you buy it (see photo).
2. If you have a window that opens by sliding the glass from side to side, and that window is recessed into the wall more than one inch or so, the four inch wide window kit that comes with the machine will not work without some modification. This is because the oval-shaped vent in the kit is about three inches wide, but it quickly flares out to a 6 inch diameter circular vent. In my case, I had to buy a 4 inch wide (1/2" thick) board to place in my window, just to the right of the window kit, along with additional weatherstripping, in order to make it fit in my window (see photo).
3. Whether the fan is on high or low, it is very noisy, especially when the unit is cooling. I could not even imagine sleeping in a room with this noise, unless the only choice was sleeping in a very hot room, then I'd have to get used to it. Keep in mind, however, that the fan runs continuously, whether or not the unit is cooling. It only goes off when you turn off the power.
4. The direction of the vent can only be adjusted vertically, not from side to side.
5. While the exhaust hose can be extended to a maximum length of 59 inches, the minimum vent height above the bottom of the machine is 12 inches, and the maximum vent height above the bottom of the machine is 47 inches (photo from the manual). Also, the vent should be free of any kinks.
6. The unit uses 900 watts of power (photo from corrugated carton).
Nevertheless, with all of the above reservations, this machine really delivers the cold air and my room stays much cooler than before, and for that I am very satisfied with the purchase. In addition, the unit comes with a remote control with the same functions as those on the main unit. It is very convenient to use.
One other note: there are two drain plugs on the back of the machine. The first one is located about 15 inches above the base of the machine. If you want to continually keep the machine drained, this is the only way to go. A one foot (approx.) clear plastic hose is provided for that drain, but it will also accept any 3/4 inch threaded hose (I used a 3/4 inch washing machine hose). I ran that hose into a large glass bottle by drilling a hole into the plastic bottle lid and inserted the hose's other end (very easy to do).
The other drain plug is located about one inch from the base of the machine. It holds the contents of an internal tank. You can use one drain or the other, but you wouldn't use both. If you use the internal tank and it fills up, the machine will stop emitting cold air, although the fan will continue blowing, and the display will give an error message indicating a full tank. While I haven't tried this method, I think it would be much more inconvenient in use, especially if your machine is sitting on the floor. I hope this review helps. Thanks for reading.
I highly recommend this AC - Stay cool my fellow Amazon shoppers!
It is 90-94 degrees Farenheit outside in NYC and this baby keeps the room at a comfortable 70 with ease.
It took 5 minutes to unbox, and another 5 minutes to set up last night.
It also draws humidity out of the air, and thus leaves you without that stickiness that stays on those hot summer nights.
Timer features keep it on when you want it, and off when you don't
Has wheels at the bottom making for easier transport.
The dashboard on the top is very intuitive and easy to use. Also comes with remote.
Two settings for COOL: Low, and High; Red Power Button for on or off.
My price range was $250-350 - Very sturdy and a strong air conditioning unit. Does everything I want for the right price.
It's 60lbs - quite Heavy
You have to set up the hot air funnel carefully - it came off twice last night. Id recommend some adhesive or tape to remedy this.
Most recent customer reviews
hose connection is easy, you might have to cut the window piece with a saw or whatever since some windows are smaller...Read more