FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges and regions on planet earth and each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
- SSX introduces arevolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in theenvironment
- From boards of varying speeds to wing suits that let you glide for longerdistances, upgrade your gear to ride faster, trick higher and survive longer
- Characters include: Elise, Mac, Kaori, Psymon,Moby, Zoe, Griff, Ty, Tane and Alex.
- Defying the laws of reality, SSX will enable players to pull off tricks that would make even theworld’s greatest snowboarders cringe.
- Conquer the Planet's Mountains - From Antarctica to Africa and the Himalayas to the Alps, players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges and regions on planet earth. Using NASA topographical data and our proprietary Mountain Man tool, each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
- Advanced Physics - Harnessing the power of the current generation of consoles, SSX introduces a revolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in the environment, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
A modern day reinvention of one of the most critically acclaimed arcade franchises of all-time, EA SPORTS SSX will allow players to experience the franchise's signature fun and adrenaline-packed gameplay across iconic mountain ranges all over the world. Utilizing NASA topographical satellite data, we've mapped out a Massive World for players to explore. Using a Google-Earth inspired interface, navigate throughout nine expansive mountain ranges and regions, each with multiple peaks and multiple drops. SSX packs reality-defying gameplay into every run letting players Race, Trick, and Survive down huge open mountains. In addition, Explore, Global Events and RiderNet - SSX's recommendation engine - headline an online feature set that will revolutionize social competition for gamers, making it fun and easy to compete with friends on your schedule.
SSX is a snowboarding game for Next-Gen game consoles that continues the over-the-top Arcade style fun that the long-running SSX franchise is famous for. The game features racing and trick gameplay both in single player and multiplayer options, with runs set across the mountains of the world using real-world NASA topographical data. Additional features include: new and returning franchise favorite characters, global events and the ability to race against ghost images representing a friend's time on a run, real-world conditions like avalanches, rockslides and freezing temperatures, and more.
Iconic Snowboard Racing Returns
A modern-day reinvention of one of the most critically acclaimed franchises of the last generation, SSX returns packing adrenaline and reality-defying gameplay into every moment. In this over-the-top snowboarding extravaganza players jump into the boots of your favorite SSX character -- including those featured in previous releases in the franchise -- and race, trick, and survive the world's most iconic mountain ranges. Based on real-world NASA topographical data, each mountain range delivers an experience true to the franchise's rich history, allowing you to defy reality and own the planet.
Along with racing and trick performance gameplay in which you pull off runs and sick jumps to build point multipliers and earn in-game currency, SSX includes the ability to explore the gameworld with minimal barriers as to where you can go. Additionally the game contains multiplayer options including the ability to compete in live events against real people in real-time on every drop in the game or to race against the posted times of friends in which ghosts of your friends' runs are visible in your world showing you exactly how they performed. Improve on these runs and earn in-game cash and if your ghost beats opponents reap additional benefits the next time you sign in.
Key Game Features
- Conquer the Planet - From the Alps to the Andes, the Himalayas to the Rockies, ride some of the most iconic mountains in the world. Developed using real-world NASA topographical data and SSX's own proprietary Mountain Man tool, every region delivers an exaggerated gameplay experience that is true to the rich history of the franchise.
- Race It - SSX goes way beyond your typical racing experience. With wide-open terrain, multiple elevations and starting points, and no invisible walls, it's up to your skills and imagination to discover the fastest line down the mountain.
- Trick It - Defy the laws of gravity by pulling off tricks that would make even the world's greatest snowboarders cringe. Nevermind a 1260° Double McTwist - in SSX, you're still a beginner if you still have both feet strapped to the board while spinning 200 feet in the air.
- Survive It - Escape avalanches, rock slides, freezing cold temperatures, and more as you take Mother Nature head-on in hope of surviving some of the most treacherous descents on earth.
- Explore - Explore every drop in the massive world of SSX. Set your fastest time on Race Drops, post your highest score in Trick Drops, and descend as far down the mountain as you can in Survival Drops. Instead of a traditional leaderboard showing friends' times to beat, ghosts of your friends' runs are visible in your world showing you exactly how they performed. Challenge your friends' ghosts or let your ghost chalk up wins and losses as you dominate your way to the top of your friend leaderboards.
