Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on June 14, 2012
I supported Stack Soap from the Kickstarter mostly because slivers of soap tend to slip from my freakishly large hands at high speeds into inconvenient places like behind the toilet or straight into my face. Stack Soap solves this problem without the guilt of so many almost finished bars unceremoniously tossed into the trash. Aside from its main purpose of allowing you to make the most out of your soap, it also has a nice smell that doesn't hang around like an annoying relative and leaves even ragged hands like mine that have been exposed to cleaning chemicals, engine grease, garden dirt, and a cat that thinks fingers are chew toys soft and smooth. Hooray for Stack Soap!
on October 17, 2012
First things first- the notch works. I've found it works best if you wait until the old sliver is just getting to the point of being hard to hold onto. Stick it to the new one and done.
I love that the soap is not tested on animals- that is a prerequisite for me. The lather is good and the scent of the unscented bar just smells like soap. There is a slight bit of residue that makes my skin feel squeaky which is why I gave 4 stars instead of 5. In the hot, humid summer the feeling didn't linger and now that it's winter I moisturize so again the squeaky feeling doesn't linger.
Overall an excellent idea with great execution. I plan to make this my default soap.

Update: After using this soap exclusively for a while, I am upgrading my review to 5 stars. I recently tried the Jasmine scent also- it's a very mild scent, not overpowering.
review image review image
on November 19, 2012
The entire idea behind this clever soap bar shape is to save the slivers of leftover soap from the previous bar and add it into the dish of a fresh bar...no more wasted soap.

Ok, but at over 4X the per bar cost of "regular" soap, I could throw away 3 bars every time I open a new one and still be saving money compared to buying the Stack soap.

So you're saving a small amount of soap...so what? If it costs 4X as much, I'd rather throw the slivers away.

It's a clever idea, and it really does work. If the price were comparable it's a slam dunk...but the high price just makes it impractical.
1010 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
Most of the other reviews have this covered. Here's some truth though. #1 - This soap does not smell good and that's why I knocked off a star. I get it is supposedly unscented. Thankfully after use it leaves your body "unscented" because the bar itself smells to me like old potatoes or squash. A very earthy smell, not especially pleasant. Again it does not leave your body smelling that way but anyone who thinks this smells good must live in a cave.

#2 - The price. OK the "infinite bar" thing works well enough but come on. As others have noted you're looking at probably two bucks a bar here. Some Irish Springs is much cheaper and smells a lot better. This leads to my final point which is...

#3- It does work well. I have a hard time finding soaps that moisturize and actually remove odor, seems like many do one or the other. This does both. Skin feels pretty nice after using this and it lathers well, all while actually leaving you clean or at least neutral smelling as noted above.

Is it worth it? Tough call. If you are even remotely interested in trying new soaps this isn't that much of an investment for a box and I think it is worth trying once and I may or may not buy more myself.
on June 26, 2012
My hubby and I supported this venture because we thought the idea was pretty clever. And we were not disappointed.

The scent of a product is a make-or-break point for me and while I liked the idea, I was a bit wary of what it would smell like. I was very pleasantly surprised when we received our shipment! While fragrance can be a pretty personal thing, I liked this initial fragrance because it reminds me of a light fresh green tea based scent. It's not overwhelming and personally I think it's a nice unisex scent. The scent doesn't linger long so if you like to layer on other fragrances (cologne, perfume, scented lotions), it won't interfere. Or if you're not a fragrance person, soon after your shower you're pretty much unscented but clean smelling.

Our water in the area is soft and the lather for this soap was pretty incredible. Not sure how that would translate in hard water areas. I had no issues rinsing it off and it left me feeling very clean yet moisturized.

We were able to test out its design function right away with our old soap bar - it fit like a glove and adhered right away - no slippage, no slivers of soap clogging the drain... I can't wait until we use up the bar and break open the next stack soap bar!
on June 18, 2012
My fiance and I funded this Kickstarter project because it sounded like a neat invention based on environmental concerns and the want for good soap, not just body wash. Upon receiving and opening our first box of Stack soap, it is clear there is no reason to go back to traditional soaps/body washes. The ingenious design and pleasing fragrance matched with the care and dedication of its creators to has proven to me this is the only soap I care to use. Thank you for this product, your dedication, and your passion. You will have my continued business.
on July 30, 2012
My son sent me the link to Stack Soap at KickStarter.com. The idea looked great and it can now report that it really works well! I had been struggling to save small bars of soap by pressing them together until I had a bar large enough to actually use in the shower. The Stack Soap design allows me to save the soap before it becomes a small sliver by pressing it into the cavity of the next bar. The Stack Soap idea works! I am now on my 4th of the original 6 bars I received as part of my stack Soap at KickStarter.com involvement.

In addition to an excellent idea, Stack Soap also works very well with my hard well water. The competition soap that my wife uses simply can not be washed off completely. For almost 30 years now I have had a hard time removing the slick feeling I got from using her skin cream infected soap. The first time I used Stack Soap, I noticed that the soap washed off immediately and I felt squeaky clean. My hot showers are now shorter, thus saving energy cash. I feel cleaner and have a body soap that can be used up completely. How much better can it get than this?

Thanks for the new Stack Soap idea and the completely satisfactory product.

I am now placing my order for two 6 packs from Amazon.com so that I will not run out when I finish my first 6 bars of Stack Soap.

BobG, Raleigh, NC
on November 12, 2012
I first heard about this small soap company when they supported the My Brother My Brother and Me podcast and thought I'd give them a try. Very glad that I did.

Besides the genius idea of stacking, Stack soap is just really simple and does what it should. No heavy scents, no unnecessary ingredients. It's just soap at it's simplest, which is all it needs to be. The shea butter is an added bonus and does seem to make it just a smoother feel.

I wouldn't include packaging as part of the point score, but as an added bonus, you guys did a great job with it. It looks amazing!

More than anything, everyone should support Stack soap not only because it's a great product and competitively priced with the mass produced soaps, but because it takes GUTS to start your own small business based on an idea you believe in! Support the little guy and get a great soap at a great price as well. It's the best of both worlds, so I really have no reason to buy other soap again.
on January 8, 2013
I came across this ingenious, soap-saving concept on Kickstarter, and ordered it out of curiosity. The leftover stacking works as described and is reason enough to re-order the product.

I didn't have any expectations regarding the quality of the soap itself, so i was pleasantly surprised when we started using the bars: they lather smoothly, leave the skin feeling soft and without residue, and have the most wonderful, light scent. It comes across neither 'female' nor 'male' ... just very lightly green, clean, and fresh. Like a meadow.

We will definitely continue to use this product and recommend it to our friends.
on October 30, 2014
I was one of the original Kickstarter backers, and I've been buying Stack on Amazon ever since. I love this stuff. It's nice soap that works well and has a nice neutral smell, but the best thing about it is NO SLIVERS. You always have a nice sized bar of soap that's actually useful, and there's no waste.

Overall, I love this stuff, but I would love to see them license the design to bigger soap companies so we could see this in teh supermarket.