SPT 18,500 BTU Window AC
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3 fan speeds, modes: dry, auto, energy saver, sleep, top air discharge
- Removable chassis, fresh air vent for air circulation and odor removal, thermostat controlled energy saver
- Electronic controls with digital display, easy out and washable air filter
- Auto Restart feature, Up to 24 hours timer setting, Flexible window mount, ideal for 1,000-1,200 square feet
- Remote control, window installation kit included, ul approved with energy star, input voltage 230/208v~
- Remote control, window installation kit included, ul approved, input voltage 230/208v~
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Installation instructions are a bit confusing. It seems that whoever wrote them wanted to include all the details, but this is done at the expense of clarity. For example, the manual says to attach the side panels to the cabinet, but doesn't specify in which direction to place the screws. It becomes obvious once you think about it, but this is one of the details they fumbled. Otherwise, pictures are included and the parts were all labeled. FYI for anyone worried about minimum window height (which is advertised as being 18.5"), my window vertical opening was exactly 18.5" and I had no problems with installation. I wouldn't advise anyone with a smaller opening to purchase this unit, however.
During installation you can see and feel the quality of the parts. You don't get the feeling that they skimped on anything to save money, and the unit just feels very sturdy overall.
As soon as the unit was powered on, I was surprised with its overall strength. This is supposed to cool a living/dining area and kitchen (total about 750sq ft) in a very sunny part of the house, and it had no problem cooling to 74 on a 100 degree day with the low fan setting. Fairly quiet for its size, too. There is a very faint rattling noise once in a while, but nothing too bothersome.
I only took off one star for the installation instructions, but I am very happy with the unit itself, and wouldn't hesitate to purchase it again, especially considering the price compared to other brands.
**** Note this is a 220/240 power unit ****
It doesn't use a standard outlet. You may need an electrician to run a new line that can handle the power!!! The plug looks standard, but has 2 flat prongs on the top instead of vertical. FYI.
AC unit has been installed now for 1 month and we are impressed. At 90F no issues with cooling our entire downstairs and keeping it at 70F. Only reason I gave 4 stars is due to shipping damage or else would have given a 5.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The fan motor on this unit started to squeal after a few months of use.
It was still cooling but was too loud to use. Read more
So far, so good. I am using the unit for refrigeration in a cool room with another controller. Unit is very powerful and was easy to install.Published 22 months ago by Lavender Girl