- Global Events - Compete at every drop point in the SSX universe. Compete in live events against real people in real-time on every drop in the game. An event can last for a single run, hours, or even days and can support up to 100,000 participants, with your friends and closest competitors phasing in and out of your immediate surroundings at all times. Post a time and move up or down the leaderboard even if you quit out and turn off your console.
- RiderNet - Inspired by the incredible Autolog engine that powered NFSHP, RiderNet will guide you through the incredible world of SSX by allowing you to 'like' your favorite drops, recommending new drops and friends, guiding you to where your friends are, or drops that their ghosts are dominating, and directing you to the biggest and best global events for your level.
- Legendary Characters and All-new Icons - Favorite fan-selected characters, including Elise, Kaori and Mac make their return, joining new faces on the slopes.
- Every Moment is a Rush - A revolutionary physics engine pushes the boundaries and defies the laws of reality, allowing you to ride and trick off anything, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
Defy gravity in Trick play.
Chase the times of friends.
Race in global events.
Survive treacherous conditions.
Top customer reviews
SSX reminds me of literally all of the best parts of Jet Moto. The speed of SSX isn't immediately at breakneck pace, but gets there as you go along. The more combos you rack up, the more you can use your tricky meter and go insane. You hardly ever bail out once you get used to the controls, which honestly doesn't take very long. When you have the tricky meter, you literally set on fire and start doing crazy 360s. The game makes great use of it's environment and every mountain has a lot of variety. There are a ton of different game modes and a crazy amount of things to do. A lot, if not all of the classic characters you might know from the SSX series show up. The game really is amazing, and you should give it a try. It was $12 when I picked up this copy. If it's $12 or less, get it.
The whole mechanics of the game has changed in the sense that you aren't having fun anymore... you're just trying to achieve a high trick score or best time possible... This is the only game i found myself restarting each event over 50 times!!! I get very frustrated playing this game which is very rare for me. Playing this game is like a chore. Sure they have a lot of content and stuff, but without the fun factor i cannot continue playing this game.
I have occasionally gone on just to get platinum bracket for some event, but this game is not fun. The concept is new and should have worked, but it just is NOT FUN! Why didn't they have regular real-time races? why didn't they have local play split screen match? why didn't they have some kind of clan system to make me have a reason to play?
All i can say is that if you can deal with restarting a game 1000 times just to get a good score, or getting very frustrated with this game every minute, then you can purchase. However i assure you that you will get frustrated and stop playing this game. You won't understand what i mean until you buy it and play for more than an hour. IT'S NOT FUN AND SO F****** FRUSTRATING WTF!!!!!!
If they do an update to address all of these concerns then i will change my rating.
-No split screen multiplayer, which was a major bummer.
-Maps are very mountainous and have many many different ways to get to the bottom.
-Single player mode has players riding down various challenges and each new area requires a new subtle tweak to the gameplay. For example, some maps require a squirrel suit so you can glide over large gaps in the mountain. Others require ice picks so you can turn on the ice. Basically this just adds another interesting level of depth to the gameplay, which is otherwise riding a snowboard down a mountain.
-Basically you ride the gnar pow down the mountain as quickly as possible or string tricks together in order to get massive scores.
Not as great as the originals in my opinion, but an interesting game none the less. Check out a full game review elsewhere for more!
They revamped the controller mechanics in a way I didn't like, but I imagine it's easier for newcomers to grasp. You can still switch it to Classic layout, so no real issue for me. You also won't get trapped on the harder courses, since the game gives you an option to skip an event once you've failed it enough consecutively (a nice touch if you just aren't getting the track's particular gimmick).
Character customization isn't as robust in previous versions (tamer outfits and board art; aptitude for tricks, speed, boost, etc. entirely bound to selected board) which I think is a side effect of their push for slightly more realism. I guess it's more believable that your carving in underground volcanoes as long as you aren't using a hoverboard?
Anyhow, hours of fun and replayability to be had, especially at this price point. Would have been 5 stars with more emphasis on tricking (i.e. sandbox style tracks for infinite tricking) and the ability to better tailor characters' attributes (I want to cap out Mac's tricks before anything else).