STABILicers Walk Traction Ice Cleat and Tread for Snow, Ice, Attaches Over Shoes/Boots for Everyday Safety in Winter, Outdoor, Slippery Terrain
|Price:||$13.99 - $75.00|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Go about your day, no matter the conditions, with easy-to-use Stabilicers Walk. The multi-directional cleats allow you to stride easily while providing traction on ice and snow-covered pavement and gravel. SCROLL DOWN TO RELATED VIDEO SHORTS FOR MORE!
- VERSATILE: These industrial-strength traction-aids are built to stand up to hard use, saving money while preventing injuries. Everyday chores like walking the dog or shoveling the driveway become much safer and more enjoyable.
- EASY WEAR AND LIGHTWEIGHT: STABIL’s proprietary Thermo Plastic Elastomer (TPE) provides a flexible, lightweight, all-day traction solution. They fit easily and securely over your own shoes or boots and fold small enough to keep in a pack, purse or in your car.
- REDUCE INJURY: Tested to remain flexible to -45 degrees F, full-sole coverage with cleats on heel and forefoot maintain traction through your normal stride. Aggressive cleats and treads prevent slips and falls on ice, snow, and wet pavement.
- DESIGNED FOR: Anyone who wants unbeatable traction – day in and day out. STABILicers Walk is easy to pull on and take off, with secure fitting for shoes and boots. Keep a pair on hand and don’t let winter catch you off guard. Made in Maine, USA and Canada
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Go about your day with peace of mind, no matter the conditions, with easy-to-use STABILicers Walk. The multi-directional cleats allow you to stride naturally while providing unbeatable traction on ice and snow-covered pavement and gravel. These industrial-strength traction-aids are built to stand up to hard use, saving money while preventing injuries. Everyday chores like walking the dog or shoveling the driveway become much safer and more enjoyable.
At STABIL, stability, traction and performance are more than just product attributes; they’re words we live by. Every day. Only through stability can a company earn the trust of its customers. Only through traction can our hard work and efforts be realized. And only through the performance of our dedicated employees can we all prosper.
Made in the USA:
Proudly made in Maine, USA for over 25 years, our decision to produce our own products in the USA is based on a number of factors, yet most importantly, our own values. The bottom line is that our quality and service remains without compromise; thus yielding a true reflection of who we are as a company and people.
Harsh winter weather conditions should never prevent you from enjoying the outdoors. STABIL has been the leading manufacturer of traction footwear for nearly three decades.
Based in Biddeford, Maine, we have continued to innovate our original product and have expanded our offerings to suit a wide range of recreational outdoor pursuits. More recently, we have taken on commercial applications with our STABIL Grippers, designed for restaurants, food processing, and cleaning services, just to name a few.
No matter what the environment has in store for you, STABIL will never let you down.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Sizing: Much smaller than advertised
2. Durability: Very flimsily made on the sides
I wear a size 13 Men's shoe (US measurements), so I bought the largest size available XL which the company says is designed to fit shoes 13.5 - 16.
Unfortunately, as you can see from the photo, the XL are much too small to fit even a size 13. The sole of the Stablicers is rubber, but does not stretch longer.
Note I am not even trying to put them on boots, just regular street shoes, so I can't imagine how bad the fit would be if I was trying to put them on boots.
I spent 10 years living in a community of 180 men on the peaks of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Boone, NC. We regularly got severe ice storms and all our roads were quite hilly, so for 10 years, all 180 of us tried every type of ice cleats we could find, from very expensive professional quality crampons designed for glacier climbing, to very low budget ones.
As a result, we became very familiar with the quality and durability of the different types of rubber used in ice cleats. Every single type we tried failed for one reason or the other, but the most frequent type of structural failure was due to flimsy rubber.
We finally discovered a brand of very low-budget cleat that claimed to use the same military-grade rubber used in tank treads. Those cleats lasted for years and were very effective--the rubber never broke, even under extremely demanding, long term use. They appear to be these: "Eagle Claw Ice Ease-On Cleats".
Unfortunately, as soon as I stretched the rubber of the Stabilicers, my heart sank because the sides were so extremely flimsy, just like all the other rubber cleats we had tried over the years.
I wouldn't trust these cleats to last a full winter unless you treated them as delicately as if they were on the verge of breaking at any moment. However, given the extremely poor fit, I think the sides would need to be stretched much more than they can handle in order to actually fit on the shoe.
I turned around to the house and put on my STABILicers and tried again . . . this time with no slipping on the cold, slightly frozen surface of the asphalt. No doubt these work.