Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: 8 B(M) US|Color: Cognac|Change

Showing 1-10 of 367 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 424 reviews
on December 14, 2016
STAY away from purchasing these boots from Amazon. I've purchased from these boots from the Steve Madden store twice since 2007 and these do NOT have the same quality. They are flimsy, the sole on the left boot isn't completely attached and the heels were poorly glued on that they look like they are coming apart. I'm TERRIBLY disappointed in the quality. The leather doesn't feel like the pair I went and purchased from a dept store three days after purchasing from Amazon. I'm not sure why they are selling fake boots but I will NEVER again purchase shoes from Amazon!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on January 26, 2017
I'm a fan of the boot style, but so disappointed in the boot quality.

I bought a similar pair of these boots over 10 years ago. The only difference in style is the belt buckle placement. 10+ years ago the belt was on the back; now it's on the side of the boot.

The leather appears to be made of cheap quality and smells chemically treated. The upper half of the leather had pin needle bumps. The lower half (ankle and foot area) of the boot's leather felt stiff, hard and too smooth.

The cognac color advertised is more carmel. The boots I received are more of a brown color. The color of the boot appears to be painted on. When I adjusted the belt, the belt felt thin and seemed like it was going to tear. In addition, the color rubbed off the leather.

If you know your leather and are looking for quality leather, you will not find it in these boots. If you are buying just for style and not quality then you probably won't have a problem, but these boots will not last the amount paid.
Overall, I do not recommend these boots. I will not buy style over quality. I am returning this product for a refund.

* I've included pictures of the boot from 10+ years ago (left) to the boot I just received (right).
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 23, 2011
I don't normally write reviews but I thought I would share that I also received fake boots. I had wanted these boots forever and should have known by the deal I was getting . I ended up paying $80 for a $130 pair of boots. I bought them in February but after months of wondering why they were so uncomfortable and wearing out so fast I started to do a little research. I looked at the fellow reviews on here and noticed someone else had received fake boots. Mine met her description. Mine say "made in Mexico" on the inside and "SINETHIC" instead on synthetic. I have looked at the boots in the Steve Madden store at the mall and they say "made in brazil" and synthetic is spelled correctly. I'm not sure if all pairs that amazon is selling are fake, but I know that I got a "good deal" and these are fake!
on March 2, 2017
I read many reviews regarding the brown ones and their lack of quality, however, I have them in black and grey and LOVE them.

Well, I should have heeded the advice given on the brown. I got them for Christmas 2016, so maybe 9 weeks ago and they are falling apart. I think I've worn them a total of 10 times. I noticed after the first wear that they instantly looked worn on the top from my foot moving - apparently you're not supposed to walk in them.
review image
on November 30, 2016
These boots are super comfortable. I don't plan on wearing them everyday, as I mostly wear black boots all winter, but I wanted a brown pair this year. I also purchased the same boots in black and love those, too! I can see why people have complained a little about the wear and tear on the heel, but since I don't plan on wearing these all the time, it's okay. The leather upper is pretty good and expected quality from Steve Madden. Fashionable boot that will fit most calves. I border on average/wide and these have plenty of room with jeans! You can wear them to work/office or wear them to the grocery store. Good value for the price-I basically got two pairs of boots for the price of one pair from my other favorite boot designer.
on January 6, 2014
I was so excited to get my new steve madden boots I spent $129.99 for them. When I opened the package I put the left one on to try them on. I thought great they fit, while I was putting them into my closet which is well lit I started to notice flaws. soles worn especially in the heel area, tarnished and worn buckles, and a very large abnormality at the top of the boot that looked like it had been repaired. some of the writing on the boot was worn and not able to read but you could see it was there. I would not recommend this seller, the shoes were advertised as new, and they clearly weren't.
on April 24, 2017
I own these in black and have owned owned them in both brown and cognac. The product I got was brown, not cognac. There were multiple scuffs, stains, spots, and other impurities in the base leather. It almost looked like the leather base was painted. These are a knock off
on July 9, 2014
These boots fit oddly on me. I have slender ankles and I guess normal calves (though I'm generally a slim build), but the boots are baggy round the calves and super baggy round the ankles. They are completely shapeless, and I look like a pirate or like I'm wearing gumboots. They would probably work well and be comfortable if you have larger ankles and calves as the calf fit is adjustable, but if you're slim, they're huge...

Apart from the horrible fit, the leather is a nice cognac colour but it does dink and mark easily, so it needs protector. Heel height is very minimal so they're quite stable. I'd say because of the shape they fit to size or perhaps slightly small (in terms of your shoe size) - I'm a 6.5 but got a 7, and even with the half size extra if I wear slightly thicker socks they're tight.

These are ok boots, but there are probably nicer ones out there, especially for my leg size. In the future, as someone with slim legs I will probably steer clear of pull-on boots and stick to zip-up ones which tend to be more shaped. Unfortunately, as I live overseas the cost of returning the boots (plus the postage I initially paid) makes sending them back a non-starter. An expensive mistake :(
on September 10, 2015
I love these boots and these are my 2nd pair. However, I doubt I will buy them again. They look AMAZING. They are absolutely COMFORTABLE. But after 1 season they are so worn down you would think i had it for years. They are very cheaply made and the material is awful. I wish I could find the same "look" made with quality materials for a similar price..wishful thinking!
on November 18, 2013
I have purchased these boots over and over again over the years - why else has SM had them available every year?? Skinny jeans or pants, pencil or a-line skirts with tights...they are a wardrobe staple - and comfortable for all day wear. I love the Cognac color and I have purchased them over again. I tend to give them away and then get a new pair for the season. They fit pretty true to size and I tend to buy them a half size up to accommodate my tights and thick sweater socks on cold work days. I strongly recommend a leather lotion. The leather for these boots is average and it cracks. A good leather lotion will keep the leather moist and give the boot a better look over time. I can't get through the whole season without having to get the soles redone. There are better quality boots out there which offer the same level of comfort and versatility but at this price point I think these boots really do the trick and are worth it. Also to note: I have big calves for my size (6) and the boot shaft is rather roomy. This is okay since you can adjust the buckle a little. The boot stops 2 inches before the knee so I strongly recommend it to women with big calves, you won't be disappointed!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question