Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
SPT SF-608R Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Evaporative air cooler, humidifier, and fan for cooling and humidifying
- Uses water to cool the air; oscillating louvers for even distribution
- 10-liter water tank; 3 air speeds; sleep mode; 1/2- to 7-1/2-hour timer
- Air flow of 23 feet per second; nylon and photocatalystic filter; remote control
- Measures 12 by 16 by 25 inches; 1-year warranty
- Please refer User Manual and Instruction Manual under the product description.
- Works best in very hot and dry climates, where humidity levels are <40%. Does not provide the same cooling as an A/C unit.They are only meant to work in certain climates, specifically very dry and hot climates. They make the room humid unless the customer has an open door or window to release the humidity.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
SPT SF-608R/SF-609 Evaporative Air Cooler
Versatile, lightweight and economical
The evaporative Cooler easily rolls from room to room for use anywhere in your house or office. This Air Cooler shoots a stream of air with oscillating louvers, to evenly distribute refreshing cool air. The remote control allows you to easily change settings.
Best used in dry climates or open spaces (Works by endothermic reaction)
This evaporative Air Cooler sucks air through a wick saturated with water. As the air flows through the wick, some of the water evaporates into the air, consuming the heat that was in the air. An air stream is then blown out the front of the unit and is considerably cooler than the current room temperature! This is not an air conditioner and therefore uses much less energy.
No compressor inside (not an air conditioner)
This unit is not an air conditioner and does not have a compressor inside - air coolers will not lower a room's ambient temperature. Air coolers are designed for spot cooling. This unit is best used in dry climates or open spaces. Leave window/door open to limit the rise of humidity and for better air ventilation in the room. Add as much ice as possible and set unit next to you for best effect.
- With remote control
- 10L water tank capacity
- Washable dust filter
- Three air speeds: H / M / L
- Sleep mode
- Natural mode (SF-608R Only)
- Timer: from 0.5 ~ 7.5 hours setting.
- Ionizer to purify air (SF-609 only)
|Water Tank Capacity||10L||10L||7L||7L||5L|
|Auto Swing Louvers||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Timer||0.5 ~ 7.5 hours||0.5 ~ 7.5 hours||0.5 ~ 7.5 hours||0.5 ~ 7.5 hours||1 ~ 12 hours|
|Air Volume (CFM)||Up to 476||Up to 476||Up to 282||Up to 264||Up to 428|
This Evaporative Air Cooler, Humidifier, and Fan is versatile, lightweight and economical. The Cooler easily rolls from room to room for use anywhere in your house or office. This Air Cooler shoots a stream of air with oscillating louvers, to evenly distribute refreshing cool air. Can also be used as a fan or humidifier if temperature is not an issue. The remote control allows you to easily change settings.The Air Cooler works by endothermic reaction (a reaction that consumes heat), so this evaporative Air Cooler sucks air through a wick saturated with water. As the air flows through the wick, some of the water evaporates into the air, consuming the heat that was in the air. An air stream is then blown out the front of the unit and is considerably cooler than the current room temperature! This is not an air conditioner and therefore uses much less energy. The unit works well in dry climates; not very effective in areas with high humidity as the unit utilizes water to cool. Customers contact us at 1-800-330-0388 or firstname.lastname@example.org for customer services and troubleshooting.
Compare with similar items
Luma Comfort EC110S Portable Evaporative Cooler with 250 Square Foot Cooling, 500 CFM
SPT SF-614P Evaporative Air Cooler with 3D Cooling Pad
SPT SF-610 Portable Evaporative Air Cooler with Ionizer
NewAir AF-1000W Portable Evaporative Cooler, White
Luma Comfort EC220W High Power 1650 CFM Evaporative Cooler with 650 Square Foot Cooling
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Item Dimensions||27 x 13 x 17 in||11.25 x 12.75 x 34.5 in||11 x 11.5 x 27.75 in||31 x 14.5 x 12 in||12 x 15 x 35.5 in||17.2 x 27.4 x 41.3 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Summary: Works well, but move it slowly and upgrade to an Aspen cooling pad
To install pad:
1. Turn off and unplug the unit.
2. Remove the two phillips head screws on the top of the rear panel
3. Remove the panel slowly, sometimes there is residual water at the top.
4. Remove clips and phillips head screws along the sides.
5. Cut out new pad to size (also leaving a "tail" on the bottom that will constantly sit in water like the old pad does)
6. Lay over new pad and ONLY include the top clips. (you may have to stretch them out to fit the new thicker filter)
---Do not put the other phillips head screws on rails back onto the back panel, the filter is too thick and the threads won't reach. They're not really needed anyways, but you can try at your own risk.
I use my unit blowing right on me, which allows me to use my A/C at a weaker setting. It does not cool a room. It is like a fan with a cooler breeze. It can be helpful if you work at a desk or have it directed on you in bed at nightime. I have compared this cooler to a regular fan, and the breeze from the cooler is slightly cooler than an ordinary fan. In one summer, the money the unit has saved me has paid for the unit. I was hoping it would be more effective, but it is not magic, and unfortunately cheaply made.
Superb product, highly recommend it.
It's been in the high 90s to the low 100's here in the San Fernando Valley in CA with low humidity and it's kept whatever room it is in cool enough to not have to turn on the AC.
It's no air conditioner, but it's a low in cost [to purchase and to run]alternative you could even say was an "eco-friendly" way to stay comfortable in the summer. But then, my friends had to talk me out of buying a wringer washing machine, so my opinion is based on my personal preference for simplicity and old fashioned ways of doing things.
Take my review as you will. It does what it says it will. If you have frequent high humidity, it won't be effective and the company tells you that so be forewarned. I find it to be a great buy and it runs quietly as well.
One day I noticed that it randomly leaked onto my carpet and I did not find out until hours later. This caused a nasty off color stain in my light colored carpet. I quickly turned off the machine and turned it back on again and it did not leak again. Because of this issue, I did not have the peace of mind of using it without having to check under it to see if it was leaking so I ended up returning it.