- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (February 11, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471383546
- ISBN-13: 978-0471383543
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 0.6 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.9 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 12 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,671,464 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
SSL & TLS Essentials: Securing the Web
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
"Great writing . . . a clear introduction to the most widely deployed security technology in the Internet."?Paul Lambert, former co-chair of IETF IPSEC working group
The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security(TLS) protocols form the foundation for e-commerce security on the World Wide Web, verifying the authenticity of Web sites, encrypting the transfer of sensitive data, and ensuring the integrity of information exchanged. Now?for the first time the details of these critical security protocols are available in a complete, clear, and concise reference. SSL and TLS Essentials provides complete documentation of the SSL and TLS protocols, including advanced and proprietary extensions never before published. The book thoroughly covers the protocols in operation, including the contents of their messages, message formats, and the cryptographic calculations used to construct them. The text also includes an introduction to cryptography and an explanation of X.509 public key certificates. Stephen Thomas, author of IPng and the TCP/IP Protocols, presents this complex material in a clear and reader-friendly manner. The book includes more than 80 figures and illustrations to supplement its text, and it describes SSL in the context of real-world, practical applications. Readers will immediately understand not only the academic principles behind he security protocols, but how those principles apply to their own network security challenges.
The book includes:
- Full details of Netscape?s SSL and the IETF?s TLS protocols, with differences between the two clearl highlighted and explained
- A concise tutorial in cryptography
- Complete coverage of Netscape?s International Step-Up and Microsoft?s Server Gated Cryptography implementations
- A description of X.509 public key certificates
- Details on implementing backwards compatibility among previous versions of SSL and TLS
- A thorough security checklist with explanations of all known attacks on SSL implementations, along with appropriate countermeasures.
The CD-ROM contains convenient electronic versions of the book for:
- Windows® CE handheld computers
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader for PCs
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
About the Author
STEPHEN THOMAS is CTO of TransNexus, a leading provider of e-commerce solutions for Internet telecommunications. He has been actively involved in Internet protocol development for nearly 20 years and has contributed to numerous Internet Drafts and RFCs. Thomas is also the author of IPng and the TCP/IP Protocols (also from Wiley).
Top customer reviews
Internet programming so, i wanted to start with some internet protocols like HTTP <I have got this one too called"HTTP Essentials: Protocols for Secure, Scaleable Web Sites
by Stephen Thomas "> if u r interested you should go ahead and buy this book
This book would be best accompanied with a code samples guide.
Most recent customer reviews
By the way, there is some mistake in the book.Read more